Page 67 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    "Dotz Pretzel stadium" has a mouth watering ring to it

From My experience with Donors, theyve already made up their mind to donate or not before you call them. You'll find out in about 10 seconds whether or not theyre ready to write a check.

Call her and ask for cash. Dont wimp out and ask for too little. Although I know Matt Larsen will. Doesnt want to have to do anything to you know... actually EARN his paycheck. Doods never picked up a F*cking phone in his life, why would he start now?

ML has a the phrase "Set your expectations low and you'll never be disappointed" tattood on his chest. He and 56 got it together after talking about the future of NDSU football over a beer at HErd n Horns.

Since then, ML has gotten another one reading "LET the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game. At least that way you will still keep collecting your paycheck instead of actually doing something ambitious that might now work perfectly right away. I mean just think about it, why would I do SOMETHING, when doing NOTHING means that I get to keep getting paid massive stacks of cash, while folks like 56 will run cover for me no matter how bad I am at this job?"

When the student newspaper asked for a comment, ML had this to say "I mean, its a really wordy tattoo but I guess when you have a phrase that so perfectly embodies your worldview as well as your personal and professional philosophy, you just gotta lock it up in ink, ya know?!"

Sadly, I'm not surprised
    Matt Larsen has raised piles of money for NDSU. Scholarship endowments doubled since he started and there's a ton of facility improvements. Only an idiot would say he's not earning his paycheck.
    Unless your only measure of success is sacrificing the rest of the department to join a conference that doesn't want us.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Matt Larsen has raised piles of money for NDSU. Scholarship endowments doubled since he started and there's a ton of facility improvements. Only an idiot would say he's not earning his paycheck.
    Unless your only measure of success is sacrificing the rest of the department to join a conference that doesn't want us.
    As usual the people barking the most know the least and dont have a clue.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Yep, that’s where she started her business.
    According to Chapo nothing ever happens and nobody worthwhile ever comes from ND west of W Fargo!
    Imperial Cass!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Who's that say more (or less) about: McNeese, the Southland, or the WAC.
    McNeese Prez is now basically saying they are all in on FBS. We have got to get Illinois State and Mo State on board with a move.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Trying to find something he has done that ANY OTHER AD WOULDNT HAVE DONE.

There is literally nothing he has done that quite honestly any singular person on BVille would not have been able to do.

We've been begging for a IPF for a decade and they made a website for it and people donated lol. ML is completely f*cking worthless as an AD.

in baseball terms, his "wins above replacement" is 0 or lower. he has done absolutely nothing unique that wasnt completely obvious, except for botch the SHAC, which was really neat for us all
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Sorry but the IPF is impressive, everything ML has done with faclities has been impressive. The real issue is president, that is the person that drives the ship on relignment. Conference decisions are not made at the AD level, they come from the top. People rip on Larson relentlessly when he really may just be doing what he is told to do. Our media should really be asking DB more questions, instead of asking ML the same questions 10 thousand times.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    As usual the people barking the most know the least and dont have a clue.
    Guys, the guy who has a matching tattoo with ML is defending ML becaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaause...... ??

Well honestly 56 has no damn clue why hes defending ML. Literally everything positive that has transpired in his "administration" was clearly already in motion when he took the job except for how bad the SHAC is. Cant secure an FBS game, cant secure more than 1 game in the spring, fumbled the SHAC arena renovation, cant get beer in the FFD, cant secure any stadium improvements in the FFD. And please dont say "well we dont own the FFD?1?!!!111?1!"... Umm we are the largest tennant of the FFD and its not even close. We have 100% of the leverage in that negotiation.

OF course I'm bitter about not getting an "invite" to FBS. I think its a pathetic reflection of our AD that we are by FAR, the most attractive program in the FCS competatively, on and off the field and we cant as much as get a sniff from a FBS conference, when conferences are playing tug of war with MCNEESE??

