Page 12 of 106 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    2006 Boise St finished as the only undefeated team in the FBS. They knocked off Oklahoma 42-41 in overtime, and were ranked at #5-6 at the very end. For 5 years they only had 2 losses and were never ranked higher than 4th. So basically after going at least 60-2 during that time they would not have gotten any invite to a college football playoff based on the current system. And their #4 ranking came only after they won their bowl game meaning they were out of the loop going into that game anyway. That is an incredible run for any team in the FBS, and after 5 years of them kicking pretty much everyone's ass they still were looked at by the P5 schools and the powers that be as inferior. How many years in a row will NDSU have to go undefeated in the CUSA to get an invite to play for a FBS national championship???
    This ignores the reality that Boise wouldnt trade those seasons or that specific game for 19/20 FCS national titles. They could lose their next 100 games and they still wouldnt regret going FBS
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    This ignores the reality that Boise wouldnt trade those seasons or that specific game for 19/20 FCS national titles. They could lose their next 100 games and they still wouldnt regret going FBS
    This ^ ^ ^

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Recruiting would be much better in the CUSA and you'd snatch all the local FBS level kids and any 2-3 star kid that couldn't get into Wisc/Minn/Iowa , You'd mop up vs the MAC recruits in wisconsin/iowa and you'd steal 4-5 top guys for sdsu, uni, usd for sure.
    hell like i said in the other thread, we can use the PUD dakota teams as our minor leagues & transfer portal 2-3 a year if we want.
    We'd have a helluva team with 22 more full rides!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Southland is now down to 5
    McNeese and Incarnate Word are going to the WAC. Apparently CUSA wasn't interested in McNeese

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Listening to Keith Brake right now. Can't stand how they talk around the elephant in the room. It is like he's been ordered not to mention NDSU when talking about all the realignment. Whether we are in the mix or not, it is radio malpractice not to talk about how NDSU is a potential option for CUSA.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Listening to Keith Brake right now. Can't stand how they talk around the elephant in the room. It is like he's been ordered not to mention NDSU when talking about all the realignment. Whether we are in the mix or not, it is radio malpractice not to talk about how NDSU is a potential option for CUSA.
    No he talks about NDSU going to the CUSA all the time and things we deserve an offer

Have not heard him say that. Just heard him say that the calculation for JSU and SHSU is worth making the move and that for NDSU, it may not be worth it. Not untrue, but certainly not a rousing endorsement for moving up. '

And btw, his mention of NDSU right there was the first time he mentioned the Bison and was 20 minutes into his opening monologue about realignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Have not heard him say that. Just heard him say that the calculation for JSU and SHSU is worth making the move and that for NDSU, it may not be worth it. Not untrue, but certainly not a rousing endorsement for moving up.
    He's been saying it for months. Not today though

"Sources tell CBS Sports that Conference USA commissioner Judy MacLeod has received calls from up to 30 prospective members to fill that eighth spot."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...g-realignment/

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    He's been saying it for months. Not today though
    I guess I'll have to take your word for it. I don't catch him live very often, but I go back and listen to the podcasts a lot. I don't recall him ever saying anything about CUSA other than that they are too far away. He was big on the momentary MWC hope, but that's all ever I detected.