Page 100 of 106 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1060

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    That's a good point, but the regular season conference slate might be a step down for us with MAC.
    This take doesn't make any sense. 22 more scholarships, better players, support, and facilities. NDSU, SDSU, and UNI can regularly compete/beat G5 teams. But do you honestly think everyone else in the conference is a step up above the MAC?

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    CUSA champion UTSA is playing in the....Frisco Bowl on Tuesday 12/21 against SDSU....umm...San Diego State!
    Should be a good game. Sagarin, fwiw

48 North Dakota State
    49 Louisville
    50 Nebraska
    51 West Virginia
    52 SMU
    53 UTSA
    54 San Diego State

Aztecs will be pissed no doubt. I’d love for the Bison to play SMU in a bowl game. That would be much more meaningful to me than playing UND

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    While I have always been a move up to FBS through an invite by the MWC... I am starting to think a Football only invite to the MAC is the right answer - I know the MACtion thing is a negative -- but if you want to build a brand in the FBS, what better way than to dominate those schools in weeknight primetime. MAC also has a similar recruiting region... move up -- dominate them, and who knows what the next step is.

The MAC needs NDSU... they are stale as a conference -- the Sunbelt has passed them up by bringing in quality FCS programs. The only way they can raise their profile, is to inject new blood using dominant FCS programs.

By the way... the CUSA with SHSU and JSU is not the place to be
    When you read the MAC boards, you get the sense that the MAC doesn't know that they are stale. I'm fine with ANY FBS conference. I'm actually more enthusiastic about CUSA teams than MAC teams. But any FBS conference will do.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

AND WE ARE LOSING A FANBASE BY SITTING HERE DOING NOTHING IS THE BIGGEST POINT
    Have you watched a lot of MAC games? Those stands are nearly empty often, regardless of what they report.
    It's quite possible we would lose even more fans in the MAC, and that's a concern.

MWC is clearly superior, but MAC is a mixed bag, and would bring some negatives.
    MAC however is the most likely path if we don't have patience for something to open in MWC.

That's a good point, but the regular season conference slate might be a step down for us with MAC.
    The Missouri Valley is not better than the MAC.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Wait, are you suggesting FBS is a bad idea because *checks notes* a couple times a year NDSU could potentially get called for more penalties? And coaches might leave?

NDSU will probably not ever be a consistent top 20 team and they don't need to be. If the bar for supporting a move to FBS is some sort of borderline guarantee that NDSU is going to be ranked every (or almost every) year, then nobody should support moving. If the goal is to maximize NDSU's potential, then FBS is really the only way to go if financially feasible. I don't see how NDSU is going to improve at this level.
    I think this is a good assessment. Financials is what decides our future, not the conference of your choice.
    I agree MAC would be fine, better then MVFC. Plus we can beat and win that conference. Plus its up north, yet its far away so most fans won't be able to travel, but thats the choices we get. Travel is big time IF we ever were to get an invite. Ask UND how much it cost them to go into the Big Sky Conference. They ran out of money....so thats a major factor should NDSU get the knod to move up. Do we have the MONEY to make the jump beside the money from NCAA which is anything but a Non-Profit Organization...

Go Bison - Get the Natty back!

Quote Originally Posted by NodakGreg View Post
    I think this is a good assessment. Financials is what decides our future, not the conference of your choice.
    I agree MAC would be fine, better then MVFC. Plus we can beat and win that conference. Plus its up north, yet its far away so most fans won't be able to travel, but thats the choices we get. Travel is big time IF we ever were to get an invite. Ask UND how much it cost them to go into the Big Sky Conference. They ran out of money....so thats a major factor should NDSU get the knod to move up. Do we have the MONEY to make the jump beside the money from NCAA which is anything but a Non-Profit Organization...

Go Bison - Get the Natty back!
    for football only....yes, we have the money. for all sports, no, we don't.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    This take doesn't make any sense. 22 more scholarships, better players, support, and facilities. NDSU, SDSU, and UNI can regularly compete/beat G5 teams. But do you honestly think everyone else in the conference is a step up above the MAC?
    Sagarin says MVFC is above MAC east but a little below MAC west.
    It might be sort of a lateral move is the point, and we'd still be looking at blowouts against teams in empty stadiums.
    Beating SDSU brings more excitement than Ball St or Toledo to me.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sagarin says MVFC is above MAC east but a little below MAC west.
    It might be sort of a lateral move is the point, and we'd still be looking at blowouts against teams in empty stadiums.
    Beating SDSU brings more excitement than Ball St or Toledo to me.
    Yep, lateral move at best and then we will play games during the middle of the week! How many people show up on a Wednesday night game against Kent St.?

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Yep, lateral move at best and then we will play games during the middle of the week! How many people show up on a Wednesday night game against Kent St.?
    Might be interesting. Their players may put daisies into the Color Guards rifle barrels. Not sure how many will catch that one.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!