Page 80 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This is so true. But this time, we are even better at FCS than we were at D2. If you think about it, we've won more Natty's than our 80's D2 teams won and that was next level impressive.

Our facilities are so much better than they were back in the D2 days that it's even more laughable. Imagine if we had a $50 million dollar IPF when Bob Babich was around? Heck, the Bison coaching offices used to be in the old Bison Sports Arena
    Well, in D2 they cut scholarship limits from 60+ to 45 and then to 36 so that had something to do with it. And we went from 8 D2 teams in the region to 20+. And neither trend looked like it was stopping. When you cut scholarship limits almost in half and double the number of teams in your recruiting area, that has an effect.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I just scooped up.front row tickets for face value.for usd game. the last 10 years these would be $150/tickets all day long & 20th row would be $75-$100.

Apathy is here and it's not a good look, I don't know how many people I've seen say. IM OUT in the last year.

NDSU needs to do something FAST. and CUSA is the only option to do this fast. then in 2-3 years you approach the MWC
    I thought you said you bought 10 tickets for twelve people for the Huntington Bank slugfest this Saturday. You going to both????

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I have several friends who have officiated in the MVFC and MAC. They notice a general difference in the quality of players in the MAC especially RBs and WRs. Top teams in the MVFC can definitely compete in the MAC so this is more of a general statement. The best NDSU teams would definitely be strong in the MAC especially for 1 or 2 games. It's not a huge gap but probably bigger at the bottom of the conference.

Atmosphere in the MVFC is generally better though especially on these midweek games.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Again, you take out NDSU from MVFC and add them as a MAC team, then MAC is better and its not close.

Everyone is strawmanning The FCS withNDSU, vs FBS without NDSU.

Example: FCS4Ever goons point out "well would you rather play in a packed soccer stadium for a championship or a such n such bowl with no one there?" lol what? precisely zero FCS championship games would have been sold out without NDSU in the game. None. To compare apples to apples, you need to compare the frisco bowl to an FCS championship without SHSU, NDSU, JMU, or JSU in it. no one f*cking cares about these games except NDSU. Every program who has EVER cared about an FCS title game has left FCS because they realize no one in FCS gives a shit. Full stop.

If we go to the Frisco Bowl, NDSU fans will be there. dont cherry pick data that confirms your misinformed bias. Dont pretend that if we Go FBS, that all of the sudden our crowds will be like Akron vs Kent state. They would be like NDSU vs an FBS opponent. we bring our own energy always. No program in FCS brings their own energy outside of NDSU. and if you say "what about JMU?" well theyre gone, and if you say "what about Montana?!" great. there is 1 fan base that cares besides us in FCS- I guess you really proved me wrong
    Last edited by MankatoBison; 11-17-2021 at 04:52 PM.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I just scooped up.front row tickets for face value.for usd game. the last 10 years these would be $150/tickets all day long & 20th row would be $75-$100.

Apathy is here and it's not a good look, I don't know how many people I've seen say. IM OUT in the last year.

NDSU needs to do something FAST. and IF CUSA is the only option, then do it fast. then in 2-3 years you approach the MWC
    Chapo I agree with you, but the FCS4Ever crowd is getting triggered by the CUSA talk. ITs important to clarify that I dont think anyone thinks CUSA is some incredible league. On the contrary! if the MVFC could jump together to FBS (not happening) then I think its better than CUSA. But since that was never a possibility, its irrelevant.

The thinking is "we all seem to agree that MWC is best for NDSU. In order to get to MWC or even MAC, NDSU needs to at least be established as FBS by the time the MWC or MAC needs to add teams. If the only option to be FBS at that time is CUSA, then NDSU needs to focus its guns on CUSA, the same way we did the Great West. CUSA is a rental. Its temporary, transitory, a means to an end. If you believe there is anything to be gained by FBS, specifically MWC or MAC or whatever, you need to do something now to get your foot in the door. To do nothing now, is to guarantee you never get to the conference you actually want to be in one day. One option offers a possibility of getting where we all claim we want to go, and the other guarantees that you never get there."

If you want to mary Scarlett Johanson, your gonna have to hit the gym, probably 8 hours a day, everyday, for at least 2-3 years. Great west was the original version of "the gym". CUSA, or independent, or ANY conference that would take NDSU is the current version.

You cannot claim you want to mary scarlett johanson and then also say "instead of going to the gym, I'm just going to wait it out and maybe she'll ask me to marry her later". No, you do everything in your power TODAY to prepare yourself for that moment in a few years, and that means hitting the f*cking gym, day and night, getting your hands dirty and putting in the work. CUSA would be those things. You need to be a viable option for Scarlett Johanson later, and doing nothing now guarantees you will never get a date, much less a ring on your finger.

To say no to all POSSIBLE options, means you are #FCS4ever. No way around it
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

What if you can hammer a six inch spike through a board with your penis?
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Gotta love the term "FCS FOREVER CROWD." Like being labeled anti-vaxx for rona if you are against mandates. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    I'll gladly take your front row tickets for nothing!
    Whoops...sent them to bisonfannete (sp) to get in the hands of some Veterans. Perhaps next time.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Again, you take out NDSU from MVFC and add them as a MAC team, then MAC is better and its not close.

Everyone is strawmanning The FCS withNDSU, vs FBS without NDSU.

Example: FCS4Ever goons point out "well would you rather play in a packed soccer stadium for a championship or a such n such bowl with no one there?" lol what? precisely zero FCS championship games would have been sold out without NDSU in the game. None. To compare apples to apples, you need to compare the frisco bowl to an FCS championship without SHSU, NDSU, JMU, or JSU in it. no one f*cking cares about these games except NDSU. Every program who has EVER cared about an FCS title game has left FCS because they realize no one in FCS gives a shit. Full stop.

If we go to the Frisco Bowl, NDSU fans will be there. dont cherry pick data that confirms your misinformed bias. Dont pretend that if we Go FBS, that all of the sudden our crowds will be like Akron vs Kent state. They would be like NDSU vs an FBS opponent. we bring our own energy always. No program in FCS brings their own energy outside of NDSU. and if you say "what about JMU?" well theyre gone, and if you say "what about Montana?!" great. there is 1 fan base that cares besides us in FCS- I guess you really proved me wrong
    That is incorrect. There will be a fraction of the fans, no question in my mind. Common sense, really.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Gotta love the term "FCS FOREVER CROWD." Like being labeled anti-vaxx for rona if you are against mandates. lol.
    Unfortunately Politics now emulates sports fandom.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    If label fits..................

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA