Page 102 of 106 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1060

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by NodakGreg View Post
    I think this is a good assessment. Financials is what decides our future, not the conference of your choice.
    I agree MAC would be fine, better then MVFC. Plus we can beat and win that conference. Plus its up north, yet its far away so most fans won't be able to travel, but thats the choices we get. Travel is big time IF we ever were to get an invite. Ask UND how much it cost them to go into the Big Sky Conference. They ran out of money....so thats a major factor should NDSU get the knod to move up. Do we have the MONEY to make the jump beside the money from NCAA which is anything but a Non-Profit Organization...

Go Bison - Get the Natty back!
    A move to FBS must make us more money for it to work. Here is what we will get:
    Media deal: stay same , maybe lower
    Ticket sales: same, no new stadium
    Student fees: we can start milking the student like the rest of the schools
    P5 game: payouts will be high than when we are in FCS

These need to outweigh the higher costs. We need to make a run too so we can possibly keep the program building otherwise we will stall out again.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Nonsense

NDSU is better positioned. Nobody’s looking at the Montana schools. The only FCS school mentioned by anyone associated with the MWC was NDSU

Montana schools aren’t ready and aren’t interested
    Montana schools would indeed be considered for the MWC if they needed new schools. They are just as ready for FBS as the recent CUSA invites!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Looks like you guys will, no?

Bison can't get B1G games. Too good at FB
    Contrary to popular opinion I’m just a closeted butt hockey fan…… just a big fan of my metro man Brad!

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Overall, there is not a lot of difference, competition wise, among the gang of 5..Top teams emerge every year, but most schools are middle of the pack..But I would humbly state that none of the G5's are a step down from FCS conferences..
    The MAC schools really haven’t scheduled us since we dismantled their conference champ in 2007 in thorough beat down (central Michigan with antonio brown and JJwatt). We beat teams from that conference in 06 and 07 while we were transitioning to fcs. Most of us, maybe thanks to Boise and the other points already made, just like the MWC better.
    Last edited by Snowgoose; 12-06-2021 at 01:36 AM.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Montana schools would indeed be considered for the MWC if they needed new schools. They are just as ready for FBS as the recent CUSA invites!
    A lot more so really. Griz have the stadium and fanbase needed. It looks big time on television.
    CUSA is gonna be a garbage conference soon. Garbage media deal too.

Would love to see us pair up with Montana as a package to MWC. I think Montana and NDSU are more ready to jump than SDSU or MSU, though all 4 could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    A lot more so really. Griz have the stadium and fanbase needed. It looks big time on television.
    CUSA is gonna be a garbage conference soon. Garbage media deal too.

Would love to see us pair up with Montana as a package to MWC. I think Montana and NDSU are more ready to jump than SDSU or MSU, though all 4 could do it.
    What is MSU lacking? Their attendance is similar to ours with plans to expand their stadium even bigger. Their enrollment also dwarfs ours. People keep discounting MSU when they are just as ready as anyone. Montana is teaming up with MSU first. If we are lucky they will let us along for the ride IF there is 3 spots open. If I was betting those two schools get an invite before any other FCS school.

We would still need to get two quality non-conference wins in an unbeaten season to get into the playoff and would we even get on their schedule?
    It's OK to not be OK.

NDSU will NEVER be in the MAC , so quit with that .

it's CUSA, AAC , MWC, SunBelt.

NDSU has to put together a 5-6 man team & fly out & meet with these commissioners/presidents and throw some oil money at em
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU will NEVER be in the MAC , so quit with that .

it's CUSA, AAC , MWC, SunBelt.

NDSU has to put together a 5-6 man team & fly out & meet with these commissioners/presidents and throw some oil money at em
    Big 12 or bust. What's with you and your small time thinking.

Hookers and blow on a private jet over international waters... Pump it Up!!!!

cuz WE NEED TO DO 3 YEARS in 1 of these FBS conferences b4 Big 12 & Blattner Stadium of 40k
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?