Page 55 of 106 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Why would the G5 want anything to do with the FCS schools, even the ones you list? What's in it for them? I can think of plenty of reasons why they'd exclude all the FCS schools they could, similar to how they do now.

Too many mouths to feed
    Exclusivity makes them feel better, keeps administrators paid and boosters smiling
    Keeping schools FCS means you can still get the ridiculously cheap pay games
    Top FCS schools are better than mediocre FBS teams, gotta keep them an arm's distance away
    NDSU is not in a position of strength currently. This has been acknowledged by rational people on both sides of this discussion throughout this process, yet there's some who believe that somehow staying in the FCS longer will give us more leverage down the road that we will then be able to use to solicit an invite to the MWC or the Big 12 at a later date. There is no rational thought in that. The G5 with all of its flaws and faults still carries more weight than any program in the FCS. That will never change whether the P5 splits or not. They are going to hold on to that label and the leverage that comes with it as long as they can.

Right! You just need to get in, take that first step, you cannot get to the top of the stairs without walking up all the steps with very, very, few exceptions
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

https://theathletic.com/news/confere.../BAEjTewaDa07/

In this Chris Vannini article in the Athletic about Liberty, NMSU, SHSU, and JSU being officially added to CUSA, he talks about other schools that have been in communication with CUSA. Tarleton State, EKU, and SFA all mentioned. UConn mentioned as considering its options, having talked about football-only with CUSA. NO MENTION WHATSOEVER of NDSU. No mention that NDSU has reached out. No mention of NDSU as a good football-only option. NDSU is not in the conversation. I think if we were in the mix, it would have been reported by now at some level, by someone. I really don't think it is going to happen. We will see this round realignment come and go, and FCS will be (already has been) raided, and we'll still be FCS. I will of course wait and see and hope, but I am guessing we'll stay put. During the time period from when we first should have sought to move up until now, we will have seen App State, Georgia Southern, Coastal Carolina, Liberty, JMU, SHSU, JSU, and probably a couple others all move up to FBS while we sat with our thumbs up our ass, beating up on lousy teams in their high school stadiums. If we miss this round of realignment, as I suspect we will, we truly deserve to stay in FCS forever. A school administration and half of its fans can't be so wrong for so long before the other half of us have to realize, maybe that's just who we are.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Everybody is going to get to 16 eventually. The SEC has already set the bar.
    Ive always hated 2 divisions. But that seem to be where everyone is headed.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

It is easy to go to 16 when you have OU and Texas sitting there. The other conferences don't have that luxury.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

C-USA makes it official.
    https://conferenceusa.com/news/2021/...r-members.aspx

They scoop two, in-footprint, FCS: SHSU, J-State.

Now ... what do WKU and MTSU do in light of this ...
    I'm hearing if WKU/MTSU go to the MAC, then C-USA would look at Missouri State and Chattanooga ...again, footprint schools.
    If WKU/MTSU stay C-USA ... who knows.

It looks more and more that the only way FBS gets to this neck of the woods is if we build it for ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    C-USA makes it official.

those are nice summary statements on each of those schools. They would competitive conference mates. Our summary description in a CUSA welcome statement would look pretty impressive too.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    https://theathletic.com/news/confere.../BAEjTewaDa07/

In this Chris Vannini article in the Athletic about Liberty, NMSU, SHSU, and JSU being officially added to CUSA, he talks about other schools that have been in communication with CUSA. Tarleton State, EKU, and SFA all mentioned. UConn mentioned as considering its options, having talked about football-only with CUSA. NO MENTION WHATSOEVER of NDSU. No mention that NDSU has reached out. No mention of NDSU as a good football-only option. NDSU is not in the conversation. I think if we were in the mix, it would have been reported by now at some level, by someone. I really don't think it is going to happen. We will see this round realignment come and go, and FCS will be (already has been) raided, and we'll still be FCS. I will of course wait and see and hope, but I am guessing we'll stay put. During the time period from when we first should have sought to move up until now, we will have seen App State, Georgia Southern, Coastal Carolina, Liberty, JMU, SHSU, JSU, and probably a couple others all move up to FBS while we sat with our thumbs up our ass, beating up on lousy teams in their high school stadiums. If we miss this round of realignment, as I suspect we will, we truly deserve to stay in FCS forever. A school administration and half of its fans can't be so wrong for so long before the other half of us have to realize, maybe that's just who we are.

No no no ProfBum.... if we just WAIT THIS OUT, the Big 10 will definitely be calling us soon. Its only a matter of time if we go now, we could maybe go Cusa, and someday go MWC in 5 years or so

BUT...

If we wait 25 years, we can go MWC, if we wait 40 years, we can get Big 12, 50 years B1G, 75 years SEC... But if we wait one BILLION YEARS we're going to get invited to the NFC north.

I mean, I'm all in for moving up, but only under the right circumstances
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    It is easy to go to 16 when you have OU and Texas sitting there. The other conferences don't have that luxury.
    OU and Texas go to SEC

Houston, BYU, Cincinnati, UCF to Big 12

The dominoes are already starting to fall.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    C-USA makes it official.

I'm hearing if WKU/MTSU go to the MAC, then C-USA would look at Missouri State and Chattanooga ...again, footprint schools.
    If WKU/MTSU stay C-USA ... who knows.

It looks more and more that the only way FBS gets to this neck of the woods is if we build it for ourselves.
    gotta love the und guy begging us to include them. LOL #Rich

another reason to solicit the CUSA. Get rid of the dead weight of the MVFC
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?