Page 29 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I haven't read back this whole thing, has anyone cited what NDSU brings to the table for any FBS conference?
    A successful football program and a dedicated fan base both probably stronger than any other program in CUSA. Whether CUSA is desperate enough for that to outweigh travel inconvenience, we’ll see.
    Last edited by NDSU92; 11-04-2021 at 02:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

In the playoff run from 2011-219. Bison played 35 games and 13 of them were against teams that have now left FCS.
    5 of the 8 opponents in the title games have left
    the only 2 teams to beat us in a playoff game in the last 10 years have left.

If you dont see what kind of pud FB we have in store the next decade if we dont move up you are blind...

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    In the playoff run from 2011-219. Bison played 35 games and 13 of them were against teams that have now left FCS.

If you dont see what kind of pud FB we have in store the next decade if we dont move up you are blind...
    We should hold out for Big12 invite. It’s coming. The only sport that would have to improve dramatically to be competitive would be MBB.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    We should hold out for Big12 invite. It’s coming. The only sport that would have to improve dramatically to be competitive would be MBB.
    Yep, MWC is nothing more than small time pud thinking. But Im more of a Big Ten guy but we have a better chance with the B12.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

should I start up a NDSU to AAC thread?? https://csnbbs.com/thread-934250.html

probably teams that are closer to Fargo than CUSA at this point

MWC board says
    MWC will call you when Boise leaves. Wait by the phone for the call NDSU
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    How about the Mountain West keeps their current football teams and adds Montana and North Dakota State? Instead of Mountain and West Divisions, split up with North Division (Boise State, Wyoming, Colorado State, Utah State, Nevada, Montana, NDSU) and South Division (Fresno State, San Diego State, San Jose State, UNLV, Air Force, New Mexico, Hawaii). Each season play 3 non conference games, all 6 teams in your division, and 3 of the teams from the other division).
    Why leave out Montana State???? They are more poised to get an invite to the MWC than even NDSU……..They really are the flagship in MT and their program is getting decent attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    should I start up a NDSU to AAC thread?? https://csnbbs.com/thread-934250.html

probably teams that are closer to Fargo than CUSA at this point

MWC board says
    MWC will call you when Boise leaves. Wait by the phone for the call NDSU
    If we get into the CUSA and make something of ourselves...regularly ranked, some decent bowls, maybe a NY6 bowl, then I'm not interested in going to the MWC at that point. I'll be fine with CUSA. I say go with the girl that brought ya. Sure, I'd love a MWC invite right now. But I'm going to have some affection for whichever conference invites us first. Besides, the MWC is increasingly a west coast (rather than mountain) conference. I hate the state of California, and I'm a native of it. I'll be alright if we never join that league. If we get into FBS elsewhere, I'd rather show up the MWC than be part of it.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    If we get into the CUSA and make something of ourselves...regularly ranked, some decent bowls, maybe a NY6 bowl, then I'm not interested in going to the MWC at that point. I'll be fine with CUSA. I saw go with the girl that brought ya. Sure, I'd love a MWC invite right now. But I'm going to have some affection for whichever conference invites us first. Besides, the MWC is increasingly a west coast (rather than mountain) conference. I hate the state of California, and I'm a native of it. I'll be alright if we never join that league.
    yea lets face facts with the Mountain West:

Colorado State got their shit handed to them by US and SDSU, they wont invite us
    Wyoming Bohl won't invite us because he knows we are a better program
    Boise State doesn't want anyone with a "novelty" sharing the limelight.
    UNLV and the other shit teams know that NDSU is better than them.
    Fresno/San Jose/Hawaii/San Diego don't want to fly to Fargo

so F em.

CUSA/AAC into BIG 12 in 10 years works for me!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    If we get into the CUSA and make something of ourselves...regularly ranked, some decent bowls, maybe a NY6 bowl, then I'm not interested in going to the MWC at that point. I'll be fine with CUSA. I say go with the girl that brought ya. Sure, I'd love a MWC invite right now. But I'm going to have some affection for whichever conference invites us first. Besides, the MWC is increasingly a west coast (rather than mountain) conference. I hate the state of California, and I'm a native of it. I'll be alright if we never join that league. If we get into FBS elsewhere, I'd rather show up the MWC than be part of it.
    I just want what’s best long term for the university. That probably means we need to find a conference where we are an all sports member, and at least in the intermediate term that’s either MAC or MW. Long term the goal to shoot for absolutely should be Big 12. Talking 20/30 years. For those currently laughing, look at any point in the 90’s and see if you thought we’d be 8/9 straight FCS champs and even talking about an invite from the MW. If we grow our next 20 years like our last 20, that’s the conference we would be in and we would be very competitive.

Worst case scenario we don’t get into big 12, we’d still have a university they we have really invested in and should be very very successful at G5 level.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post

I think people like myself who are skeptical about the FBS move (just to yell out loud we're FBS) realize the FCS is dust or "pud." The problem being the CUSA as it is rumored to be coming together doesn't exactly move the meter out of "pud level" besides more road games at big schools and a long shot at something called the New Mexico Bowl.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't at this rate.