Choosing to allow programs who are worse in every measurable aspect surpass us IS A CHOICE, and its his choice. It is also his choice to completely batch the communication on the subject. If you are just open and honest with your donors, fans, and constituents, it forgives a MULTITUDE of sins.
    But of course, he is neither open, honest, or transparent with anyone... If you want to die on the hill of "ML is the bEsT aD eVeRrRrRrRrR1!" be my guest. I, and everyone with a functioning brain cell can see he has made precisely zero unique decisions that have put NDSU in a better place than if we had just created a computer program designed to make the easiest decisions for the Athletic programs over the last 6 years.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Guys, the guy who has a matching tattoo with ML is defending ML becaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaause...... ??

Well honestly 56 has no damn clue why hes defending ML. Literally everything positive that has transpired in his "administration" was clearly already in motion when he took the job except for how bad the SHAC is. Cant secure an FBS game, cant secure more than 1 game in the spring, fumbled the SHAC arena renovation, cant get beer in the FFD, cant secure any stadium improvements in the FFD. And please dont say "well we dont own the FFD?1?!!!111?1!"... Umm we are the largest tennant of the FFD and its not even close. We have 100% of the leverage in that negotiation.

OF course I'm bitter about not getting an "invite" to FBS. I think its a pathetic reflection of our AD that we are by FAR, the most attractive program in the FCS competatively, on and off the field and we cant as much as get a sniff from a FBS conference, when conferences are playing tug of war with MCNEESE??

Choosing to allow programs who are worse in every measurable aspect surpass us IS A CHOICE, and its his choice. It is also his choice to completely batch the communication on the subject. If you are just open and honest with your donors, fans, and constituents, it forgives a MULTITUDE of sins.
    But of course, he is neither open, honest, or transparent with anyone... If you want to die on the hill of "ML is the bEsT aD eVeRrRrRrRrR1!" be my guest. I, and everyone with a functioning brain cell can see he has made precisely zero unique decisions that have put NDSU in a better place than if we had just created a computer program designed to make the easiest decisions for the Athletic programs over the last 6 years.
    You and Lakes make a good pair. Shove your dick in everyone's face and expect them to say "thank you".

I'm sure you'd be calling up Dot and saying "Hey bitch, send me 80 mill right fucking now!".
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Sorry but the IPF is impressive, everything ML has done with faclities has been impressive. The real issue is president, that is the person that drives the ship on relignment. Conference decisions are not made at the AD level, they come from the top. People rip on Larson relentlessly when he really may just be doing what he is told to do. Our media should really be asking DB more questions, instead of asking ML the same questions 10 thousand times.
    The IPF is impressive. Did I miss something where he had anything to do with this? The IPF was a foregone conclusion long before he was in office. Same with facility upgrades. if a Golden Retriever was AD, these facilities were going to get done exactly as they are now- except for maybe a Dog would have warned us how bad the the SHAC was going to be.

Outside of hiring Jory Collins, I'm asking for anyone to show me a decision he has made that was not literally "the easiest, most obvious choice available".

I agree on the DB line of questioning as well
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    You and Lakes make a good pair. Shove your dick in everyone's face and expect them to say "thank you".

I'm sure you'd be calling up Dot and saying "Hey bitch, send me 80 mill right fucking now!".
    Yes, If I literally get paid to fundraise for NDSU, I would call Dot lol. The fact that this is shocking to you is the type of thinking that has NDSU left behind. I solicit donations to my Alma Mater, my church and other causes all the time. I just was saying "i would call her" and "usually you know within 10 seconds if theyre going to donate or not"

If that makes me like lakes, then he sounds like a completely reasonable person to me!

Also noticed that you chose to insult me instead of addressing even one of the points I made. Cant say I'm surprised. You and 56 make a good pair, shove your dicks in everyones face and expect them to say thank you (whatever the hell that means). I made about 20 points on the post, but instead of actually refuting any of them, you just said I was dumb lol
    3. It's time to go FBS