Page 16 of 106 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Are you sure........or is that the drugs talking?
    Oh and here is a shocker, Cincinnati is undefeated and currently ranked #6 even if they go undefeated has pretty much no way to make it to the FBS playoffs. And according to the story could actually get jumped by the teams behind them due to strength of schedule and fall further back. Good thing for NDSU that the powerhouse CUSA is an option.https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...nnati-bearcats
    60 percentish chance they get into the 4 team playoff if they win out, from fivethirtyeight.com.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    With the current format no. But if the playoff was expanded who knows.
    Sure we do, it will get in four more 10-2 P5 schools. Huge names in the world of P5 football with tons of money behind their name are going to draw much larger TV audiences and generate way more money for everyone involved than a undefeated Fresno St (or similar school ) with a strength of schedule ranked 29th or worse in the country. If they went to a 16 team field, then yes, one and probably two for sure can get in so that maybe a Cinderella story can unfold without any real impact on potential revenue loss.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    60 percentish chance they get into the 4 team playoff if they win out, from fivethirtyeight.com.
    Still not buying it, does anyone think they are going to get in over a current team that is ranked 1-4 right now even if Georgia loses one. Or if Oklahoma and Ohio St only end up with one loss? Every one of those P5 schools has a much tougher strength of schedule, and that is a big factor in the selection process.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

take your ambein... nite nite 1st and tenn
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Sure we do, it will get in four more 10-2 P5 schools. Huge names in the world of P5 football with tons of money behind their name are going to draw much larger TV audiences and generate way more money for everyone involved than a undefeated Fresno St (or similar school ) with a strength of schedule ranked 29th or worse in the country. If they went to a 16 team field, then yes, one and probably two for sure can get in so that maybe a Cinderella story can unfold without any real impact on potential revenue loss.
    In the short term maybe but the day the #2 ranked team in the nation doesn't get in the playoffs it will turn off 3/4 of the country and viewership will suffer over time. They are basically saying publicly its rigged. Rigging sports doesn't translate to good ratings

If they are going to rig it, they have to rig the polls and Cincinnati is #2.

I hope they rig it because I can't stand the Power 5 and this will harm their brand. Nothing would make me laugh more than every team in front of them lose 3 games each and then still see Cincinnati miss the playoffs

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    In the short term maybe but the day the #2 ranked team in the nation doesn't get in the playoffs it will turn off 3/4 of the country and viewership will suffer over time. They are basically saying publicly its rigged. Rigging sports doesn't translate to good ratings

If they are going to rig it, they have to rig the polls and Cincinnati is #2.

I hope they rig it because I can't stand the Power 5 and this will harm their brand. Nothing would make me laugh more than every team in front of them lose 3 games each and then still see Cincinnati miss the playoffs
    I get that it would be trouble from a public perception stand point but just because people think that they’re the second best team in the country doesn’t mean that they actually are.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

If they go to 8....I suspect they will give the G5 a team.

They will give them the 8 seed and watch them get demolished by the 1 seed, if they pull off the upset, they'll just get prisonfucked in the next game.
    College of Business Alumnus

Why is Cincinnati even rated that high? Have they beat ANYONE? Still gotta schedule somebody and still valuable to pisspound the G5 like ‘96 florida.

Part of not getting a G5 in is they may have undefeated teams- but are they dominate against conference mates that routinely get dominated by P5 OOC?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    This MAC game at 52 total points before half has me riveted to my TV ... as I wash dishes.

Edit: someone just scored a TD.

solid football...
    Sounds like a typical Big Sky game
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Why is Cincinnati even rated that high? Have they beat ANYONE? Still gotta schedule somebody and still valuable to pisspound the G5 like ‘96 florida.

Part of not getting a G5 in is they may have undefeated teams- but are they dominate against conference mates that routinely get dominated by P5 OOC?
    Sounds like SDSU this year..
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant