Page 81 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Key words from this Mountain West poster ........."the reality is either grow or wither". This is something that NDSU admin, coaches, players, alumni, and fans need to seriously consider. We are at a crossroads and the decision to wait and do nothing will have ramifications. But then there is lots of fear and apathy out there so why be brave and opportunistic.
    This is why we need to grow our BB program so we can position ourselves for a FBS move. Our BB program would be bottom barrel if we were to join a FBS conference. A football only invite isn’t happening so we need to improve our other sports. Heck even the MVC doesn’t even want us…….

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    What if you can hammer a six inch spike through a board with your penis?
    You might be a redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    What if you can hammer a six inch spike through a board with your penis?
    If it lasts for four or more hours, call your doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    That is incorrect. There will be a fraction of the fans, no question in my mind. Common sense, really.
    Yeah. Some have already said they dont go to Frisco anymore. Why would they change there mind for a bottom tier bowl game??????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    If it lasts for four or more hours, call your doctor.
    Or call Dixie at OU812
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Chapo I agree with you, but the FCS4Ever crowd is getting triggered by the CUSA talk. ITs important to clarify that I dont think anyone thinks CUSA is some incredible league. On the contrary! if the MVFC could jump together to FBS (not happening) then I think its better than CUSA. But since that was never a possibility, its irrelevant.

The thinking is "we all seem to agree that MWC is best for NDSU. In order to get to MWC or even MAC, NDSU needs to at least be established as FBS by the time the MWC or MAC needs to add teams. If the only option to be FBS at that time is CUSA, then NDSU needs to focus its guns on CUSA, the same way we did the Great West. CUSA is a rental. Its temporary, transitory, a means to an end. If you believe there is anything to be gained by FBS, specifically MWC or MAC or whatever, you need to do something now to get your foot in the door. To do nothing now, is to guarantee you never get to the conference you actually want to be in one day. One option offers a possibility of getting where we all claim we want to go, and the other guarantees that you never get there."

If you want to mary Scarlett Johanson, your gonna have to hit the gym, probably 8 hours a day, everyday, for at least 2-3 years. Great west was the original version of "the gym". CUSA, or independent, or ANY conference that would take NDSU is the current version.

You cannot claim you want to mary scarlett johanson and then also say "instead of going to the gym, I'm just going to wait it out and maybe she'll ask me to marry her later". No, you do everything in your power TODAY to prepare yourself for that moment in a few years, and that means hitting the f*cking gym, day and night, getting your hands dirty and putting in the work. CUSA would be those things. You need to be a viable option for Scarlett Johanson later, and doing nothing now guarantees you will never get a date, much less a ring on your finger.

To say no to all POSSIBLE options, means you are #FCS4ever. No way around it
    Still waiting for this CUSA invite…….. if it ever comes and the FCS4ever crew convinces the Admin to turn it down…….

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Yeah. Some have already said they dont go to Frisco anymore. Why would they change there mind for a bottom tier bowl game??????
    FBS Duh!!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Again, you take out NDSU from MVFC and add them as a MAC team, then MAC is better and its not close.

Everyone is strawmanning The FCS withNDSU, vs FBS without NDSU.

Example: FCS4Ever goons point out "well would you rather play in a packed soccer stadium for a championship or a such n such bowl with no one there?" lol what? precisely zero FCS championship games would have been sold out without NDSU in the game. None. To compare apples to apples, you need to compare the frisco bowl to an FCS championship without SHSU, NDSU, JMU, or JSU in it. no one f*cking cares about these games except NDSU. Every program who has EVER cared about an FCS title game has left FCS because they realize no one in FCS gives a shit. Full stop.

If we go to the Frisco Bowl, NDSU fans will be there. dont cherry pick data that confirms your misinformed bias. Dont pretend that if we Go FBS, that all of the sudden our crowds will be like Akron vs Kent state. They would be like NDSU vs an FBS opponent. we bring our own energy always. No program in FCS brings their own energy outside of NDSU. and if you say "what about JMU?" well theyre gone, and if you say "what about Montana?!" great. there is 1 fan base that cares besides us in FCS- I guess you really proved me wrong
    Agree with the assessment of quality of MVFC and MAC with the transfer of NDSU. SDSU and UNI and possibly others would be good as well. I have no idea if Bison fans would travel heavy to a bowl game. The first one likely is good. Beyond that it may vary based on location and perceived quality of the opponent. I personally think the Bison would be successful and could potentially get to the same level as Boise State or Coastal Carolina. It will depend on continued investment and good coaching hires. It's also possible fans interest drops after even 8-4 seasons, but I can also see interest dropping if they continue to dominate FCS.

I'm fine either way but would love to see what they can do in FBS. It's not a no brainer though like many seen to think.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Going back through the last few years of Sagarin ratings, there are only 2-4 FCS teams rated higher than half of the FBS teams.

uhhh no. literally every FBS program would be favored by multiple touchdowns over well over half of FCS teams, Indiana state and western included, as long as your name is UConn and UMass. If you exclude Uconn/Umass, every FBS program would be favored by vegas to beat literally every single FCS team not currently in the top 15 or even top 10 by multiple touchdowns.

Even terrible terrible terrible G5 schools are better than legitimately 90% of the FCS and its not even close. If this were not the case, FCS would win G5 FBS games at a much better clip than about 6%
    It's OK to not be OK.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Agree with the assessment of quality of MVFC and MAC with the transfer of NDSU. SDSU and UNI and possibly others would be good as well. I have no idea if Bison fans would travel heavy to a bowl game. The first one likely is good. Beyond that it may vary based on location and perceived quality of the opponent. I personally think the Bison would be successful and could potentially get to the same level as Boise State or Coastal Carolina. It will depend on continued investment and good coaching hires. It's also possible fans interest drops after even 8-4 seasons, but I can also see interest dropping if they continue to dominate FCS.

I'm fine either way but would love to see what they can do in FBS. It's not a no brainer though like many seen to think.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I am sooooooo looking forward to a trip to the Motor City Bowl in Detroit!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]