Page 11 of 106 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I bet if we were to move to this conference we would miss on some of the scholarship kids that we have gotten over the years and I don't think we would gain a whole lot just by being FBS in this conference.
    I think this is a fair point.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I think this is a fair point.
    It’s certainly a fair question. Is it based on more than a hunch?

Default NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    NDSU needs a pathway to FBS.

Not MWC, not Big XII, not the MAC, and surely no eastern team with vastly more options, is coming out to the northern plains for one team.

If there is to be FBS it has to be built by those in the northern plains.

After it's built, that group may again part paths. Que sera sera.
    Un_ couldn’t understand how we did it without them last time either.

If they actually start getting on board working together and thinking this is a good idea... I change my mind on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    If we’re going to redirect a bunch of COVID money someplace I’d much rather blow it on a move up with UND than giving it away to fossil fuel interests.

Lets get in on the special session gravy train.
    You assume UND would spend it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I bet if we were to move to this conference we would miss on some of the scholarship kids that we have gotten over the years and I don't think we would gain a whole lot just by being FBS in this conference.
    How did we feel about recruiting the last time when the conference was SDSU, Northern Colorado, Cal Poly, UC Davis and Southern Utah?

At least the concern this time around doesn’t seem to be opportunities for local kids.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    You assume UND would spend it.
    I assume we’d get zero if they weren’t involved.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You wouldn't get excited about a home and home with Air Force, Wyoming, Appalachian State or any G5 school. Would actually get games at Big 10 and Big 12 teams again. A road trip to UTEP at the Sun Bowl every other year would be awesome. How about the Conference Championship game in Fargo on CBS Sports Network and the winner makes a Bowl Game. How about annual conference games vs 2 teams we've played in the National Champship?

If Coastal Carolina can hit #11 in the polls, no reason we can't. Heck last year they were ranked 9 and played a prime time Sat Night Bowl game on ESPN in Orlando with 2.62 million viewer

Ugliest girl in the room?

You're sporting wood over Colgate, Wofford College, Indiana State, St Thomas, Drake, San Diego, Nicholls, Western Illinois and Robert Morris and Furman

Ugliest girl? You got a fetish for morbidly obese women
    2006 Boise St finished as the only undefeated team in the FBS. They knocked off Oklahoma 42-41 in overtime, and were ranked at #5-6 at the very end. For 5 years they only had 2 losses and were never ranked higher than 4th. So basically after going at least 60-2 during that time they would not have gotten any invite to a college football playoff based on the current system. And their #4 ranking came only after they won their bowl game meaning they were out of the loop going into that game anyway. That is an incredible run for any team in the FBS, and after 5 years of them kicking pretty much everyone's ass they still were looked at by the P5 schools and the powers that be as inferior. How many years in a row will NDSU have to go undefeated in the CUSA to get an invite to play for a FBS national championship???
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    2006 Boise St finished as the only undefeated team in the FBS. They knocked off Oklahoma 42-41 in overtime, and were ranked at #5-6 at the very end. For 5 years they only had 2 losses and were never ranked higher than 4th. So basically after going at least 60-2 during that time they would not have gotten any invite to a college football playoff based on the current system. And their #4 ranking came only after they won their bowl game meaning they were out of the loop going into that game anyway. That is an incredible run for any team in the FBS, and after 5 years of them kicking pretty much everyone's ass they still were looked at by the P5 schools and the powers that be as inferior. How many years in a row will NDSU have to go undefeated in the CUSA to get an invite to play for a FBS national championship???
    I always thought that the idea was that we play in the second tier of college football, and the only question was how to define which tier that actually was and how to get/stay there.

Of all the reasons I've heard against going FBS, "recruiting would be worse" is the by far the most insane.

The amount of stupidity required to believe FCS recruits are better than FBS recruits is breathtaking
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I always thought that the idea was that we play in the second tier of college football, and the only question was how to define which tier that actually was and how to get/stay there.
    So is "second tier" ... FCS or G5?