Page 56 of 106 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    No no no ProfBum.... if we just WAIT THIS OUT, the Big 10 will definitely be calling us soon. Its only a matter of time if we go now, we could maybe go Cusa, and someday go MWC in 5 years or so

BUT...

If we wait 25 years, we can go MWC, if we wait 40 years, we can get Big 12, 50 years B1G, 75 years SEC... But if we wait one BILLION YEARS we're going to get invited to the NFC north.

I mean, I'm all in for moving up, but only under the right circumstances
    How about ANY FUCKING CONFERENCE offering an invite. CUSA got broke ass Jacksonville State, that's how desperate they were and they didn't even LOOK our way.

This is all jerking off into the mirror until anything like that happens.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    CUSA got broke ass Jacksonville State, that's how desperate they were and they didn't even LOOK our way.
    Sammy ain't exactly "making it rain" with cash either.

C-USA wanted all-sport members. That right there says they're looking for things in footprint (to save minor sport travel costs).

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    How about ANY FUCKING CONFERENCE offering an invite. CUSA got broke ass Jacksonville State, that's how desperate they were and they didn't even LOOK our way.

This is all jerking off into the mirror until anything like that happens.
    How about the guy pictured your avatar, or his AD, go ask CUSA for one?
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    How about the guy pictured your avatar, or his AD, go ask CUSA for one?
    I'm 99% convinced that Dean knew he was done for 5 years and couldn't be bothered by any of this and the Stony Brook AD doesn't want to upset the coattail ride.

which in turn breeds more bison fatigue.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I'm 99% convinced that Dean knew he was done for 5 years and couldn't be bothered by any of this and the Stony Brook AD doesn't want to upset the coattail ride.

Any REAL data/evidence to support that supposition? Without it, it is just noise. I'll hang up and take your answer off-air.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

They have gotten fat and happy riding the wave of success that Chapman and GT started, I think they all thought this was much further down the road.

To GT's credit he talked about this being a potential scenario before he left.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    They have gotten fat and happy riding the wave of success that Chapman and GT started, ...
    NDSU has done a great job of not being complacent on the field, maybe not so great in the "front office" you're saying?

Chris Vannini
    @ChrisVannini
    On Sam Houston’s press conference, president Alisa White says the WAC’s hopes to become an FBS conference may not happen because of a coming solidification of FBS with NCAA governance changes, so Sam Houston had to make this C-USA move now.
    https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/sta...17399470841856
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    hate to break it to you but if/when the MWC calls, NDSU will NOT be the first choice. Too many other options that are ACTUALLY FBS. If we're waiting for them we might as well settle in for a LONG FCS ride.
    NDSU would be considered but are probably #5 on the list; UTEP, NMSU,Montana, Montana St, UC Davis may be higher up on the list. NDSU needs to built its own FBS coalition if they want to move to FBS

Vannini: "On Sam Houston’s press conference, president Alisa White says the WAC’s hopes to become an FBS conference may not happen because of a coming solidification of FBS with NCAA governance changes, so Sam Houston had to make this C-USA move now."

Reportedly, a lot of SHSU fans think the jump is a bad idea. But some FCS presidents have enough vision and aspiration for their school's athletic program that they can read the landscape and find a way to make the jump, rather than be locked out in the coming "solidification of FBS with NCAA governance changes."
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.