Page 79 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    For what it’s worth, Sagarin has all three directional Michigan schools as ~20 point favorites over western Ill and indy state.

No one is going to confuse the MAC with great football but it’s certainly not worse than the valley and if anything is usually slightly better.
    Sagarin’s take on this question (FWIW). Suggests that EMU and WMU would be FCS playoff teams

61 NDSU
    69 SDSU
    83 JMU
    84 Georgia
    85 Indiana
    86 Ball State
    87 Central Michigan
    88 Western Michigan
    89 Northwestern
    90 Sam Houston
    91 Wyoming
    92 Tulsa
    93 Miami-Ohio
    94 Northern Illinois
    95 Eastern Washington
    96 Colorado
    97 Colorado State
    98 Missouri State
    99 Georgia State
    100 Eastern Michigan
    101 Northern Iowa
    102 Southern Illinois

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I just scooped up.front row tickets for face value.for usd game. the last 10 years these would be $150/tickets all day long & 20th row would be $75-$100.

Apathy is here and it's not a good look, I don't know how many people I've seen say. IM OUT in the last year.

NDSU needs to do something FAST. and CUSA is the only option to do this fast. then in 2-3 years you approach the MWC
    Coming by the trailer for a mint julep then?
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I would've given you mine for nothing meathead. But the CUSA for 3-5 years won't get me back either. Wonderful thing: there's other things to do on fall Saturdays.
    I'll gladly take your front row tickets for nothing!
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Sagarin’s take on this question (FWIW). Suggests that EMU and WMU would be FCS playoff teams

61 NDSU
    69 SDSU
    83 JMU
    84 Georgia
    85 Indiana
    86 Ball State
    87 Central Michigan
    88 Western Michigan
    89 Northwestern
    90 Sam Houston
    91 Wyoming
    92 Tulsa
    93 Miami-Ohio
    94 Northern Illinois
    95 Eastern Washington
    96 Colorado
    97 Colorado State
    98 Missouri State
    99 Georgia State
    100 Eastern Michigan
    101 Northern Iowa
    102 Southern Illinois
    And Western Michigan is currently in last place in the MAC West, Eastern Michigan is I think third. MAC West is better than MAC East, but these are hardly the best teams in the conference
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Take out NDSU, and put them in the MAC, and the ratings arent even close
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Strong post filled with common sense and sound reasoning
    Welcome!

This site is best enjoyed with your head up your ass (at least that's what I'm told, I have my head up my ass and can't tell for sure).
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    To answer/respond to both you and Greenfield—>pretty comparable.

And to Kev re: field—>wtf is that and what were they thinking?! And that’s rhetorical. The sad thing is that someone did think about it and made the final decision. I don’t assume any so-called “experts” in any field know WTF they are doing. Just mind boggling.
    uhhh no. literally every FBS program would be favored by multiple touchdowns over well over half of FCS teams, Indiana state and western included, as long as your name is UConn and UMass. If you exclude Uconn/Umass, every FBS program would be favored by vegas to beat literally every single FCS team not currently in the top 15 or even top 10 by multiple touchdowns.

Even terrible terrible terrible G5 schools are better than legitimately 90% of the FCS and its not even close. If this were not the case, FCS would win G5 FBS games at a much better clip than about 6%
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Bison View Post
    The caliber of football NDSU played diminished by staying D2 too long. That is a fact. History repeats itself, but it doesn't have to.
    This is so true. But this time, we are even better at FCS than we were at D2. If you think about it, we've won more Natty's than our 80's D2 teams won and that was next level impressive.

Our facilities are so much better than they were back in the D2 days that it's even more laughable. Imagine if we had a $50 million dollar IPF when Bob Babich was around? Heck, the Bison coaching offices used to be in the old Bison Sports Arena

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    uhhh no. literally every FBS program would be favored by multiple touchdowns over well over half of FCS teams, Indiana state and western included, as long as your name is UConn and UMass. If you exclude Uconn/Umass, every FBS program would be favored by vegas to beat literally every single FCS team not currently in the top 15 or even top 10 by multiple touchdowns.

Even terrible terrible terrible G5 schools are better than legitimately 90% of the FCS and its not even close. If this were not the case, FCS would win G5 FBS games at a much better clip than about 6%
    I have several friends who have officiated in the MVFC and MAC. They notice a general difference in the quality of players in the MAC especially RBs and WRs. Top teams in the MVFC can definitely compete in the MAC so this is more of a general statement. The best NDSU teams would definitely be strong in the MAC especially for 1 or 2 games. It's not a huge gap but probably bigger at the bottom of the conference.

Atmosphere in the MVFC is generally better though especially on these midweek games.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk