Page 51 of 106 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Sure, but some people like talking about it and not being in upper midwest there's not many folks around me that are passionate enough to talk about it for more than 15 seconds. There has been some pretty major stuff going on so it's top of mind. Not many are going to like hearing this but no matter what happens, the realignment stuff going on will long term have much more affect on NDSU than the outcome of the game tomorrow.

Got my piece out yesterday and probably won't be back until there's another major development.
    Exactly! The product on the field at NDSU has remained top notch. We are still a very good team and a very good program. The fan engagement and excitement has declined and without that being sustained it is going to be very difficult for the on the field product to stay at the level it has been. How that is handled has much more impact on the future of the program than if we win tomorrow at SDSU. That's why this topic is being talked about ad-nauseum.

Many of the teams that have been contenders in FCS in years past have gone one of two ways. Either they move up to FBS (Georgia Southern, App State, Marshall-now add JMU, SHSU to that list) or they stay FCS and are unable to maintain their consistent success (Youngstown, Delaware, Furman). The Montana schools have had ups and downs on the field but have done a good job of keeping fan engagement high throughout. If we stay FCS will we be able to find ways to do the same. Given the indicators over the last 4-5 years it is not looking that way. What changes are going to be made to keep that fan engagement high?

I can acknowledge that there are reasons to go FBS and reasons to stay FCS. However, staying FCS and also doing nothing else to combat the decline in fan engagement seems like a recipe to end up like Youngstown, Delaware, etc. rather than the Montana schools.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    My grandmother points out El Chapo!... and she's like 95.
    He must have made a lasting impression.

I'm glad there are people urging an FBS move now like there were urging an FCS move back then. I only wish we had similar leaders at NDSU with the foresight of Chapman and Taylor like back then. There was no conference home for NDSU when they decided to go FCS either but they could see the steps to get there and courage to execute the plan. Anyone who thinks NDSU will just be handed an invite to one of the few top FBS conferences is either blind, dumb or ignorant. Not one prominent FCS move up has been offered a sweetheart deal straight from FCS, they've had to take their lumps along the way. Boise St started in the Big West. People on here ridiculed Georgia Southern and App St for going to the Sunbelt and now it's one of the better G5 conferences. A move to CUSA or any other FBS should be looked at as a stepping stone to bigger and better things in the long term with some possible short term struggles along the way. If you are at all interested in seeing NDSU in an upper midwest FBS conference similar to the MAC or MWC or hell even a B12 someday you should be supporting an FBS move right now. It'll only become harder to make any move once the conferences get stabilized and another CFP/media contract is in place in 2025. Our window is open but for how long.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'm glad there are people urging an FBS move now like there were urging an FCS move back then. I only wish we had similar leaders at NDSU with the foresight of Chapman and Taylor like back then. There was no conference home for NDSU when they decided to go FCS either but they could see the steps to get there and courage to execute the plan. Anyone who thinks NDSU will just be handed an invite to one of the few top FBS conferences is either blind, dumb or ignorant. Not one prominent FCS move up has been offered a sweetheart deal straight from FCS, they've had to take their lumps along the way. Boise St started in the Big West. People on here ridiculed Georgia Southern and App St for going to the Sunbelt and now it's one of the better G5 conferences. A move to CUSA or any other FBS should be looked at as a stepping stone to bigger and better things in the long term with some possible short term struggles along the way. If you are at all interested in seeing NDSU in an upper midwest FBS conference similar to the MAC or MWC or hell even a B12 someday you should be supporting an FBS move right now. It'll only become harder to make any move once the conferences get stabilized and another CFP/media contract is in place in 2025. Our window is open but for how long.......
    this. lameduck prez w stony brook ad is a bad combo for this.''

Here's a novel idea. if NDSU joined the CUSA maybe their universities and fanbases will see how kick ass and passionate NDSU's is and will bring out their BEST and They'll improve their images too!!

NDSU will be the RISING tide that will lift all boats
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    I think the biggest thing that will bring people around to leaving FCS is our two biggest national rivals plus JSU have now left.. We have maybe EWU as an out of Conference national rival? maybe the Montana teams? All the rest either suck or we have zero history with them in big games.. We are in store for some really boring football.. can anyone even remember the last time you left a Bison game and thought "oh my god I cant believe we won that game!!!" 10 years at least... FBS would be an adventure.. every win a new milestone.. winning a FBS conference title is our new big goal.. get ranked nationally- make the top 15 etc.. Then see what happens down the road... We have done all we can in FCS.. if we won the next 10 titles and went 148-2 the next decade it would mean nothing against PUD teams...
    I have had that feeling a couple times this year. ISUR playoff game a couple years ago... SDSU 2 years ago...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

There is no way in hell NDSU should join the dumpster fire which is Conference USA!! Are you kidding me?! Don’t take home the ugly fat chick at the bar just because it’s 2 am and you want to fuck.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    There is no way in hell NDSU should join the dumpster fire which is Conference USA!! Are you kidding me?! Don’t take home the ugly fat chick at the bar just because it’s 2 am and you want to fuck.
    what you gonna do Bison03? do what you do on your nights out? go jerk off in the car?

the musical chair music is playing.... you gotta grab a seat before 2025 else you are LOCKED THE F OUT!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

MAC presidents meeting today:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/KyleRowla...96154943033351

Presidents don't meet except to rubberstamp set agreements. MTSU and EKU to the MAC seems done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    what you gonna do Bison03? do what you do on your nights out? go jerk off in the car?

the musical chair music is playing.... you gotta grab a seat before 2025 else you are LOCKED THE F OUT!!!
    I would go home, wait for a a different day, and then take home the hot girl! Don’t let the rush of others moving up make us panic into joining any league just to move up. Do what is right. Look at the teams in that conference for next year. Trash!! I thought you were on the mountain west bandwagon? The mountain west is the only conference NDSU would, and should join. Right now, they are arent expanding. But that could change literally at any time. If the Big 12 comes after Boise or San Diego St, they will want new members. NDSU would be #1 on that list. Be patient. It will come.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I would go home, wait for a a different day, and then take home the hot girl! Don’t let the rush of others moving up make us panic into joining any league just to move up. Do what is right. Look at the teams in that conference for next year. Trash!! I thought you were on the mountain west bandwagon? The mountain west is the only conference NDSU would, and should join. Right now, they are arent expanding. But that could change literally at any time. If the Big 12 comes after Boise or San Diego St, they will want new members. NDSU would be #1 on that list. Be patient. It will come.
    ^^^ Truth ^^^