Page 85 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Very persuasive argument there 56. "It detracts from your argument, but I'm not going to refute the underlying reasoning for it. I'll just dismiss it because I dont like when someone calls out my bias"

Calling you #WaitUntilScarlettJohansonAsksToMarryUs or #FCSForever has absolutely no bearing on the quality of an argument. The fact is that I've said and laid out a looooooooooooooot of material and points that could easily be refuted, but the only thing you take umbrage with is me calling you "#FCS4ever" Is really indicative of the quality of your "side's" case. Which is to say.... your case is weak as hell.

Waiting to go FBS until an incredible conference invites us out of the blue is not a strategy. It is a declaration that we will be FCS forever. Again- you could refute this, but you havent, and you wont, because unless there is some shocking new evidence out there (and believe me, I wish there was), the MWC is not going to invite us because they're bored.
    Tell us what your “shocking new evidence” is! We aren’t going anywhere without an invite. And even then, will the invite really be better than what we have from a global standpoint?

I’m watching N Illinois v. Buffalo right now, and they seem to have decent teams. We’d likely beat them tho, so, that said, tell us where we are gonna go for better football, cuz that’s what I’m interested in, meaning I want NDSU to continue to play good football.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The fact you are unfamiliar with the Sun Bowl is proof you are a D2 guy.

What's with all the Detroit Talk?

Conference USA Bowls

1. Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl (Fort Worth, Texas)
    2. TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl (Birmingham, Alabama)
    3. Boca Raton Bowl (Boca Raton, Florida)
    4. Camellia Bowl (Montgomery, Alabama)
    5. Cure Bowl (Orlando, Florida)
    6. Fenway Bowl (Boston, Massachusetts)
    7. SERVPRO First Responder Bowl (Dallas, Texas)
    8. Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl (Frisco, Texas)
    9. Gasparilla Bowl (Tampa, Florida)
    10. Myrtle Beach Bowl (Myrtle Beach, South Carolina)
    11. New Mexico Bowl (Albuquerque, New Mexico)

Also we could host the Conference USA Championship game
    The fact that Conference USA has 11 bowl games just made me thow up in my mouth. I didn't think I would ever say this but put me down for FCS forever.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Tell us what your “shocking new evidence” is! We aren’t going anywhere without an invite. And even then, will the invite really be better than what we have from a global standpoint?

I’m watching N Illinois v. Buffalo right now, and they seem to have decent teams. We’d likely beat them tho, so, that said, tell us where we are gonna go for better football, cuz that’s what I’m interested in, meaning I want NDSU to continue to play good football.
    The MAC is better than the MVFC, CAS. Even with NDSU.

The MAC with NDSU is way better than the MVFC without NDSU.

If you were to poop on the MAC for its Tuesday and Wednesday games, I would wholeheartedly agree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The MAC is better than the MVFC, CAS. Even with NDSU.

The MAC with NDSU is way better than the MVFC without NDSU.

If you were to poop on the MAC for its Tuesday and Wednesday games, I would wholeheartedly agree with you.
    For me, it’s really not. I find the FCS playoffs to be better football. I understand that we have to get there year in and year out, but, for me, FCS is better football given the playoffs.

The Natty game, and some of the playoff games, just do me better than quirky Tuesday/Wednesday MAC games, along with some random POS Bowl Game. That’s just me, for now.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I prefer to stay with FCS as the playoff format is so much better. Look at 2010 season and how close NDSU was to the finals after a mediocre season. So much excitement. This town will not be happy with FBS toilet bowl games. Only the press will like the MWC because then they get a free trip to Oahu every other year from Joel Heitkeamp or Dana Mook or Adam Laadwik or little stevie holstrom or west fgo dingbtat not to mention their drama queen weather people who have orgasims when mount vesuvius erupts, wth, lets keep it down people there are enough non helmeted bikers out there going 90 in a 30, right? and dont fire Bubba as he cant beat us.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    For me, it’s really not. I find the FCS playoffs to be better football. I understand that we have to get there year in and year out, but, for me, FCS is better football given the playoffs.

The Natty game, and some of the playoff games, just do me better than quirky Tuesday/Wednesday MAC games, along with some random POS Bowl Game. That’s just me, for now.
    I’m not sure how the playoffs matter when talking MVFC vs MAC, but even if you’re talking FBS vs FCS playoff teams, the games we would get in non-conference would be much better than we get now. Although obviously the playoff system is superior than anything the FBS has or will have, even at the G5 level.

I wonder if you watched a UNI vs Youngstown game side by side with the game tonight if you’d really think MVFC is better. Sometimes I get caught with Bison glasses on and when I watch two non-NDSU FCS teams playing the games look very different.

Just my 2¢
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

MAC won't invite NDSU they saw the asskickings we gave CMU/Ball St.
    so for you or anyone to use the Maction weeknight stuff as a reason NOT to go FBS then I can't help your dumb ass
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    MAC won't invite NDSU they saw the asskickings we gave CMU/Ball St.
    so for you or anyone to use the Maction weeknight stuff as a reason NOT to go FBS then I can't help your dumb ass
    No MAC shit, correct Chapo. Big 12 or nuthin IMO. Stay put and lay down the law (people in the upper midwest hate laws as you may know this already) unless we get Big 12 as Kleiman may like us. Then SDSU, USD and UNI go with us. Screw the rest of the doubting Thomases.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The fact you are unfamiliar with the Sun Bowl is proof you are a D2 guy.

What's with all the Detroit Talk?

Conference USA Bowls

1. Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl (Fort Worth, Texas)
    2. TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl (Birmingham, Alabama)
    3. Boca Raton Bowl (Boca Raton, Florida)
    4. Camellia Bowl (Montgomery, Alabama)
    5. Cure Bowl (Orlando, Florida)
    6. Fenway Bowl (Boston, Massachusetts)
    7. SERVPRO First Responder Bowl (Dallas, Texas)
    8. Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl (Frisco, Texas)
    9. Gasparilla Bowl (Tampa, Florida)
    10. Myrtle Beach Bowl (Myrtle Beach, South Carolina)
    11. New Mexico Bowl (Albuquerque, New Mexico)

Also we could host the Conference USA Championship game
    If we are not competing for CUSA championships every year our fan base will be going downhill. I think not being the best team in our division year in and year out will result in less support. Even if we get into the CUSA there is zero guarantee we will ever get invited to the MWC!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    The fact that Conference USA has 11 bowl games just made me thow up in my mouth. I didn't think I would ever say this but put me down for FCS forever.
    At least they won't be in all of those bowls every year although there is a guaranteed 7 bowl games per year. As of today, they only have 5 teams with a winning record.
    https://conferenceusa.com/news/2020/...wl-lineup.aspx
    It's OK to not be OK.