Page 99 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Limited G5 choices west of the Mississippi
    If that is the only reason, I don't understand why you would want to be a part of the MW...What exactly does the MW do for you? If there is zero appeal other than west of the Mississippi you likely would hate being in the MW. The notion that it is a stepping stone to P5 is wishful thinking for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I am interested..Why have so many of you latched onto the MW ? What is the specific appeal?
    FCS Forever crowd knows we can't get into the MW any time soon. They push for what we can't get in hopes of blocking what we might possibly get.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

If that is the only reason, I don't understand why you would want to be a part of the MW...What exactly does the MW do for you? If there is zero appeal other than west of the Mississippi you likely would hate being in the MW. The notion that it is a stepping stone to P5 is wishful thinking for all of us.
    It’s a very respectable conference full of schools with good academics, many of them are flagship land grants. To me that is refreshing compared to our current setup which is many teachers colleges. Our profiles don’t match up.

The MAC is closer, but they aren’t a step up from our current conference in quality, fan support, etc. and playing on wednesdays and Tuesdays in the second half of the season isn’t great. “Maction” is gimmicky.

Geographically, it’s the next best conference after the MAC. Anything at the G5 level for NDSU is going to require plane trips, but many of the schools are in intermediate metros that are easy to travel to. The locations themselves are pretty cool. Mountains and coastlines are very exciting to plains residents.

It’s the highest conference we could possibly shoot for outside of the P5, and P5 would take some decades-long changes for us to be looking at that. Best TV deal, most prestige, best fan bases, etc.

Please ignore everyone name calling and being all dramatic. I don’t know why people on both sides of this topic on this board take disagreement so personal.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    How many seats could NDSU realistically fill up every week with a bigger stadium? 25k? What happens when they are going 7-4 on the year in the FBS? I remember getting into an argument on AGS and P5 has more penalities for visiting teams (for G5 and FCS). Would SEC, B10, B12 officials consistently let NDSU beat their middle of the road teams? On the road? It will mean NDSU will need to be consistently a top 20 team for it to win 10-11 games a season.
    Has someone looked at this?
    https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...etics-database
    Look at this tab- Median Generated Revenues Trends for Division I Schools
    Also this- Where the Money Comes From (Revenues), Where the Money Goes (Expenses)

It's going to be very hard for NDSU to compete with the big boys. At best it becomes the new App State, Coastal Carolina then get your coach stolen away. Once the winning tradition is gone you become another Nebraska.

Saying all this the only option for NDSU is independent. Especially if it can sign some kind of 2 for 1 agreement with B10, B12 and 1 for 1 with MW, MAC. Just the money is going to be very hard to come by. Basically, IMO NDSU is close to maxed out already with how much the Fargo community can support it.
    Wait, are you suggesting FBS is a bad idea because *checks notes* a couple times a year NDSU could potentially get called for more penalties? And coaches might leave?

NDSU will probably not ever be a consistent top 20 team and they don't need to be. If the bar for supporting a move to FBS is some sort of borderline guarantee that NDSU is going to be ranked every (or almost every) year, then nobody should support moving. If the goal is to maximize NDSU's potential, then FBS is really the only way to go if financially feasible. I don't see how NDSU is going to improve at this level.
    College of Business Alumnus

The MW looks to be playing 3 and maybe 4 of their bowl games against MAC schools..Nevada has to go to Detroit and play Western Michigan. Boise State gets Central Michigan . If you did join the MAC you could certainly play MW schools if you wanted to..

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The MW looks to be playing 3 and maybe 4 of their bowl games against MAC schools..Nevada has to go to Detroit and play Western Michigan. Boise State gets Central Michigan . If you did join the MAC you could certainly play MW schools if you wanted to..
    That's a good point, but the regular season conference slate might be a step down for us with MAC.

I am not sure Boise St will be going anywhere. If they do, though, I am not certain the MW would be looking to add. But, NDSU fans have been coming over to the MW board for a few years seeking an invitation. That was long before this current realignment period. They were not desperate.

I certainly understand wanting to move up to FBS but I was just wondering why the MW. What is the appeal other than an FBS slot..Why the MW?
    What better option is there? Good conference with name brand schools and some great football. There isn't a better option that's remotely realistic.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    That's a good point, but the regular season conference slate might be a step down for us with MAC.
    Overall, there is not a lot of difference, competition wise, among the gang of 5..Top teams emerge every year, but most schools are middle of the pack..But I would humbly state that none of the G5's are a step down from FCS conferences..

NDSU can't be choosy, they JUST HAVE TO GET IT BEFORE THE NEXT PLAYOFF MOVE OR CFP/NCAA restricts move ups.

AND WE ARE LOSING A FANBASE BY SITTING HERE DOING NOTHING IS THE BIGGEST POINT
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

CUSA champion UTSA is playing in the....Frisco Bowl on Tuesday 12/21 against SDSU....umm...San Diego State!