Page 52 of 106 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    ^^^ Truth ^^^
    Kinda how I feel. Only worry is future roadblocks put in place by a possible less football friendly President.

When NDSU went DI, I didn't think that JMU and Jacksonville State were rivals. Even now, they seem more like teams that NDSU has to beat to get a championship. I expected the Montana schools and Delaware to be our rivals because, really, those are our peers in the FCS.

In fact, there was a thread for this: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...-s-Guide-to-DI

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    There is no way in hell NDSU should join the dumpster fire which is Conference USA!! Are you kidding me?! Don’t take home the ugly fat chick at the bar just because it’s 2 am and you want to fuck.
    Same could be said for the old Mid Con. We can do the same thing with CUSA, by taking it and making it our own. Creating a Great Plains FBS conference that runs between the Ozarks and Rocky's east to west and from Texas to the North Dakota south to North is our future. Hopefully we can pull the Montana's and and SDSU in eventually. It's more travel but way better basketball with FBS football.

NDSU
    SDSU
    Montana
    Montana State
    New Mexico State
    UTEP

Missouri State
    Illinois State
    SHSU
    La Tech
    Jax State
    FIU

I would go home, wait for a a different day, and then take home the hot girl! Don’t let the rush of others moving up make us panic into joining any league just to move up. Do what is right. Look at the teams in that conference for next year. Trash!! I thought you were on the mountain west bandwagon? The mountain west is the only conference NDSU would, and should join. Right now, they are arent expanding. But that could change literally at any time. If the Big 12 comes after Boise or San Diego St, they will want new members. NDSU would be #1 on that list. Be patient. It will come.
    haha good comeback
    but WE'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE 2013!

and of course my #1 Target is Mountain West. but they are Afraid of NDSU & think they are "above" taking a fcs team. so that's a bad combination to overcome
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    ^^^ Truth ^^^
    hate to break it to you but if/when the MWC calls, NDSU will NOT be the first choice. Too many other options that are ACTUALLY FBS. If we're waiting for them we might as well settle in for a LONG FCS ride.

As has been stated 1,000 times, NDSU has to be invited to a conference. No president or AD can make a conference offer an invite. Conference usa likely does not even want NDSU for the obvious reason, location. They are already spread far east to west. No way they want to expand this far north.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    When NDSU went DI, I didn't think that JMU and Jacksonville State were rivals. Even now, they seem more like teams that NDSU has to beat to get a championship. I expected the Montana schools and Delaware to be our rivals because, really, those are our peers in the FCS.

In fact, there was a thread for this: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...-s-Guide-to-DI
    I thought Montana, but those rapey bastards haven't gotten their shit together in over a decade.

I would go home, wait for a a different day, and then take home the hot girl! Don’t let the rush of others moving up make us panic into joining any league just to move up. Do what is right. Look at the teams in that conference for next year. Trash!! I thought you were on the mountain west bandwagon? The mountain west is the only conference NDSU would, and should join. Right now, they are arent expanding. But that could change literally at any time. If the Big 12 comes after Boise or San Diego St, they will want new members. NDSU would be #1 on that list. Be patient. It will come.
    Scarlett johnansen is coming to marry us, sorry guys.

NDSU isnt #1 on MWC list, although I wish it was. Theyre not going to take an FCS school with bad geography.

But they WOULD take an FBS school with Bad geography. Hell, UTEP and NMSU were the names being promulgated as replacements for Boise, not NDSU. They are WAAAAAAY worse than NDSU in every measurable way, except for 1 important letter.....fBs.

Theyre willing to compromise on basically everything if theyre FBS.... Theyre willing to "miss out" on just about everything if your FCS with bad geography.

The only way we could be considered the #1 candidate to replace boise and/or San Diego state, is to actually be FBS by the time the decision needs to be made from the MWC
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    He must have made a lasting impression.
    Failed to fire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

I just don't get the faith people have in this scenario. The MWC just went through almost losing Boise, CSU, and Air Force. In anticipation of possibly losing those schools, other schools were considered. Lots of leaks coming out of schools and MWC about who might be looked at. No interest in NDSU when they were going to lose CSU and AF. What makes you think there will be interest in NDSU in 3 years IF and when they lose BSU and SDSU? Heck, if they are willing to bring up FCS teams, UC Davis might be really good and they're brought up. Or maybe the Montanas. Most people think they'll take UTEP and possibly NMSU or Texas State. Maybe Tulsa . They're pretty clear that they don't want to go to the Dakotas. They have had chances to signal interest in our direction already, and they refuse to. Maybe we are more attractive if we are already FBS and have success at that level. But just treading water waiting for the MWC to call, when the call hasn't come already and probably won't ever come, is a commitment to remaining in FCS while the college playoffs expand, payouts expand, and FBS membership gets locked down. Bad idea folks. But whatever. Like others, I'm getting tired of making the same arguments.

Some of you on the FCS side have got to be trolling the FBS crowd just for kicks to rile us up. It has to be trolling, because you're making such patently ridiculous arguments about standing fast and being patient for FBS, when we should have made a move years ago. Sure let's wait another decade. Then when we're finally ready to move, oops... looks like there's another NCAA moratorium on moving up. So we have to wait another 4-5 years after that. Then we finally move up. Oh...but we have a transition period where we are ineligible for post-season. Currently 2 years. Maybe longer at that point. By the time we play in decent FBS bowls, many of us will be dead--like, literally. The remaining NDSU football fanbase will be a narrow, niche crowd with no relevance to the broader college football world. And everyone will look back and say, we should have moved up 20 years ago.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.