Page 62 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Keith Brake was talking about this on his show yesterday. I only caught pieces of it. The official split off of the P5 is probably right around the corner. Only a matter of time before there is a playoff at the G5 level IMO. We need to do everything we can to make sure we end up in that second group. That's why I think we need to make a move sooner then later.
    Aint happening. I wish it was though!

I agree with your final statement. It is much more likely that they just expand the CFP to 12 and offer a singular seat at the table for G5 teams. Which makes the regular season a defacto playoff for G5 teams and the champion gets to play in the CFP
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

it is laughable that NDSU can't get an invite because none of these G5's want NDSU TOP DOG day 1. That's what it's about now, the rest is all noise/strawman
    arguments

we should be fundraising & get 4 BIG Fargo/North Dakota companies to invest $50 million each over 25 years and BUILD A 50,000 Semi Enclosed stadium RIGHT SMACK in middle of campus (South of SHAC where current practice field it)

Then say Big 12. we want in.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Agree with you on the bolded part, but disagree about the P5 split thing. They'll take most of the G5 with them. They need someone to make the crappy P5 teams look OK and they want to keep bowl games. They also need punching bags. That's my prediction anyway. I guess we'll see.

The only way the G5 separates is if they have a consensus to do so, and I see money getting in the way there.
    The P5 will be the ones to seperate. They are going to add the best G5 programs until they have 5 full 16 team conferences, then they will play 8-9 conference games and 2-3 non-conference among the other P5's along with their conference championships and CFP which will probably be expanded to 8 to include all P5 champs plus 3 at larges. They'll keep their own bowl games and implement them into the CFP system and keep all of the money for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    The assumption of many is that if/when the P5 splits the G5 would have their own playoff. That might be true but at that point in time, why would the G5 be looking to add schools past what they already have? That is another reason why it should be G5 or bust right now. If you really believe that the G5 playoff is coming it would be pretty bad to still be FCS when that happens. There is NO WAY that the G5 would be looking to expand once that happens. What little money they get for the playoff and conference TV deals isn't going to feed the schools much. Why would they want to spread the money even further?
    Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Aint happening. I wish it was though!

I agree with your final statement. It is much more likely that they just expand the CFP to 12 and offer a singular seat at the table for G5 teams. Which makes the regular season a defacto playoff for G5 teams and the champion gets to play in the CFP
    The G5 will become the top tier of NCAA FB with it's own playoff system similar to FCS once the P5 does their own thing. So you'll eventually have:

P5(call it the premier league or something) - top 80 college football programs - semi-pro basically governing themselves
    G5 - basically the top tier of NCAA governed FB
    FCS- next tier basically what it is the third division of D1 or the defacto D3

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The P5 will be the ones to seperate. They are going to add the best G5 programs until they have 5 full 16 team conferences, then they will play 8-9 conference games and 2-3 non-conference among the other P5's along with their conference championships and CFP which will probably be expanded to 8 to include all P5 champs plus 3 at larges. They'll keep their own bowl games and implement them into the CFP system and keep all of the money for themselves.

The G5 will become the top tier of NCAA FB with it's own playoff system similar to FCS once the P5 does their own thing. So you'll eventually have:

P5(call it the premier league or something) - top 80 college football programs - semi-pro basically governing themselves
    G5 - basically the top tier of NCAA governed FB
    FCS- next tier basically what it is the third division of D1 or the defacto D3
    Is there anyone more reputable than message board gossip that's saying this? I've been hearing this since 2005. Not trying to be an ass, just don't have time to search.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The word today is that WKU and MTSU are staying. It's time to grab Missouri State and Illinois State and make the all sports move. I am 100% in with this line up. The Jacks won't move right away with us but they will eventually see the light making the conference even better. This is a significantly better basketball conference then the Summit as well. It also gives us better access to Florida and Texas recruits. It is pretty much the perfect scenario and is significantly better then Great West conference from the last move up. Please don't blow this ML.

West

NDSU
    Missouri State
    NMSU
    UTEP
    SHSU
    Illinois State

East

Liberty
    Jax State
    WKU
    MTSU
    La Tech
    FIU
    Last edited by AKBison; 11-09-2021 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    The word today is that WKU and MTSU are staying. It's time to grab Missouri State and Illinois State and make the all sports move. I am 100% in with this line up. The Jacks won't move right away with us but they will eventually see the light making the conference even better. This is a significantly better basketball conference then the Summit as well. It also gives us better access to Florida and Texas recruits. It is pretty much the perfect scenario and is significantly better then Great West conference from the last move up. Please don't blow this ML.

West

NDSU
    Missouri State
    NMSU
    UTEP
    SHSU
    La Tech

East

Liberty
    Jax State
    WKU
    MTSU
    Illinois State
    FIU
    Swap La Tech and the Redbirds.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Is there anyone more reputable than message board gossip that's saying this? I've been hearing this since 2005. Not trying to be an ass, just don't have time to search.
    See page 2 from this link: https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/com...BoD_Report.pdf

It's basically what's being extrapolated from the wording here. They are in the process of transforming D1 athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post

West

NDSU
    Missouri State
    NMSU
    UTEP
    SHSU
    La Tech

East

Liberty
    Jax State
    WKU
    MTSU
    Illinois State
    FIU
    I recall a nearby to NDSU school jumping into an all sports conference where the nearest rival was nominally 750 miles away. How'd that turn out again? I do believe predictions made here about that adventure (i.e. doomed by travel expenses) came true.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    I recall a nearby to NDSU school jumping into an all sports conference where the nearest rival was nominally 750 miles away. How'd that turn out again? I do believe predictions made here about that adventure (i.e. doomed by travel expenses) came true.
    Not to mention having ISUr and MSU jump from a geographically tight conference with regional rivalries into that monstrosity because "muh FBS"
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    The assumption of many is that if/when the P5 splits the G5 would have their own playoff. That might be true but at that point in time, why would the G5 be looking to add schools past what they already have? That is another reason why it should be G5 or bust right now. If you really believe that the G5 playoff is coming it would be pretty bad to still be FCS when that happens. There is NO WAY that the G5 would be looking to expand once that happens. What little money they get for the playoff and conference TV deals isn't going to feed the schools much. Why would they want to spread the money even further?
    I'm no longer in the group that thinks that P5 will split off, I think NIL keeps them in NCAA. HOWEVER, IF THEY DID (Big IF), the G5 schools would look for brand names to bolster their league while also cutting the dead weight of their bottom feeders. They would structure themselves in such a way that would maximize profitability while also minimizing expense. Therefore it is conceivable that the I29 schools of ND/SD would/could be considered along with other regional schools like UNI and possibly St Thomas, SIU, Ill St and Mo State being brought along as well.... possibly as their own conference