Page 27 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    If by the NCAA ignoring their rules to preserve an existing stable conference, then yes, I've already covered that. Remains to be seen if they'll allow new teams to do the same. Good chance they will, but a possibility they won't.
    Most of the MAC is using 20.9.9.3 (rolling two years) and they are getting very creative with 20.9.9.3.1, specifically the 1/3 price loopholes in 20.9.9.3.1.2. (I believe it's EMU that has their alumni association buy 1/3 price tickets to make the season average out to 15k every other year.)

Source: https://www.ncaapublications.com/pro...loads/D121.pdf

I haven't read back this whole thing, has anyone cited what NDSU brings to the table for any FBS conference?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/stat...976740357?s=20

I guess I suck at embedding tweets I need to spend more time on message boards.
    Travel to the CUSA schools not worth it. Travel to Mountain West schools much more interesting as to mix of teams and desirable locations. NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Just an FYI for the FBS crowd. I don't know if conference officials read fan boards, but other fan boards do read us. I know for a fact that threads like this are leaving a bad taste in their mouths because of the behavior of certain posters. If you want to make a good impression for a potential invite you are actively harming our chances by being assholes.
    So anyone who wants to go FBS is an asshole? OK then.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Travel to the CUSA schools not worth it. Travel to Mountain West schools much more interesting as to mix of teams and desirable locations. NOT EVEN CLOSE!
    MWC has never added an FCS school and isn't likely to change that. However, adding NDSU once it's already successfully made the transition and proved it belongs is much more likely. In addition, the MWC is also a super solid hoops league. We will need to build a new arena or properly reconfigure the SHAC along with making some noise in the NCAA's to show we belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I haven't read back this whole thing, has anyone cited what NDSU brings to the table for any FBS conference?
    Still looking.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Not sure NDSU owns one of those printers. Perhaps you can give the endowment managers some guidance on either short squeezes or crypto speculation eh reddit boy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So loan them yours boomtown.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    No, the people that want to go FBS and treat everyone else like assholes, are assholes. Read this thread and ask yourself who the assholes are.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    So are the people that want to stay FCS. We’re all assholes here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    What do these conferences bring NDSU? Look at Texas and Notre Dame for how silly it is that NDSU didn’t strike their own TV/ESPN+ deal. This is the where I am optimistic NDSU leadership heads are at.

NDSU has an actual fanbase and an extremely solid football program- with other athletics doing quite well.

The “conferences don’t want NDSU” hypotheses ignores WINNING and that if NDSU can perform on the big stage it is pretty f’n nice to have a Cincinnati/UCF/Boise State doing their thing for the rest of your conference that may not be P5 competitive. Hasnt hurt the Valley or FCS much in terms of notoriety/eyeballs/money to have a juggernaut, but it may be getting old.

And yes the current team is capable of being VERY competitive, though maybe only as strong as the 2012 team right now.

I agree that they should be selective, but optimistic C-USA sees the opportunity to go big, and pick up teams for a northern type division that is super attractive an offers the opportunity to move up. Not without risk, but the risk of staying FCS is starting to outweigh the risk of moving up.

Heck- remember the 5 year dead period with no playoffs when NDSU was studly? There will not be a seemingly perfect situation, and if there is something available with CUSA looks a heck of a lot better to me then the the prior penalty from D2 already.