Page 31 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    You honestly believe that NDSU is this really hot commodity that conference presidents are DYING to just get in the door?

CUSA is desperate and they brought in broke ass JSU before they even looked in our direction. Both them and Sammy are sitting with their asses out the window on this deal. Neither of them are ready to jump. they did the WAC and ASUN in hopes that maybe 10 years down the road they would look at it. Now CUSA is sitting there looking like me at Chubs at 12:45 in the 90's, thirsty and looking for anyone to bring home.
    No, NDSU isn't that hot of a commodity, at least to some conferences. That's why we need to go CUSA. I wish the FCS Forever crowd would stop using the excuse that we need to hold out for a better conference. Take what's available and make it work, then position ourselves to move up when the next realignment comes up.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    No, NDSU isn't that hot of a commodity, at least to some conferences. That's why we need to go CUSA. I wish the FCS Forever crowd would stop using the excuse that we need to hold out for a better conference. Take what's available and make it work, then position ourselves to move up when the next realignment comes up.
    That's the vision. Vision sounds scary to those who don't have sight
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    The wrestlers all ready went B12 bro.
    Lol yeah well so's Utah Valley, they probably have a better shot at a full B12 invite then NDSU at this point and they don't even have FB!

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    All sports to MAC and B4L and I can PUMP IT UP.
    FUUUUUUUUCK YES!

What are you doing this week? "I'm heading to Akron for a BBall game, Miami for volleyball then up the BG for the football game"

I don't think people understand that I'm not against moving to FBS, I'm just a realist.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Did you read my last sentence? What part of what you quoted makes me sound anything close to the words you just put in my mouth lol
    Which means that not even CUSA is that desperate yet.

You're all talking about this like the FCS transition. FBS is not just going to let a bunch of random teams throw together a conference like the Great West. This would be NOTHING like that.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe I'm starting to go crazy like that sioux2shitty poster from the HYB but what would it take to get WAC back to FBS FB? Could they add schools like JSU, NDSU, SDSU, maybe Missouri State, etc and suddenly declare as an FBS conference again? If they add enough we could have north/south divisions and make it work for awhile at least, would be better then the current CUSA conglomerate.

You're all talking about this like the FCS transition. FBS is not just going to let a bunch of random teams throw together a conference like the Great West. This would be NOTHING like that.
    You clearly don't understand the current situation, that's exactly what's happening only under the disguise of keeping CUSA afloat!

That's why I'm saying a northern consortium needs to approach C-USA and offer to join as a "northern division of C-USA". Why? It gets C-USA well past the eight minimum to be an FBS conference. It keeps their conference status alive for MBB money payouts. It's a buffer from one of their newly formed eight from bolting and screwing the other seven.

What's it get the north division? A conference that can invite to FBS. Once those teams are established and stability is back (say post 2025 new TV and playoff contracts) who knows what comes next.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    That's why I'm saying a northern consortium needs to approach C-USA and offer to join as a "northern division of C-USA". Why? It gets C-USA well past the eight minimum to be an FBS conference. It keeps their conference status alive for MBB money payouts. It's a buffer from one of their newly formed eight from bolting and screwing the other seven.

What's it get the north division? A conference that can invite to FBS. Once those teams are established and stability is back (say post 2025 new TV and playoff contracts) who knows what comes next.
    Great idea but no you can't come with.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post

Can't believe I'm agreeing with an undie fan but something like this needs to at least be discussed by our AD and others like SDSU, Missouri St, etc. If ML isn't doing this he needs to be fired for incompetence!