Page 88 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    So in college basketball during march madness when a Cinderella team makes it to the sweet 16 or elite 8 everyone is pumped. But you sit there are say it happened because the level of play from the traditional super teams sucks!!
    I am still waiting for the big move that so many guaranteed was going to happen with P5 schools. Remember how it was a sure thing that they were going to break away from the NCAA? And that at that moment we would be our perfect time to move up. Well I am still waiting for that Nostradamus moment to happen. That was 5+ years ago and they said it would happen in 3.
    This spring opened a lot of eyes on how little the rest of FCS cares about football. I don't know why people didn't figure that out earlier when we were winning championships in rebuilding years. Being FCS does not help this university in any way anymore. We need to make smart decisions on how we do it, but we need to move on. All that's left is for us to regress to the mean.

I DO NOT want to become what Montana is currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    This spring opened a lot of eyes on how little the rest of FCS cares about football. I don't know why people didn't figure that out earlier when we were winning championships in rebuilding years. Being FCS does not help this university in any way anymore. We need to make smart decisions on how we do it, but we need to move on. All that's left is for us to regress to the mean.

I DO NOT want to become what Montana is currently.
    Personally in the FBS/FCS debate I lean FCS because I like the excitement of the playoff format and playing for a national championship. But.... This point is valid and is worth considering. As the football intensive schools move up, are we still amongst our peers? We have talked many times about D2 becoming watered down, but really what the schools did was reign in NDSU. We had more money, more scholarships and more resources than everyone else and they made to the rules to reflect the makeup of the division. As the football heavy schools leave, it is possible that the remaining schools could vote to make the scholarship limits better fit their budgets. This is probably especially true with some of the full cost of attendance money that is floating around.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Alexa, define "Strawman" please. Alexa, also define "projecting"

I actually laughed out loud at the thought of the FBS crowd shifting the goalposts.
    Here are actual "arguments" brought up by FCS4ever crowd that have no basis in reality

1. We dont have enough money. False- we have enough money. We already spend more than a handful of successful G5 schools in football. Additionally, our donors are extraordinarily willing to pony up when given a task. pound for pound, our donors are closer to SEC donors than they are G5 Schools. Our football budget is on par with the top half of MWC. sorry if this triggers you

2. Recruiting will suffer- No. Just no. there is no reality in which a recruit will be less interested in NDSU if we are playing Air force, instead of South Dakota. No, stop. get help. Again, if you were right, than FCS would be beating FBS players for great recruits constantly. We are happy when we get players with FBS offers because, GASP, we know the FBS gets better recruits.

3. We need a new stadium!!!11! No we dont. full stop, we do not NEED a new stadium for FBS. so stop f*cking bringing it up. It is a fact that we do not need a stadium.

4. we NEED a conference invite. No we do not NEED one. We would LIKE one. It is completely reasonable that we could get a wavier to go independent, if that was a priority of NDSU . If the only reason we arent being "invited" is geography (something completely out of our control), we could request a waiver. St Thomas got a waiver for something even more insane than that, and the basis being, they were put in a circumstance completely out of their control. I would imagine we would have a similar chance of being granted a waiver as St Thomas.

5. The FCS is akshully better. No. stop. You are not living in reality.

6. Our fans will care LESS if we play better teams! Hmmm it seems that all of human history disagrees with you lol. We are willing to pay more and care more when stakes are higher. To disagree with this concept is again, anti reality.

We can all have our own opinions about what we SHOULD do, but it seems the FCS crowd cant even accept established verifiable facts about the situation. I have heard Each one of these reasons.... literally 30-40x each on BV since June, often from the exact same people.
    1. actually made me lol. Many of those whom aren't even sold on going FBS. Which - I mean - is probably why NDSU is still FCS. Along with, probably over half the actually season ticket holders are die hard fans are in the same boat. Go for the wallets - lol - and see what happens. Good luck.

2. Recruits aren't coming because they're playing air force either or south dakota. They're coming to play for NDSUs culture and tradition.

3. New stadium ain't happening anyway no matter how lakes thinks it will fill. Nobody needs a 45K statium at 25% capacity.

4. lol. Good luck going independent. That one made me laugh out load.

