Page 82 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    I am sooooooo looking forward to a trip to the Motor City Bowl in Detroit!!!
    It's 196 miles from my front door.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    well of course NDSU football would win right away at Mountain West, anyone that knows college football the last 10 years can see that. So obviously your presidents/ads don't want that.

maybe when Boise goes to big 12 with Memphis than NDSU can take their spot. NDSU belongs in the MWC or BIG 12 that's it..
    You lose all credibility when you keep being up the Big 12!!!!! It’s not going to happen!!!! At least in your lifetime so give it a rest!!!! Let’s focus on the CUSA, MAC…….

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    It came right out of Stigs mouth in a presser a week ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We all know lots of truths are spoken in press conferences. haha

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    I am sooooooo looking forward to a trip to the Motor City Bowl in Detroit!!!
    It may not be 20k like Frisco could be but I don't think Frisco will continue to be huge crowds either. There are enough Bison fans within an easy drive of Detroit that I would expect a similar crowd to other teams in the bowl history. Collectively I can see the interest in a better regular season schedule, more P5 opponents, and an occasional good bowl game still being more interesting than winning FCS over and over. And there is no guarantee the latter happens. The last 10 years are almost impossible to replicate. They made it look too easy and it wasn't.

If your choice is consistent bowl games or a championship appearance 2 or of every 8 years and done playoff games on the road, which do you think would have longer term interest for the program?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    It's 196 miles from my front door.
    270 for me. I did that distance from Minot to Fargo many times in college!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Yeah. Some have already said they dont go to Frisco anymore. Why would they change there mind for a bottom tier bowl game??????
    This for sure. I will keep going to NDSU FCS Champ games because looking SOLELY at 1. FCS champ game 2. middle to bottom tier bowl game, only #1 brings excitement.

And before I get improperly labeled as #FCS4Ever or whatever, I AM pro-FBS and I think the goal of a top tier bowl game far FAR outweighs an FCS championship.

I will go to Frisco for the championship and likely would not go to Frisco for the Frisco Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    This for sure. I will keep going to NDSU FCS Champ games because looking SOLELY at 1. FCS champ game 2. middle to bottom tier bowl game, only #1 brings excitement.

And before I get improperly labeled as #FCS4Ever or whatever, I AM pro-FBS and I think the goal of a top tier bowl game far FAR outweighs an FCS championship.

I will go to Frisco for the championship and likely would not go to Frisco for the Frisco Bowl
    I love the restaurants in the area so I would go to both. Hell I watch Maction s

Now I understand that there are those that are still in the work force so they have to be more discerning with PTO and disposable income.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I love the restaurants in the area so I would go to both. Hell I watch Maction s

Now I understand that there are those that are still in the work force so they have to be more discerning with PTO and disposable income.
    ok, fair point on food and also the POTENTIAL to not be in freezing temps for a few days, but my general overarching point remains!

EDIT: Absolutely sign me up for the New Orleans Bowl, but that would just be me using NDSU as an excuse to vacation.

I'll take a Bahamas bowl spot.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I'll take a Bahamas bowl spot.
    I feel like if it's anything like this, it would be an experience...

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comment...nd_im_here_to/