Page 54 of 106 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    G5 could have their own playoff, they would probably take some FCS programs but it would be on their terms. There is no way they want to associate with most of the trash that is the FCS.

I still doubt a split happens, the P5 is content with giving the G5 scraps.
    This^^^^^^
    I have looked all over for any quote from a P5 commissioner at any time where they state that they are looking into or would want to split off from the NCAA. And can't find a single incident of it. However, there are plenty of stories from journalists with various networks who state their own opinion that they should do it. So if someone can show me a actual link to a quote from a conference leader that would be cool. Otherwise the whole story that they are going to split off is just a fantasy that would allow the G5 to start up a playoff. As long as the P5 runs the roost why would they want to leave a sweet deal, they have all the power and none of the negatives.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

The P5 has taken about all it wants, there might be several schools left that it may or may not want. I think you would see a completely seperate playoff entirely, that has nothing to do with the NCAA. The NCAA isn't really needed when you have a core of schools that aren't defacto D2 or D3 programs like the FCS has in regards to several conferences. Best to leave that trash out of the picture entirely.

You would basically have a handful of Big Sky, MVFC and CAA schools left that the G5 would want anything to do with.
    Why would the G5 want anything to do with the FCS schools, even the ones you list? What's in it for them? I can think of plenty of reasons why they'd exclude all the FCS schools they could, similar to how they do now.

Too many mouths to feed
    Exclusivity makes them feel better, keeps administrators paid and boosters smiling
    Keeping schools FCS means you can still get the ridiculously cheap pay games
    Top FCS schools are better than mediocre FBS teams, gotta keep them an arm's distance away
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

The P5 has taken about all it wants, there might be several schools left that it may or may not want. I think you would see a completely seperate playoff entirely, that has nothing to do with the NCAA. The NCAA isn't really needed when you have a core of schools that aren't defacto D2 or D3 programs like the FCS has in regards to several conferences. Best to leave that trash out of the picture entirely.

You would basically have a handful of Big Sky, MVFC and CAA schools left that the G5 would want anything to do with. The G5 is doing just as much hoovering if not more than the P5 is doing. JMU was losing $600k in the playoffs as it was, do you think they want to go back to the NCAA's shitty way of doing things because a D3 in DI program like Dayton wants a seat that table? Zero chance of that, really we shouldn't be putting up with it either.
    Everybody is going to get to 16 eventually. The SEC has already set the bar.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    This^^^^^^
    I have looked all over for any quote from a P5 commissioner at any time where they state that they are looking into or would want to split off from the NCAA. And can't find a single incident of it. However, there are plenty of stories from journalists with various networks who state their own opinion that they should do it. So if someone can show me a actual link to a quote from a conference leader that would be cool. Otherwise the whole story that they are going to split off is just a fantasy that would allow the G5 to start up a playoff. As long as the P5 runs the roost why would they want to leave a sweet deal, they have all the power and none of the negatives.
    100% correct. P5 is the host and G5 is the parasite. P5 brings the money and G5 keeps the P5 from getting sued for anti-trust.

Lawyers don't write articles, that's why you hardly ever see it written about.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    What steps have you discussed or offered up in the last 4-5 years? I don’t remember anything of substance from you. A preference for a B10 invite is the only thing you’ve offered as a suggestion. I’ve asked you point blank and you say you don’t have a plan, so why read these threads if they bother you so much? Is this life or death? Nope, but given the fact that this is a message board for the NDSU Bison football program, it seems like this is an appropriate topic to be discussed and one that whether you like it or not has become one of the biggest talking points for fans and I don’t think it’s going away until we are in FBS or the administration comes out and says definitively that we are staying FCS.
    Again---My B10 comment wasnt a suggestion. (Of which btw has been discussed before) It was a preference. For some reason you arent able to see the difference.

I dont enjoy having to repeat my self and Im certainly not going to do so just for your edification. I will simply at this juncture allow you to be wrong.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Everybody is going to get to 16 eventually. The SEC has already set the bar.
    Where did the 16 number come from that everyone talks about? All I remember is that there was the theory that four conferences were going to go to 16 each for 64 teams. Other than the mathematical satisfaction of 4, 16, and 64 I've never heard a good argument as to why it makes sense.

I'm honestly curious, I'm not trying to be sarcastic/facetious.
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Why would the G5 want anything to do with the FCS schools, even the ones you list? What's in it for them? I can think of plenty of reasons why they'd exclude all the FCS schools they could, similar to how they do now.

Too many mouths to feed
    Exclusivity makes them feel better, keeps administrators paid and boosters smiling
    Keeping schools FCS means you can still get the ridiculously cheap pay games
    Top FCS schools are better than mediocre FBS teams, gotta keep them an arm's distance away
    This is why I said it would be on their terms, any additions would be additions that they find of value. I still think a split is very unlikely, like I said they are content with giving the G5 scraps and will not make waves by completely cutting them off.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I dont enjoy having to repeat my self and Im certainly not going to do so just for your edification. I will simply at this juncture allow you to be wrong.
    You repeating nonsense doesn't make me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    You repeating nonsense doesn't make me wrong.
    No it doesnt. But you being wrong does make you wrong. One more point for some reason that has missed your grasp. My preference was in response to CAS and his preference of the B12. Also a preference but not a suggestion. Hopefully someday you will learn the difference. Next
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

You need to prove yourself before another bigger conference would take a serious look at you. You do that by bitch slapping an easy conference, much like Marshall did in the MAC. I think they won the MAC pretty regularly right out of the gate. We know the level of competition isn't much higher but the perception is the FCS Playoffs is easy. It's not

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com