Page 83 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Can certain people please stop the FCS Forever Crowd BS? You've been called out on this as a strawman by tons of people. It simply doesn't exist. Non-NDSU people read this board and you're an embarrassment to us all. If anything you're harming our chances of getting an invite.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    It may not be 20k like Frisco could be but I don't think Frisco will continue to be huge crowds either. There are enough Bison fans within an easy drive of Detroit that I would expect a similar crowd to other teams in the bowl history. Collectively I can see the interest in a better regular season schedule, more P5 opponents, and an occasional good bowl game still being more interesting than winning FCS over and over. And there is no guarantee the latter happens. The last 10 years are almost impossible to replicate. They made it look too easy and it wasn't.

If your choice is consistent bowl games or a championship appearance 2 or of every 8 years and done playoff games on the road, which do you think would have longer term interest for the program?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    You think Bison nation will travel in "Herds" to Detroit in the middle of December to watch a bowl game on a Tuesday night against Akron? Or Gabes favorite... UTEP?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Can certain people please stop the FCS Forever Crowd BS? You've been called out on this as a strawman by tons of people. It simply doesn't exist. Non-NDSU people read this board and you're an embarrassment to us all. If anything you're harming our chances of getting an invite.
    I don't know why the moniker displeases you so much. Own it. We've been in FCS for 18 years and some people are still content to remain in FCS. While 18 years isn't technically "forever", it feels like it--especially after winning 8 national championships. Some people who prefer FCS have thrown more than their share of strawmen out there to rebut the need to move up. "FCS forever" seems to fit. But if you would prefer "FCS until pigs fly" or "FCS until the Vikings win a Superbowl", I can go with that.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I don't know why the moniker displeases you so much. Own it. We've been in FCS for 17 years and some people are still content to remain in FCS. While 17 years isn't technically "forever", it feels like it--especially after winning 8 national championships. Some people who prefer FCS have thrown more than their share of strawmen out there to rebut the need to move up. "FCS forever" seems to fit. But if you would prefer "FCS until pigs fly" or "FCS until the Vikings win a Superbowl", I can go with that.
    What ever makes you feel good about your argument. But it actually detracts from it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    What ever makes you feel good about your argument. But it actually detracts from it.
    You captured my quote before I was able to make a correction. It's 18 years, not 17. My bad.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Very persuasive argument there 56. "It detracts from your argument, but I'm not going to refute the underlying reasoning for it. I'll just dismiss it because I dont like when someone calls out my bias"

Calling you #WaitUntilScarlettJohansonAsksToMarryUs or #FCSForever has absolutely no bearing on the quality of an argument. The fact is that I've said and laid out a looooooooooooooot of material and points that could easily be refuted, but the only thing you take umbrage with is me calling you "#FCS4ever" Is really indicative of the quality of your "side's" case. Which is to say.... your case is weak as hell.

Waiting to go FBS until an incredible conference invites us out of the blue is not a strategy. It is a declaration that we will be FCS forever. Again- you could refute this, but you havent, and you wont, because unless there is some shocking new evidence out there (and believe me, I wish there was), the MWC is not going to invite us because they're bored.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    OK, since we aren't supposed to accuse you guys of being FCS Forever people, you tell me what the time line is for moving up. I want to know the scenario and the time line for this mythical MWC move, or whatever other FBS move you will endorse. And don't do the Matt Larsen thing and say we'll wait and move when the time is right or the opportunity comes along. Let's see you people come up with something realistic. If you can't or don't, the FCS Forever label is probably fitting.

At least those of us that want to move up have a vision. Take what we can get, make the most of it, and do something. And I dare you to reply without using the word "strawman".

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    You think Bison nation will travel in "Herds" to Detroit in the middle of December to watch a bowl game on a Tuesday night against Akron? Or Gabes favorite... UTEP?
    The fact you are unfamiliar with the Sun Bowl is proof you are a D2 guy.

What's with all the Detroit Talk?

Conference USA Bowls

1. Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl (Fort Worth, Texas)
    2. TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl (Birmingham, Alabama)
    3. Boca Raton Bowl (Boca Raton, Florida)
    4. Camellia Bowl (Montgomery, Alabama)
    5. Cure Bowl (Orlando, Florida)
    6. Fenway Bowl (Boston, Massachusetts)
    7. SERVPRO First Responder Bowl (Dallas, Texas)
    8. Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl (Frisco, Texas)
    9. Gasparilla Bowl (Tampa, Florida)
    10. Myrtle Beach Bowl (Myrtle Beach, South Carolina)
    11. New Mexico Bowl (Albuquerque, New Mexico)

Also we could host the Conference USA Championship game

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

Conference USA Bowls

Hey, but Bot wouldn't you rather play the championship against

James Madison
    Sam Houston State
    Jacksonville State

SDSU?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

Conference USA Bowls

1. Doubt NDSU even hits 2K fans at any of those, but rest assured of those 2K that aren't parents of the players the rest are posting in this thread.

2. Why is bisonville the only place i continually see the term strawman. who started that.

3. Did NDSU get the invite yet? Did they get the chance to turn down a shitty FBS conference with the pipe dream of 2-5 years the MWC will come pounding at the door?

Oh? No invite reported? Nevermind.