Page 57 of 106 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    NDSU would be considered but are probably #5 on the list; UTEP, NMSU,Montana, Montana St, UC Davis may be higher up on the list. NDSU needs to built its own FBS coalition if they want to move to FBS
    When everything is said and done, they may lose between
    1 and 5 teams. I've heard everything from Colorado State to try and go to the Pac 12 or Big 12, to Boise to the Big 12. You could see the Pac 12 target San Diego State and Colorado State too

You still got Memphis to the Big 12

So if the Mountain West loses 3, who do they replace with?

Conference USA? New Mexico State and UTEP?

Or does the AAC who loses Memphis target them first?

Then who does C USA replace those 2 teams with?

Either way the trickle down isn't done

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    When everything is said and done, they may lose between
    1 and 5 teams. I've heard everything from Colorado State to try and go to the Pac 12 or Big 12, to Boise to the Big 12. You could see the Pac 12 target San Diego State and Colorado State too

You still got Memphis to the Big 12

So if the Mountain West loses 3, who do they replace with?

Conference USA? New Mexico State and UTEP?

Or does the AAC who loses Memphis target them first?

Then who does C USA replace those 2 teams with?

Either way the trickle down isn't done

The issue for the MWC only crowd is that there will always be about 5 schools in Texas or the southwest that would be a better geographical fit than NDSU. The only way to offset that is by having an athletic program that moves the needle either from the market or because they are great competitively. If NDSU doesn't move now, when the chance comes for the MWC the geography will be the reason we are told no.

Move up now (regardless of how shitty the conference is) and dominate is our only way to offset our horrible location.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

They need to go B12. They would fit. But everybody just flames on how you can't do that. Well you definitely can't if you don't try. That's a stupid mentality to have. Oh that can't be done.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    How about the guy pictured your avatar, or his AD, go ask CUSA for one?
    So you think they'd have a press conference to say "We called CUSA and they said no"?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    So you think they'd have a press conference to say "We called CUSA and they said no"?
    At least then we'd know they tried. I'm sick and tired of this "We are exploring opportunities". If you can't tell the people who are paying the bills what you're doing GTFO.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    At least then we'd know they tried. I'm sick and tired of this "We are exploring opportunities". If you can't tell the people who are paying the bills what you're doing GTFO.
    I can just hear it.

"Bisonville wants to know so we called CUSA and they said they weren't interested"
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I would go home, wait for a a different day, and then take home the hot girl! Don’t let the rush of others moving up make us panic into joining any league just to move up. Do what is right. Look at the teams in that conference for next year. Trash!! I thought you were on the mountain west bandwagon? The mountain west is the only conference NDSU would, and should join. Right now, they are arent expanding. But that could change literally at any time. If the Big 12 comes after Boise or San Diego St, they will want new members. NDSU would be #1 on that list. Be patient. It will come.
    I know that I've always had more interest from the ladies when I've been in a relationship. Doesn't mean you even have to pursue that interest, but no one like a lonely loser.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

So FCS now is basically a regional league now? Does anyone see a champ that isnt from Washington-MT-MVFC the next 5 years? They would have 7 of the top 11 power poll spots right now with JMU and SHSU gone..

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Does it take a formal press conference to get information out to the public?

Through a range of vehicles of communication, it became widely known that Liberty had asked for invites to conferences and couldn't get anyone to say yes. They didn't treat that information like some sort of state secret. They're like, "hey, fanbase. We want to elevate our athletics. We think we should go to the next level. We're going to try." Then when conferences said no, they say "well, no one wants us, so we'll go indy, but we'll keep trying and making the case. " That culminated today with "hey, fanbase...its official. We have a conference."

Meanwhile, Culhane again today says something to the effect of "I promise you that NDSU athletics is working on what's best for NDSU behind the scenes." Then Culhane literally says, "They won't tell you what they're doing, but I promise you they are working on a plan and have been over a year."

This is a public university. And, this athletics program is strongly supported by fan funding. This super secret shit--"we'll let you rubes know what we're doing when we're good and ready," is so disrespectful to the fanbase.

Now here is where you, if true to form, will say something like "so, you think Matt Larsen should just invite you in to all the planning sessions because Bisonville wants it." It would be a dumb retort, but you can't help it.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.