Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    Well considering the range of teams in the CUSA varies from 23 to 49 million and assuming NDSU would aim towards the top with a current funding of 27M is about 15-30 million to aim near the top.

Maybe the numbers I used weren't wrong afterall.

Dewey
    Well considering those teams currently listed under CUSA aren’t going to be in CUSA by the time we get there they probably don’t apply anymore right?

La Tech
    FIU
    NMSU
    SHSU
    JSU

All listed near or well below our current budget. UConn, which would be a football only member, is at $75M which doesn’t really apply because all their money goes to basketball.

All other schools jumping up have budgets well below ours. JMU’s bloated budget has nothing to do with operating expenses and is from debt service to their stadium. Our budget is better than Appy’s and Georgia Southerns were when they jumped originally as well. The increased cost fallacy has been debunked a dozen times on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    Absolutely! Get excited to play UTEP, NMSU, FIU and LaTech? Hell no. Could just as well retire the National Champship banner as new numbers would NEVER be added.

If I want to go to the Bahamas I would just go on vacation.

Just because this is potentially our last chance (it won't be) then why should we chase the ugliest girl at the bar?

I think when the P5 breaks away the G5 and the top tier FCS schools will form their own 2nd level of football. That is where we should be.

Freaking C-USA garbage conference.

Dewey
    You wouldn't get excited about a home and home with Air Force, Wyoming, Appalachian State or any G5 school. Would actually get games at Big 10 and Big 12 teams again. A road trip to UTEP at the Sun Bowl every other year would be awesome. How about the Conference Championship game in Fargo on CBS Sports Network and the winner makes a Bowl Game. How about annual conference games vs 2 teams we've played in the National Champship?

If Coastal Carolina can hit #11 in the polls, no reason we can't. Heck last year they were ranked 9 and played a prime time Sat Night Bowl game on ESPN in Orlando with 2.62 million viewer

Ugliest girl in the room?

You're sporting wood over Colgate, Wofford College, Indiana State, St Thomas, Drake, San Diego, Nicholls, Western Illinois and Robert Morris and Furman

Ugliest girl? You got a fetish for morbidly obese women

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You wouldn't get excited about a home and home with Air Force, Wyoming, Appalachian State or any G5 school. Would actually get games at Big 10 and Big 12 teams again. A road trip to UTEP at the Sun Bowl every other year would be awesome. How about the Conference Championship game in Fargo on CBS Sports Network and the winner makes a Bowl Game. How about annual conference games vs 2 teams we've played in the National Champship?

If Coastal Carolina can hit #11 in the polls, no reason we can't. Heck last year they were ranked 9 and played a prime time Sat Night Bowl game on ESPN in Orlando with 2.62 million viewer

Ugliest girl in the room?

You're sporting wood over Colgate, Wofford College, Indiana State, St Thomas, Drake, San Diego, Nicholls, Western Illinois and Robert Morris and Furman

Ugliest girl? You got a fetish for morbidly obese women
    YEA HERBOT. bringing the Lumber!!

there are so many more positives today. I'm still mad this wasn't happening in 2013., but alas here we are.

The hot chick's (big 12, MWC) are being stuck up wh0res at Bar close just standing there, going home to a boring rich husband.

CUSA is that girl that's dancing , fun, she'll put out a little extra for you that night ...and you hang there with her and have fun a few years THAN make the leap

ps. remember how these pud fcs teams just up & quit last year? most don't even fund their football teams that well
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    P5 isn't breaking away. That isn't happening any time soon and it's already been acknowledged.

This is good though.

As I have said in the past, nothing will make North Dakotans happier than battling it out with UND, USD, and SDSU for the best team in FCS every single year.
    Except that it will never happen because all the Dakotas will always be on the same side of the bracket, if not in the same quadrant.

Seems like a really nice guy, but I wonder how Dewey felt about leaving D2?

This thread is an excellent example of what we’re up against. One fan (Dewey) wants NCC 2.0, while another (Endzone) won’t take anything less than the MWC. Pretty sure DB’s with Dewey, but a tough spot for ML for sure.

I’d ask the biggest donors what they want, but CUSA commish is most likely going to stick with regionalization and elevate local undeserving FCS teams, since that was her main point through all of this.

