Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    It is easy for me, the FCS is a dead end while the FBS is pretty much starting over in a Great West type of situation but it appears that is what we will have to do. Do things right and perhaps we can work our way into the MWC or something better long term. We can elevate our position in the FBS, we can't fix something that is beyond repair and that is where FCS football is.
    yup, anyone that thinks the FCS is magically going to get better is stuck in 2003, I noticed guys on Twitter saying with the top leaving others will step up...LOL BS, just crappy teams will look better with the average coming down to their level.

but I guess thats where some NDSU fans want us, in the FCS beating up Non-Scholly teams and teams that fund their FB like HS teams
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    yup, anyone that thinks the FCS is magically going to get better is stuck in 2003, I noticed guys on Twitter saying with the top leaving others will step up...LOL BS, just crappy teams will look better with the average coming down to their level.

but I guess thats where some NDSU fans want us, in the FCS beating up Non-Scholly teams and teams that fund their FB like HS teams
    Just look at the SoCon, it is a shell of what it once was. No SoCon team has been close to a title since GSU and App left. SLC and OVC both heading in that direction, with the CAA not far behind. Not sure how the FCS works on a national level when it is basically now in complete obscuirty in two of the biggest football hotbeds, the southeast and Texas.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Guys, I Just got the text that my FOIA request for MAtt larsens email was approved! A few weeks back Matt emailed this out to the rest of the Athletic department labelled "URGENT: STRATEGY TO IMPROVE NDSU'S STANDING IN NATIONAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL" and the only thing included was this picture??? guys what do you think he means by this?

this is fine.jpg
    Wow how lucky we are to have an AD that is playing 4D chess here. Hes from college sports power house STONY BROOK so you know this moment isnt to big for him.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

CalBison97 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Anywhere but FCS. This is getting embarrassing.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

The very real danger is if and when the P5 break away, if you are not in the G5, you will not get in their new playoff format.....this is a very tricky time for NDSU if they want to remain in "the second highest tier" of football. Frankly, G5 is the original IAA.......that's what folks are not following and we should have been 1AA in 1979.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I'm thinking the New Orleans Bowl. Bison and titties. That could be fun. Edit: it's not during Mardi Gras but hey
    It would be a blast. Bourbon street doesn't shut down, but it does go into a bit of a lull from Thanksgiving until about the time of the New Orleans Bowl. Bourbon street with a bunch of Bison fans would be awesome. BTW Mardi Gras in New Orleans is an experience but it actually kind of sucks. There are people EVERYWHERE. Bars that normally don't charge a cover, suddenly have $20 cover charges. There is zero tolerance for public urination, so you end up paying $20 to wait in line to pee.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nobody thinks the FCS is getting "better." There's nothing wrong with questioning being in a shitty FBS conference either. There's nothing enticing me to drive to Fargo for the teams EL CHAPO started this thread with.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Nobody thinks the FCS is getting "better." There's nothing wrong with questioning being in a shitty FBS conference either. There's nothing enticing me to drive to Fargo for the teams EL CHAPO started this thread with.
    Nobody has been able to articulate how NDSU fits into FBS besides "muh FCS".
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    Absolutely! Get excited to play UTEP, NMSU, FIU and LaTech? Hell no. Could just as well retire the National Champship banner as new numbers would NEVER be added.

If I want to go to the Bahamas I would just go on vacation.

Just because this is potentially our last chance (it won't be) then why should we chase the ugliest girl at the bar?

I think when the P5 breaks away the G5 and the top tier FCS schools will form their own 2nd level of football. That is where we should be.

Freaking C-USA garbage conference.

Dewey
    Couldn't agree more.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Please combine all these "Going to the FBS" threads into one thread and prevent new ones from being created. They plug up the thread list.

How many of us have made fun of "Garbage", "Generic Sponsor", or "Toilet" Bowls in the past? And now some people want to go and do the thing they ridiculed?! Pass. Give me Frisco and a Natty any day over a "Participation Trophy" Bowl any day.

"Congrats! You had a mediocre season with a 6-5 record. Now here is your huge check for playing a glorified exhibition game."

.....Oh that's right, its all about money.