Page 43 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    So yeah, in case you're wondering this is why everyone thinks you're in the FCS forever camp.

CUSA is too bad to say yes, B12 is too good to say yes. To say you'd be open to FBS but then reject seemingly every possible conference and scenario is not being open to FBS.

Meanwhile any situation that keeps us FCS is just peachy keen? Lol
    By "everyone" do you mean the same tiny number of FBS or bust posters that have made it clear they don't care what it costs? Because I've gotten a ton of positive rep from bystanders that are glad to see a counterpoint to the echo chamber you've created.

And if it hasn't been clear from the multiple other times I've posted it, I'd be very happy to go FBS as long as we get regional partners. Recent history from another nearby school is very clear that going alone is catastrophic for your athletic program.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    By "everyone" do you mean the same tiny number of FBS or bust posters that have made it clear they don't care what it costs? Because I've gotten a ton of positive rep from bystanders that are glad to see a counterpoint to the echo chamber you've created.

And if it hasn't been clear from the multiple other times I've posted it, I'd be very happy to go FBS as long as we get regional partners. Recent history from another nearby school is very clear that going alone is catastrophic for your athletic program.
    I don't like this comparison because it's apples to oranges. They went Big Sky with all sports. This would potentially be a football only move.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Yeah, and I've gotten a ton of positive rep too from people on the FBS side too. It's a hot button topic that probably everyone has very strong opinions on.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Here's the deal, it if were more than 10 guys on Bisonville screaming about this, ML would do something about it.

Find some donors.
    Comparing BV to conversations in the tailgate lots, I would say that Bisonville is pretty spot on with reflecting the thoughts of the heavily invested fan.

I think it's probably a pretty good representation that there are "10" proFBS people here and 2 or 3 proFCS.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Comparing BV to conversations in the tailgate lots, I would say that Bisonville is pretty spot on with reflecting the thoughts of the heavily invested fan.

I think it's probably a pretty good representation that there are "10" proFBS people here and 2 or 3 proFCS.
    Like I said, if big money wanted to do this, it would move the needle.

Still sold all 12k season tickets.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    This would potentially be a football only move.
    C-USA needs all sport members to keep their FBS Conference status.

See Section 20.02.6 - https://www.ncaapublications.com/pro...loads/D121.pdf

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think if we take attendance into the mix, there are definitely more than "10 guys on Bisonville" who are speaking with their time and money that FCS football is no longer a big enough draw. Do I or anyone else here know if moving to FBS will be enough to build that back up? Nope and there is no way to know unless we take the risk and try. However, we do know that attendance and fan engagement have been declining in the FCS for the past 5 years. Now there are a handful more of the high end programs potentially leaving FCS. I don't think there is any logic to argue that the future of FCS is going to be better than the past and that's even if we continue to win 8 out of the next 10 national championships. In my opinion, there is an argument that if NDSU does things right and we get a few breaks, an FBS future could be brighter than the past. Not guaranteed obviously but the upside is there. I'm for trying rather than resigning ourselves to more of the same decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Like I said, if big money wanted to do this, it would move the needle.

Still sold all 12k season tickets.
    Yes, you're right. Current fan support levels show that everyone is on board with FCS lol
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    I don't like this comparison because it's apples to oranges. They went Big Sky with all sports. This would potentially be a football only move.
    I think this is an important distinction that gets lost/forgotten after pages and pages of posts. I don't think any pro FBS now person is saying to grab a conference invite from any conference for all sports. The assumption is football only.

Now, sometimes things get said(typed) that might be taken as all sports but I have to assume every person pushing the FBS or bust angle means football only and all sports stay in the Summit.

Funny enough that is one positive NDSU has going for it that doesn't get brought up at all in all the negatives. NDSU has its football team in a football only conference. If the Summit sponsored football we'd be looking at the added struggle of trying to get our conference to let us be olympic sports only. So score 1 for the good guys I guess???

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

To be fair, if the Big 12 offered us tomorrow I would be extremely suspicious of their motive and would want to know more. They're probably on the verge of collapse with everyone else leaving.
    You sound like that old Groucho Marx quote of "I wouldn't belong to any club that wanted me as a member".

Yes, the B12 is probably not going to be part of what ultimately becomes the P4. A few schools will be allowed to join one of the final P4 conferences (OK State, Iowa State possibly, West Virginia, maybe K-State, etc) and the rest will be relegated to whatever the next tier gets named. So getting into the B12 is possible but probably not as a direct jump from FCS.