Page 61 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    With JMU moving to the Sunbelt, NDSU now has gone from 3 possible quality games a year to 2, and that's assuming NDSU meets SDSU in the playoffs. If not, us fans get arguably1 quality football game a season. If we moved to the Sunbelt, we still get 1 quality football game a year against JMU, and the possibility of playing P5 teams in out of conference scheduling grows exponentially.

But hey, we're all about D2 championships here in North Dakota.
    Yeah, even worse due to dipshits running the MVFC we don't play UNI again till like 2025 or something
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Watching the MN vs. IL game. The ESPN commentators were talking about Wake Forest vs. UNC. They noted that both teams are ACC teams, but their current matchup counts as a non-conference game. Both teams had trouble filling out their schedule, so they got permission from the league to play each other but not have it count for conference standings. The ESPN guys says something along the lines of "Well that makes sense. They like playing each other and its better than playing an FCS team." ESPN announcers cannot conceal their lack of respect for FCS.
    Of course they are saying that because it's better for ESPN.

Y'all have been crapping on NDSU leadership in this thread. Far be it from me to stop you, but I must point out, your guy DB is sitting on a very important committee right now. Might he know things, things coming, things in the works, that we don't.

The committee, co-chaired by Southeastern Conference Commissioner Greg Sankey and Ohio Athletics Director Julie Cromer, will consider what it means to be a Division I member and how the division should be organized, what is the best process for making decisions, and how to better meet the needs of and set expectations for Division I student-athletes.
    https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...mmittee-roster

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/com...BoD_Report.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Looks like nobody has changed anyone’s minds. Seems like the internet might be a waste of time.
    This cuts a little too close to the bone

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Y'all have been crapping on NDSU leadership in this thread. Far be it from me to stop you, but I must point out, your guy DB is sitting on a very important committee right now. Might he know things, things coming, things in the works, that we don't.

Oh for cripes sake. There you go dragging a bunch of damn data and evidentiary type of stuff into the discussion. Don’t you know that’s not how this place works?????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Oh for cripes sake. There you go dragging a bunch of damn data and evidentiary type of stuff into the discussion. Don’t you know that’s not how this place works?????

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post

Keith Brake was talking about this on his show yesterday. I only caught pieces of it. The official split off of the P5 is probably right around the corner. Only a matter of time before there is a playoff at the G5 level IMO. We need to do everything we can to make sure we end up in that second group. That's why I think we need to make a move sooner then later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Keith Brake was talking about this on his show yesterday. I only caught pieces of it. The official split off of the P5 is probably right around the corner. Only a matter of time before there is a playoff at the G5 level IMO. We need to do everything we can to make sure we end up in that second group. That's why I think we need to make a move sooner then later.
    Agree with you on the bolded part, but disagree about the P5 split thing. They'll take most of the G5 with them. They need someone to make the crappy P5 teams look OK and they want to keep bowl games. They also need punching bags. That's my prediction anyway. I guess we'll see.

The only way the G5 separates is if they have a consensus to do so, and I see money getting in the way there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The assumption of many is that if/when the P5 splits the G5 would have their own playoff. That might be true but at that point in time, why would the G5 be looking to add schools past what they already have? That is another reason why it should be G5 or bust right now. If you really believe that the G5 playoff is coming it would be pretty bad to still be FCS when that happens. There is NO WAY that the G5 would be looking to expand once that happens. What little money they get for the playoff and conference TV deals isn't going to feed the schools much. Why would they want to spread the money even further?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Agree with you on the bolded part, but disagree about the P5 split thing. They'll take most of the G5 with them. They need someone to make the crappy P5 teams look OK and they want to keep bowl games. They also need punching bags. That's my prediction anyway. I guess we'll see.

The only way the G5 separates is if they have a consensus to do so, and I see money getting in the way there.
    There are currently 65 schools in P5. They are going to get to 5 conferences of 18 schools which makes 2 divisions per conference of 9 (easy to schedule) and they can all have championship games.

I think 4 or 5 are going already, they only need 10 more.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