Page 89 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

I just thought of a solution that’ll make everyone happy. It’s actually really simple, just have the NCAA enforce its own rules. An FBS school must average at least 15k attendance and an FBS conference must have at least 8 full members.
    Based on this(yes, just one year, but good enough)
    http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/footba...dance/2019.pdf
    9 teams drop with another 5 barely meeting it. Sam Houston can’t jump. Assuming all 15 are out and with the recent realignment, the MAC is down to 7, CUSA at 5, AAC at 7+1 affiliate. I think the MAC sticks together and drops to FCS as a group. Maybe a few go to the AAC. CUSA collapses and the least worst are poached. Jacksonville St is not among those and goes back to FCS rather than being an independent. AAC grabs someone and survives. Sunbelt and MWC are fine but grab what they want as insurance. Net result is around 20 teams back to the FCS, dramatically improving it. NDSU now gets to keep our conference with regional partners, true playoff postseason, costs don't dramatically rise, and quality of opponents rise. Make the requirement 18-20k attendance and it gets even better.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I just thought of a solution that’ll make everyone happy. It’s actually really simple, just have the NCAA enforce its own rules. An FBS school must average at least 15k attendance and an FBS conference must have at least 8 full members.
    Based on this(yes, just one year, but good enough)
    http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/footba...dance/2019.pdf
    9 teams drop with another 5 barely meeting it. Sam Houston can’t jump. Assuming all 15 are out and with the recent realignment, the MAC is down to 7, CUSA at 5, AAC at 7+1 affiliate. I think the MAC sticks together and drops to FCS as a group. Maybe a few go to the AAC. CUSA collapses and the least worst are poached. Jacksonville St is not among those and goes back to FCS rather than being an independent. AAC grabs someone and survives. Sunbelt and MWC are fine but grab what they want as insurance. Net result is around 20 teams back to the FCS, dramatically improving it. NDSU now gets to keep our conference with regional partners, true playoff postseason, costs don't dramatically rise, and quality of opponents rise. Make the requirement 18-20k attendance and it gets even better.
    Yeah, that would be awesome. I would be on board with FCS if that was the case, as I was until about 2015. For me it's not about the name of FBS, it's that FBS is where our peers are at. Competing with those schools is good for our brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Not sure where to put this, but there are only four 3-loss teams in the Top 20... all four are MVFC teams.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I thought you said you bought 10 tickets for twelve people for the Huntington Bank slugfest this Saturday. You going to both????
    that's gopher badgers game silly
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    that's gopher badgers game silly
    Sure, I’m well aware of who’s playing at the bank. But you said you bought tix for that game as well as the one at the Fargodome. You going to both games sport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Sure, I’m well aware of who’s playing at the bank. But you said you bought tix for that game as well as the one at the Fargodome. You going to both games sport?

Got him!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Louisville QB looks solif against something called Duke tonight.

Too bad there are only about 500 there to see it.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Louisville QB looks solif against something called Duke tonight.

Too bad there are only about 500 there to see it.
    Is it a scrimmage?

Is it a scrimmage?

Lookd more similar to a closed practice.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Lookd more similar to a closed practice.
    Not sure I could tell the diff.