Page 58 of 106 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    So FCS now is basically a regional league now? Does anyone see a champ that isnt from Washington-MT-MVFC the next 5 years? They would have 7 of the top 11 power poll spots right now with JMU and SHSU gone..
    Yeah it's going to be playing the valley schedule twice a year to get to the jv championship. Heck with that few of teams maybe sdsu will end up on the other side of the bracket but I highly doubt that. Und just got better anyway. Lol

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Does it take a formal press conference to get information out to the public?

Through a range of vehicles of communication, it became widely known that Liberty had asked for invites to conferences and couldn't get anyone to say yes. They didn't treat that information like some sort of state secret. They're like, "hey, fanbase. We want to elevate our athletics. We think we should go to the next level. We're going to try." Then when conferences said no, they say "well, no one wants us, so we'll go indy, but we'll keep trying and making the case. " That culminated today with "hey, fanbase...its official. We have a conference."

Meanwhile, Culhane again today says something to the effect of "I promise you that NDSU athletics is working on what's best for NDSU behind the scenes." Then Culhane literally says, "They won't tell you what they're doing, but I promise you they are working on a plan and have been over a year."

This is a public university. And, this athletics program is strongly supported by fan funding. This super secret shit--"we'll let you rubes know what we're doing when we're good and ready," is so disrespectful to the fanbase.

Now here is where you, if true to form, will say something like "so, you think Matt Larsen should just invite you in to all the planning sessions because Bisonville wants it." It would be a dumb retort, but you can't help it.
    Nothing super secret about not giving out information on things in the works that are not finalized. Are you butt hurt that the schools admin does not have you and a few others on speed dial to call and check if you are ok with any discussions they are having. This is standard practice even in a public university. As a matter of fact, it is even less likely that a private school would keep things hush until details were worked out. So of course a public school would be hush on it as they have the state to go through with permission for almost anything they do before they do it. Just bizarre that some folks seem to actually expect a daily briefing as if they are some cog in the wheel of the NDSU machine. If you are a business owner, do you put out daily updates to your employees about the way you want to do business? Not likely. I am sure that if the radio guys at 1660 are telling listeners something like that, then it is true, as it would be radio suicide for them to just make things up like that without actual knowledge from the school that talks are going on in some capacity.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Nothing super secret about not giving out information on things in the works that are not finalized. Are you butt hurt that the schools admin does not have you and a few others on speed dial to call and check if you are ok with any discussions they are having. This is standard practice even in a public university. As a matter of fact, it is even more likely that a private school would keep things hush until details were worked out. So of course a public school would be hush on it as they have the state to go through with permission for almost anything they do before they do it. Just bizarre that some folks seem to actually expect a daily briefing as if they are some cog in the wheel of the NDSU machine. If you are a business owner, do you put out daily updates to your employees about the way you want to do business? Not likely. I am sure that if the radio guys at 1660 are telling listeners something like that, then it is true, as it would be radio suicide for them to just make things up like that without actual knowledge from the school that talks are going on in some capacity.
    For all of your ability to write, you cannot read. I'm not asking for daily briefings. I'm not asking to be on speed dial. Your silly strawmen and hyperbole are not cute or clever. They're boring.

You may have noticed...realignment is a big story in college football news. You may have noticed, we are on page 57 of one of multiple threads about NDSU and realignment. Apparently, there is a lot of interest in this issue. You think NDSU athletics might have something to say about it? No? They can't be bothered? If they have been planning on some outcome for a year or more (I doubt it, actually), they can't share with the fans the general contours of where they'd like to go? No? Asking too much?
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Does it take a formal press conference to get information out to the public?

Through a range of vehicles of communication, it became widely known that Liberty had asked for invites to conferences and couldn't get anyone to say yes. They didn't treat that information like some sort of state secret. They're like, "hey, fanbase. We want to elevate our athletics. We think we should go to the next level. We're going to try." Then when conferences said no, they say "well, no one wants us, so we'll go indy, but we'll keep trying and making the case. " That culminated today with "hey, fanbase...its official. We have a conference."

Meanwhile, Culhane again today says something to the effect of "I promise you that NDSU athletics is working on what's best for NDSU behind the scenes." Then Culhane literally says, "They won't tell you what they're doing, but I promise you they are working on a plan and have been over a year."

This is a public university. And, this athletics program is strongly supported by fan funding. This super secret shit--"we'll let you rubes know what we're doing when we're good and ready," is so disrespectful to the fanbase.

Now here is where you, if true to form, will say something like "so, you think Matt Larsen should just invite you in to all the planning sessions because Bisonville wants it." It would be a dumb retort, but you can't help it.
    Liberty went all sports
    GSU went all sports
    App State went all sports
    JMU is going all sports
    JSU would go all sports
    SHSU would go all sports

But yes, I'm sure NDSU is such an attractive proposition that they would be granted a football only invite, something only a few schools with way higher institutional profiles got and I'm sure all it takes is one call from Matt Larsen to kick it all off.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For all of your ability to write, you cannot read. I'm not asking for daily briefings. I'm not asking to be on speed dial. Your silly strawmen and hyperbole are not cute or clever. They're boring.

You may have noticed...realignment is a big story in college football news. You may have noticed, we are on page 57 of one of multiple threads about NDSU and realignment. Apparently, there is a lot of interest in this issue. You think NDSU athletics might have something to say about it? No? They can't be bothered? If they have been planning on some outcome for a year or more (I doubt it, actually), they can't share with the fans the general contours of where they'd like to go? No? Asking too much?
    But yet you felt the need to respond.
    And yes I am fully aware of all the things in your last paragraph. And the people who are in charge of handling that stuff will let us know when news that is worthy has happened or is happening.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I know that I've always had more interest from the ladies when I've been in a relationship. Doesn't mean you even have to pursue that interest, but no one like a lonely loser.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Well at the rate things are going they can elevate the really worthless schools like Jamestown College and Trinity Bible Institute to FCS level so we have someone to schedule. That's about all that will be left if the FCS Forever crowd gets their way.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Well at the rate things are going they can elevate the really worthless schools like Jamestown College and Trinity Bible Institute to FCS level so we have someone to schedule. That's about all that will be left if the FCS Forever crowd gets their way.
    The Who gets their way? Is there a vote that I am not informed about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Obviously it’s prudent to not share all details. That being said, I think selling a vision is essential and the lack of that occurring has made the fan base grow more and more restless over the past few years. We don’t share all details of every business decision that is made with our employees but we sure as hell know that we have to sell our vision for the future if we expect them to buy in and invest their time and career towards our organization. I think the same applies here and in my opinion the leadership has not done a real good job of sharing their broader vision of what they aspire to. There have obviously been improvements in the facilities, staff salaries and other aspects of the ath. Dept. How do they all tie together?

Whats really Pathetic..

back in 2009 as NDSU was on the verge of dominating the FCS for a decade..

Incarnate word started a football team as a D2 independent compiled a 50-84 record in those 12 years and has never finished a season better than 6-5, got beat by NDSU 58-0 and yet they get more mentions of moving up to FBS than we do...

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    Whats really Pathetic..

back in 2009 as NDSU was on the verge of dominating the FCS for a decade..

Incarnate word started a football team as a D2 independent compiled a 50-84 record in those 12 years and has never finished a season better than 6-5, got beat by NDSU 58-0 and yet they get more mentions of moving up to FBS than we do...
    Regardless of the reasoning that is truly gross.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk