Page 6 of 106 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Orygun you said this in page 1.

so Ill say it again

THIS THREAD IS FOR CUSA ONLY

Realignment Thread is for what's happening in Realignment

Better FBS Thread has been here 8 years and encapsulates it all.

feel free to ignore!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

CUSA is stupid and would be a disaster. MWC or MAC are the only logical places to go.

CUSA is a bunch of nobody cares teams playing all over the place with no media deal.
    Keep winning FCS titles on ABC or watch the Bison play FIU on Stadium? Seems like an easy choice.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    CUSA is stupid and would be a disaster. MWC or MAC are the only logical places to go.

CUSA is a bunch of nobody cares teams playing all over the place with no media deal.
    Keep winning FCS titles on ABC or watch the Bison play FIU on Stadium? Seems like an easy choice.
    Kinda where I'm at....I'm not opposed to FBS whatsoever (I've come around that it needs to happen) and it's abundantly clear the FCS' decline is only surpassed by that of Biden's approval ratings. But FIU and the likes posted on the first page? I'll go ahead and keep hunting and fishing on Saturdays....and I'm pretty certain about 50% of the fan base feels the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Kinda where I'm at....I'm not opposed to FBS whatsoever (I've come around that it needs to happen) and it's abundantly clear the FCS' decline is only surpassed by that of Biden's approval ratings. But FIU and the likes posted on the first page? I'll go ahead and keep hunting and fishing on Saturdays....and I'm pretty certain about 50% of the fan base feels the same way.
    Sounds like you're doing that now. So with a move, we've lost nothing.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Sounds like you're doing that now. So with a move, we've lost nothing.
    I on board with moving to CUSA, hell, do it for all sports. It's the first step to a MWC move. Got to take the first step.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    I on board with moving to CUSA, hell, do it for all sports. It's the first step to a MWC move. Got to take the first step.
    I'm on board for football only. The Summit is a good fit IMO. Now the Mountain West I would be on board for all sports

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If we played the 8 teams in CUSA, then added 4 OOC games of . . . Iowa State, Wisconsin, Western MI, and App State . . . you guys couldn't live with that? Compare that to OOC games of . . . Valpo, EWash, Towson? Really, you want to stay in the FCS? Got to move, it would also separate us from UND, USD, and SDSU in the recruiting arena.

Move to CUSA for 2-3 years, then jump to the MW when there are openings. A CUSA championship in FB would pave that road.

CUSA might only take you as an all-sports member, so do it.

If we played the 8 teams in CUSA, then added 4 OOC games of . . . Iowa State, Wisconsin, Western MI, and App State . . . you guys couldn't live with that? Compare that to OOC games of . . . Valpo, EWash, Towson? Really, you want to stay in the FCS? Got to move.
    Not to mention CUSA is likely not the final move.....but it is to get better positioned for the next round of re-alignment......this is a tough decision.

Without one or more regional partners this would torpedo pretty much every sport at NDSU outside of football. It's not happening. The mentality that it should happen comes straight out of the playbook of the UND hockey fan.

And why would CUSA even want NDSU by itself in all sports???

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post

What is our current conference media deal paying NDSU?