Page 13 of 106 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You wouldn't get excited about a home and home with Air Force, Wyoming, Appalachian State or any G5 school. Would actually get games at Big 10 and Big 12 teams again. A road trip to UTEP at the Sun Bowl every other year would be awesome. How about the Conference Championship game in Fargo on CBS Sports Network and the winner makes a Bowl Game. How about annual conference games vs 2 teams we've played in the National Champship?

If Coastal Carolina can hit #11 in the polls, no reason we can't. Heck last year they were ranked 9 and played a prime time Sat Night Bowl game on ESPN in Orlando with 2.62 million viewer

Ugliest girl in the room?

You're sporting wood over Colgate, Wofford College, Indiana State, St Thomas, Drake, San Diego, Nicholls, Western Illinois and Robert Morris and Furman

Ugliest girl? You got a fetish for morbidly obese women
    Not against moving up for the right opportunity, but going FBS wouldn't guarantee P5 games......the Big 12 and Big 10 currently schedule other FCS teams. They don't hang up the phone because we are FCS, they hang up the phone because we beat them and they'd rather be paying for wins.

Joining other FCS teams moving into C-USA would make some sense.....there is recent history/familiarity with those schools that we wouldn't have in the MAC.

However, selling road trips to El Paso and games on CBS Sports Network probably isn't going to get it done. There are plenty of G5 teams that I wouldn't give two shits about, and we currently get multiple games on one of the ESPN networks every year.

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Not against moving up for the right opportunity, but going FBS wouldn't guarantee P5 games......the Big 12 and Big 10 currently schedule other FCS teams. They don't hang up the phone because we are FCS, they hang up the phone because we beat them and they'd rather be paying for wins.

Joining other FCS teams moving into C-USA would make some sense.....there is recent history/familiarity with those schools that we wouldn't have in the MAC.

However, selling road trips to El Paso and games on CBS Sports Network probably isn't going to get it done. There are plenty of G5 teams that I wouldn't give two shits about, and we currently get multiple games on one of the ESPN networks every year.
    i think it's a lock. The worst thing you can do as an FBS team is to lose to FCS. It's a perception deal.

I looked at the next 10 years of non conference at Nebraska and here is who they scheduled... no way they consider all of these teams so much weaker than a brand new NDSU team

Buffalo, Georgia Southern (1.3 million), Northern Illinois (twice), Louisiana Tech, UTEP (twice), Akron, Louisiana-Monroe, a home and home with Tennessee, Home and home with Oklahoma, Ohio, home and home with Arizona, @ Cincinnati, and a home and home with Colorado.

They also got SDSU and UND

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post

True, I argue that a G5 NDSU gets those games P5 MUCH more easily with reasonable payday because of possible ranking, and potential opponents not having FCS games barely count as a win for strength of schedule in bowl/championship selection. As well as much better home game ooc options. If you were an AD would you want to schedule an FCS game 5 years out and potentially find out your conference won’t allow it or championship selection decides game won’t count year before the scheduled game? I wouldn’t touch them either. Along with decent chance for a good game/loss.

Not watching junk G5? nobody watches Kansas football either. Good teams get attention, and *higher the level*, higher the perceived credibility by fans/selectors.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    This ignores the reality that Boise wouldnt trade those seasons or that specific game for 19/20 FCS national titles. They could lose their next 100 games and they still wouldnt regret going FBS
    The school itself or its fans? I would bet that the fans would become scarce if they put together 5 or 6 2-3 win seasons in a row. And my point about Boise isn't that they didn't have a great run and that it was a waste. I think what they did was great. My point is, that going 11-0 and being in the CUSA is not going to get NDSU any real significant bowl offers. Mid level at best. And any top level bowl offers would only come if they had 3-4 seasons with only 1 loss, maybe 2.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Listening to Keith Brake right now. Can't stand how they talk around the elephant in the room. It is like he's been ordered not to mention NDSU when talking about all the realignment. Whether we are in the mix or not, it is radio malpractice not to talk about how NDSU is a potential option for CUSA.
    Shows how often you listen to the station.

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    ... yet.

I'm thinking top two issues are: head FB coach and the silly "15k seats" rule. Both are solvable before 2025.
    Hell, un_ can't even come up with a winning season this year.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Listening to Keith Brake right now. Can't stand how they talk around the elephant in the room. It is like he's been ordered not to mention NDSU when talking about all the realignment. Whether we are in the mix or not, it is radio malpractice not to talk about how NDSU is a potential option for CUSA.
    Not only do you have to be tuned into the station, but you have to turn up the volume past 1 then you can hear it just fine

The realignment going on right now, it's not giving a sniff or a thought to anyone north of the Mason-Dixon line.

It's build ourselves or FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    True, I argue that a G5 NDSU gets those games P5 MUCH more easily with reasonable payday because of possible ranking, and potential opponents not having FCS games barely count as a win for strength of schedule in bowl/championship selection. As well as much better home game ooc options. If you were an AD would you want to schedule an FCS game 5 years out and potentially find out your conference won’t allow it or championship selection decides game won’t count year before the scheduled game? I wouldn’t touch them either. Along with decent chance for a good game/loss.

Not watching junk G5? nobody watches Kansas football either. Good teams get attention, and *higher the level*, higher the perceived credibility by fans/selectors.
    Barely counting FCS wins? They count exactly the same as a G5 win for bowl eligibility, +1 in the win column.....and I've never heard anyone bring up an FCS game during the conversation about CFP resumes. They'd probably get penalized for a loss to FBS NDSU less than they would for a loss to FCS NDSU, but a win would count the same. And that was my point; they don't hang up the phone because of the division we play in, they hang up because they'd rather pay for a win than risk a loss.

I replied to a statement that implied we should get excited about a home and home with any G5 school......and I wouldn't get excited about a home and home with probably half the G5.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    The school itself or its fans? I would bet that the fans would become scarce if they put together 5 or 6 2-3 win seasons in a row. And my point about Boise isn't that they didn't have a great run and that it was a waste. I think what they did was great. My point is, that going 11-0 and being in the CUSA is not going to get NDSU any real significant bowl offers. Mid level at best. And any top level bowl offers would only come if they had 3-4 seasons with only 1 loss, maybe 2.
    Wrong. if there is 8 team playoff there will be 1 top G5 rep in there.

plus

2021[7]:

Guaranteed Bowl Bid

The Bahamas Bowl versus MAC
    The New Orleans Bowl versus Sun Belt
    The Independence Bowl versus BYU
    C-USA will get 4 or 5 additional bowl bids from these 12 bowls (decision made in conjunction with ESPN, who owns these bowls):

The Frisco Bowl
    The New Mexico Bowl
    The Gasparilla Bowl
    The First Responder Bowl
    The Boca Raton Bowl
    The Armed Forces Bowl
    The Birmingham Bowl
    The Camellia Bowl
    The Cure Bowl
    The Fenway Bowl
    The Myrtle Beach Bowl
    The LendingTree Bowl