5. Nobody is saying the FCS better top to bottom. You can't just make shit up.

6. Show us the schedule. I mean...that's important. Guess what geographical rivals and like institutions matter. Just a fact. And go ahead an argue with the long term season ticket holders about that - you know the ones that donate way the f more than you.

You don't have any facts. Neither do I. But I'm not on the high horse like you are. It's perfectly acceptable to have a little understanding of where NDSU lies in the grand scheme of college athletics. To think anything different is plain ignorance.

People calling for the 4 Dakotas to go FBS together, I’m sorry it doesn’t work that way. There isn’t enough $$ to support 4 winning programs at that level. Heck, UND subsidizes significantly right now to keep up with NDSU. Imagine if they jumped up too. I’m sorry if that’s harsh.

So sure, I’ll say it – if playing the 3 Dakota schools is what matters to you, you are indeed “FCS forever”. Beyond beating the yotes Saturday and getting back to Frisco, what matters to some of us are FBS games and $$ - we don’t get enough of the former and we can always use more of the latter. But if FBS isn’t an upgrade financially, NDSU won’t do it. I’m sorry if that’s harsh.

None of us will make this decision. The current/new presidents, along with our excellent AD and top donors, will do so based on $$, branding, and what the program wants, dare I say deserves. Read that last line again and then close this stupid thread until the season is over.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    People calling for the 4 Dakotas to go FBS together, I’m sorry it doesn’t work that way. There isn’t enough $$ to support 4 winning programs at that level. Heck, UND subsidizes significantly right now to keep up with NDSU. Imagine if they jumped up too. I’m sorry if that’s harsh.

So sure, I’ll say it – if playing the 3 Dakota schools is what matters to you, you are indeed “FCS forever”. Beyond beating the yotes Saturday and getting back to Frisco, what matters to some of us are FBS games and $$ - we don’t get enough of the former and we can always use more of the latter. But if FBS isn’t an upgrade financially, NDSU won’t do it. I’m sorry if that’s harsh.

None of us will make this decision. The current/new presidents, along with our excellent AD and top donors, will do so based on $$, branding, and what the program wants, dare I say deserves. Read that last line again and then close this stupid thread until the season is over.
    Got a gift from Bubba in the UND game, lost to SDSU, expecting a slugfest vs USD this weekend. Is that FCS forever or just reality of how it's going to be - who knows.

What about 1-2 winning programs, 0-1 average program, and 2 losers?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

It's OK to not be OK.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Based on NDSU Basketball where is the proof that NDSU football would get better games? When was the last OOC basketball game you were excited to go to?

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Based on NDSU Basketball where is the proof that NDSU football would get better games? When was the last OOC basketball game you were excited to go to?
    Obviously apples and oranges, but since you asked: East Tennessee State, Indiana State and Missouri State are all basketball equivalents better than Towson, Albany, Valpo, Butler, UND and Delaware who we've had in the last two years of non-con football games.

No one is saying there's going to be 4 home games against P5 schools, if that's the man you're trying to build out of a certain type of agricultural by-product. But instead of Delaware being our best non-con opponent in 2 years, it could be our worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Personally in the FBS/FCS debate I lean FCS because I like the excitement of the playoff format and playing for a national championship. But.... This point is valid and is worth considering. As the football intensive schools move up, are we still amongst our peers? We have talked many times about D2 becoming watered down, but really what the schools did was reign in NDSU. We had more money, more scholarships and more resources than everyone else and they made to the rules to reflect the makeup of the division. As the football heavy schools leave, it is possible that the remaining schools could vote to make the scholarship limits better fit their budgets. This is probably especially true with some of the full cost of attendance money that is floating around.
    I tend to be a little selfish about the move up. Week day games are not conducive to tailgating before games if you have a job. Like wise that large number of people that can travel away might not be able to go as freely. I’m retired so I have no time restrictions but it isn’t fun to tailgate and go to games alone.
    How would this effect ndsu’s bottom line? Probably not much.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

NDSU IN THE FBS WONT PLAY MID DAY GAMES!!! REPEAT THIS and END THIS ARGUMENT!

NDSU WILL NOT BE IN THE MAC, THEREFORE NDSU WILL NEVER PLAY ON A TUES/WED/THUR NIGHT!!!!

ALSO REPEAT

NDSU WILL GO FBS ALONE
    NDSU WILL GO FBS ALONE
    NDSU WILL GO FBS ALONE
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?