Who in the heck spawned that whole P5 split thing? Was that GT? Never get that genie back in the bottle now.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Whos ready for the CUSA?

Liberty New Mexico State Jacksonville State & Sam Houston State

NDSU FIU UTEP LA TECH

who you rather go to BROWN GRASS 38 degree Frisco for next 10 years or Hawaii Bowl or Bahamas Bowl??

*Bahamas Bowl*vs. MAC
    –*Hawaii Bowl*(in 2020, 2022, 2024 NOT 2021)
    –*New Mexico Bowl*vs. Mountain West
    –*Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl*vs. BYU*(2021 & 2025)
    –*R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl*vs. Sun Belt
    Any bowl played before Christmas is junk. Independence Bowl the day after Christmas. Lol...good luck with that. This is a fast track to trash the reputation of the fan base. Part of the big draw to Frisco was it could be planned out months in advance.

It's clear NDSU will be stuck in a trash FBS conference at this rate, unless something drastic changes. This is a dangerous time for the football program: stuck in the FCS where everyone is getting cleared out, or off to a garbage FBS conference. Neither is enticing to me personally and I'm thinking a lot of fans are in the same mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Except that it will never happen because all the Dakotas will always be on the same side of the bracket, if not in the same quadrant.

Seems like a really nice guy, but I wonder how Dewey felt about leaving D2?

This thread is an excellent example of what we’re up against. One fan (Dewey) wants NCC 2.0, while another (Endzone) won’t take anything less than the MWC. Pretty sure DB’s with Dewey, but a tough spot for ML for sure.

I’d ask the biggest donors what they want, but CUSA commish is most likely going to stick with regionalization and elevate local undeserving FCS teams, since that was her main point through all of this.

Who in the heck spawned that whole P5 split thing? Was that GT? Never get that genie back in the bottle now.
    The “wait until the P5 split” argument was so fundamentally flawed from the get go that now that 90% of people have realized it’ll never happen it’s that much more of a facepalm when people bring it up.

Regardless of whether or not it actually happens, we should be doing what’s best for the university. Why wait until some external event to take place to try to improve our stock? “Once the P5 split happens, the G5 will be BEGGING for an FCS school to come in and call the shots!” Flawed logic

Add in the fact it’ll never happen and the argument ends up being a dog whistle for the forever FCS crowd
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Some interesting comments from the Sam Houston forum.

http://katfans.com/katsforum/showthr...or-Sam-Houston

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Any bowl played before Christmas is junk. Independence Bowl the day after Christmas. Lol...good luck with that. This is a fast track to trash the reputation of the fan base. Part of the big draw to Frisco was it could be planned out months in advance.

It's clear NDSU will be stuck in a trash FBS conference at this rate, unless something drastic changes. This is a dangerous time for the football program: stuck in the FCS where everyone is getting cleared out, or off to a garbage FBS conference. Neither is enticing to me personally and I'm thinking a lot of fans are in the same mindset.
    It is easy for me, the FCS is a dead end while the FBS is pretty much starting over in a Great West type of situation but it appears that is what we will have to do. Do things right and perhaps we can work our way into the MWC or something better long term. We can elevate our position in the FBS, we can't fix something that is beyond repair and that is where FCS football is.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Wait while we play sdsu and und over and over again because all the other quality play-off teams just left.

Lardsin must go!

CUSA isn't the preferred conference, especially for the long term, but that doesn't mean it isn't the right choice today and for the short term. If there is anything that is certain about FBS it's that they are constantly realigning conferences, with the best teams from each G5 conference getting a sniff at the P5 conferences and then the G5's realigning to form stronger more competent conferences as well. It's entirely possible that CUSA folds, but that doesn't necessarily mean the end of times for the schools in CUSA. If anything it ensures that they will be picked up, in some capacity, but another conference. Maybe it's MWC/MAC for the Northern/Western schools or AAC/Sunbelt for the Eastern/Southern teams or maybe a P5 (for some schools) even if it is just as a FB only affiliate. Either way it puts us in a better position for the future than we are right now. Even if the level of conference competition is similar/lower.