Page 93 of 106 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by Till View Post
    Because they want to pay us $1M as a FBS OOC game instead of $500K as a FCS OOC game, obviously... Subscribe to the podcast now for more Chapo FBS Galaxy Brain insights.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the clarification. I can see it so clearly now.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Montana and Montana State is the package deal should the MWC need members is my observation. And it appears both are configuring for it.

Geography is not a friend to the northern plains.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Montana and Montana State is the package deal should the MWC need members is my observation. And it appears both are configuring for it.

Yea, too bad we aren't centrally located like Hawaii.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Yea, too bad we aren't centrally located like Hawaii.
    You mean the University that pays over $1.2 million annually in subsidies to visiting teams?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post

Looking at recent attendance numbers, it does seem they would be attractive compared to most others
    http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/footba...dance/2019.pdf

But I still don't get how SHSU can go FBS with less than 5,000 attendance. If they can do it, so can SDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Looking at recent attendance numbers, it does seem they would be attractive compared to most others
    http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/footba...dance/2019.pdf

But I still don't get how SHSU can go FBS with less than 5,000 attendance. If they can do it, so can SDSU.
    Who says they actually can? Reading between the lines, it looks like CUSA expansion is on hold until the new NCAA rules are up. Makes sense.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ly-divide-fbs/

This Dodd article is more click baiting than anything else, IMO. Might happen in 20 years, but the part I do agree with is the notion of FBS raising its own bar. Why split new playoff $$ when the bottom feeders of FBS don’t really bring anything to the table? P5 + G2, for example.

If I understand the draft document correctly, FBS will have the freedom to govern itself, while still falling under the banner of the NCAA. If I’m reading that right, seems they should be able to revise and enforce fundamental requirements, so I’m not yet convinced that CUSA will survive as an FBS conference.

Yeah, I know I condemned this thread, but it's the only place on the board where it's being discussed, and I find it interesting.

Can’t let this thread die and lose our momentum! Where’s our invite ?????!!!!!

Just say No to CUSA! If we had an Admin that tried to sell NDSU to the Mountain West for football only we would be halfway there. But DB and ML do nothing.

basketball program would be better
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    basketball program would be better
    CUSA sucks worse the MAC Chapo! Get your shit together!