Page 39 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    So your only coming to 3 home games most years anyway it would seem.
    I can see the dakotas and UNI. But being attached to any of the other schools is just because we’ve played them. Guess what we’ll have history with any schools we play in our FBS conference too. Just give it a couple years lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Before moving up from D2 possible some were concerned with loosing old conference foes- but we had good ol’ UN_ to help with the transition. Didn’t even think about a UNI or ISU Red games back then.

At that time I worried NDSU wouldn’t get proper vengeance on Pitt State.

I’m not as concerned with Pitt State as I once was.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Probably is too much for a bunch of teams I don't give a rats ass about but if that's the case so be it.
    Indiana State has 2 F 150's on their 50 yard line from Terra Haute Fucking Ford and you are ripping on Western Kentucky, Liberty and Louisiana Tech?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    This is another thing that needs to stop. Just because Larson doesn't have YOUR vision doesn't mean he doesn't have one. He's proven good at fundraising and facility improvements. The last year has been hectic just keeping the lights on. The AD is responsible for all sports, not just the only one you care about.
    I agree with this. People thinking that the AD should be responding to their emails asking if NDSU is going to be moving to FBS are goofy. He doesn’t respond because he probably assumes it’s some 8 year old that got a hold of their parents email.

It does appear like he’s not doing very much, but he and everyone else in the AD has said/implied that it’s going to look that way until something happens. We won’t know until it all shakes out i guess but everyone needs to take a chill pill on the ADML bashing. Things take time and there are dozens of moving pieces. The time for passing extreme judgement is not here. It is not as simple as plugging in the PS5 and playing custom conferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    So your only coming to 3 home games most years anyway it would seem.
    Nothing wrong with adding 3 playoff games. But in my mind nothing will ever be the same as the mid run hey day...whether it's the junk FCS that remains or the junk CUSA sloppy seconds. So...it's a real pickle in my eyes as I've reference above, F'd if you do F'd if you don't. The "gap" plan of a pit stop at CUSA doesn't pass the smell test for me if you want an "average fans" opinion (season ticket holder for almost 20 years).

blah blah deflect & keep saying "oh we are keeping an eye on things"

that's all Stony Brook has done in 5 years regarding this.

what happened to "We wanna remain in the 2nd tier of college football" P5-G5-FCS-D2-D3 that's your tiers

what happened to NDSU's Motto "Bring on the Competition!"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    What NDSU doesn't have is partners. They would be doing this all alone.
    We won't know until we try, and if we have to, we go alone. My attitude on all this is, if you aren't with us, you're against us.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

that's all Stony Brook has done in 5 years regarding this.

what happened to "We wanna remain in the 2nd tier of college football" P5-G5-FCS-D2-D3 that's your tiers

Because we all know the best negotiating technique is to let others know you are desperate. ML should be calling every conference and beg them for an invite. Be transparent with the media and fan base. He could be leveraging our desperation to get a great deal. Damn this is brilliant. I’ll send him an email right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Who is supposedly in this "FCS Forever" camp?
    You and Matt Larsen

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Matt Larsen.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Saying we should stay FCS until MW invites us is saying that we should stay FCS forever. Agree to disagree but that much seems clear to most of the people here at this point.
    This is correct, and completely obvious to anyone with a single functioning brain cell

Hate to break it to you...as a long time season ticket holder. It's a no. And there are a lot of fans that feel the same way. And in no way does that mean FCS FOREVER.

"glad i could sort it out for you."
    Lol, pretending that playing FBS teams is less exciting than playing significantly worse FCS is definitely a take, but its a bad take. FBS football is better on the field than FCS football. Glad I could sort it out for you. I'll buy your season tickets

Not sure. In the current MVFC, I'd drive to any home game with UND, SDSU, USD, UNI for sure. Most years Illinois State...Southern Ill and Missouri State if they keep getting better. And any playoff games - assuming kids schedules allow.

What's going to be left of the CUSA after all the movement? Gonna be a rare trip to Fargo. I guess the annual road FBS games will be the draw.
    YUP. Well, the P5 games... and the G5 games... In fact, the only games that straight up wont be interesting would be the annual FCS games! which... comprise of 100% of our current schedule soooooo

Nothing wrong with adding 3 playoff games. But in my mind nothing will ever be the same as the mid run hey day...whether it's the junk FCS that remains or the junk CUSA sloppy seconds. So...it's a real pickle in my eyes as I've reference above, F'd if you do F'd if you don't. The "gap" plan of a pit stop at CUSA doesn't pass the smell test for me if you want an "average fans" opinion (season ticket holder for almost 20 years).
    Weird because it seems that your arguing that NDSU is ONLY "F'd if you do" and definitely not "F'd if you dont"

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

We are already in the 3rd tier of college football. Its inarguable. If we werent, then why are teams Jumping up but still arent in the the P5? I have a buddy who is a die hard Ole miss fan, Who I invited to come to a game in fargo. and he said "Yeah you guys are really good, you dominate division 3!"

I didnt correct him, because its correct. We are in the 3rd tier of college football
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

At this point I think we all need username badges so we can tell who is in what camp.

FCS Forever
    FBS or Bust
    FBS when it's right

It's comical watching the same group of people argue with each other with assertions of never, always, forever when it seems pretty obvious to me that almost no one has takena stance that strong.