Page 41 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Desperation ...
    It's not desperation. It's reality. It took a consortium (Great West) to kick things off last time. More than likely it'll take a short-term consortium again to gain the FBS toe-hold.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Has anybody checked with Roads to make sure he has the travel budget to swing a conference USA move?
    Obviously, I would need a gofundme campaign.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Obviously, I would need a gofundme campaign.
    ... and Venmo. Don't forget that.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    this is different from today how?
    It's not.....................and I don't feel it will be with a bottom feeder CUSA after the smoke clears. I this rate IDGAF either way. Neither likely to bring me back.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Nothing wrong with adding 3 playoff games. But in my mind nothing will ever be the same as the mid run hey day...whether it's the junk FCS that remains or the junk CUSA sloppy seconds. So...it's a real pickle in my eyes as I've reference above, F'd if you do F'd if you don't. The "gap" plan of a pit stop at CUSA doesn't pass the smell test for me if you want an "average fans" opinion (season ticket holder for almost 20 years).

I think it's fair to say that all of us are fearing that the best days of NDSU football (from a fan interest standpoint) might be behind us. Personally I'm not in favor of staying in FCS and resigning ourselves to that fate. There are absolutely risks in moving to FBS and especially to a conference that isn't ideal. However, I feel that in order for the fan interest to stay strong or continue to grow they need to be shown an opportunity for better days ahead. Hope is what every sports fan is buying. Staying in FCS removes the hope for any fan who has engaged with the program during this remarkable run. I truly do believe that everyone here is discussing/debating/arguing from a position of what is best for NDSU now and in the future. Some are giving the risks of moving to FBS more weight and some are giving the rewards more weight. There are merits to both sides. Personally, I hope that the NDSU Ath. Dept. does everything in their power to continue to move the program to FBS, even if that means taking some risks to do it. I personally will be less of a fan of the program if they stand pat and don't take some risks to make it happen. Most success in life comes from taking some risks and betting on yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I think it's fair to say that all of us are fearing that the best days of NDSU football (from a fan interest standpoint) might be behind us. Personally I'm not in favor of staying in FCS and resigning ourselves to that fate. There are absolutely risks in moving to FBS and especially to a conference that isn't ideal. However, I feel that in order for the fan interest to stay strong or continue to grow they need to be shown an opportunity for better days ahead. Hope is what every sports fan is buying. Staying in FCS removes the hope for any fan who has engaged with the program during this remarkable run. I truly do believe that everyone here is discussing/debating/arguing from a position of what is best for NDSU now and in the future. Some are giving the risks of moving to FBS more weight and some are giving the rewards more weight. There are merits to both sides. Personally, I hope that the NDSU Ath. Dept. does everything in their power to continue to move the program to FBS, even if that means taking some risks to do it. I personally will be less of a fan of the program if they stand pat and don't take some risks to make it happen. Most success in life comes from taking some risks and betting on yourself.
    Perfectly stated. I'm skeptical the "average" fan like myself will stay engaged in a subpar FBS. But what the hell...they're screwed now. Gotta do it and the proof will be in the numbers I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Perfectly stated. I'm skeptical the "average" fan like myself will stay engaged in a subpar FBS. But what the hell...they're screwed now. Gotta do it and the proof will be in the numbers I guess.
    I'd settle for a subpar FBS conference if only because there is a good shot at frequent "shots in the arm" games. Wouldn't it be fun to go to a game in the Horseshoe? Notre Dame Stadium? The Big House? P5 games become more common. High quality G5 games become a possibility. And so on and so forth.

Just getting the feeling that FCS has worn out its welcome in Fargo.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'd settle for a subpar FBS conference if only because there is a good shot at frequent "shots in the arm" games. Wouldn't it be fun to go to a game in the Horseshoe? Notre Dame Stadium? The Big House? P5 games become more common. High quality G5 games become a possibility. And so on and so forth.

Fun. Sure. Realistically gonna get on those schedules? Meh. But that’s what we’re shooting for. Once I a Lifetime games every so often. Like I said Go for it….just don’t think there’s gonna be much excitement for most of the Fan base for low level FBS either. Sorry to be a Danny downer.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

This is exactly how I feel as well. The past FBS games were awesome but they have been few and far between lately. The early years of the playoffs and championships were exciting but they have become somewhat stale for many. Tailgating is still a decent draw when the weather is nice but many don't even go inside for the game. We need something to give the program some excitement again. I give the Ath. Dept. credit for trying with the Target Field game and the US Bank game. Those are creative ways to build some excitement but they were band-aids at best. There is definitely risk associated with a far-flung CUSA affiliation but at this point I would take it because it at least keeps the door open for more exciting opportunities in the future. We all care about the football aspect, but one of the greatest parts of Bison Football and college football in general is all of the opportunities to gather with friends and enjoy each others company. The decrease in excitement around the program is reducing these opportunities for many of us.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    She ain't coming this far out of footprint and asking some dude in a t-shirt and un-ironed (FCS) cargo shorts. She has those options closer to home.

When you have a geography problem, you have to be already wearing a bespoke (FBS) suit to get the look. And it might mean cutting and sewing the suit for yourself. And that might require the help of a few local friends in the near term.
    Your analogy game is strong lately
    Get your BB tickets now!!!