Page 17 of 106 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

From an article written by Colton Foster for the Huntsville Item regarding Sam Houston's potential move to CUSA:

"It has also been reported that Conference USA could ink a deal with FloSports for games in the coming years."

So there's that.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NDSU has done nothing but amaze me year after year, and I wouldn't count them out of anything on a level playing field. But, let's face it, the G5/P5 is not a level playing field, and I don't see NDSU getting a sniff at a Natty for a long time at the FBS level (never say never). That said, what's more exciting: A potentially awesome OOC game every couple of years, a conference championship game, and a bowl game? Or deep playoff runs, a potentially awesome OOC game every 5-10 years, and regular trips to Frisco? If we make the move, the fanbase needs to look at bowl games as the new Frisco. Otherwise, I see a lot of disappointment.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    NDSU has done nothing but amaze me year after year, and I wouldn't count them out of anything on a level playing field. But, let's face it, the G5/P5 is not a level playing field, and I don't see NDSU getting a sniff at a Natty for a long time at the FBS level (never say never). That said, what's more exciting: A potentially awesome OOC game every couple of years, a conference championship game, and a bowl game? Or deep playoff runs, a potentially awesome OOC game every 5-10 years, and regular trips to Frisco? If we make the move, the fanbase needs to look at bowl games as the new Frisco. Otherwise, I see a lot of disappointment.
    The yearly P5 game would be more exciting to me than Frisco. And that's coming from a guy who moved to Frisco bought a house a mile from Toyota Stadium.

Conference championship games, when they would happen, would be icing on top. And bowl games that would happen in most years would be even better.

"Deep playoff runs" where we boat race Montana State or Colgate or beat a team 9-3 because they literally don't have a quarterback is not exciting anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    Geez...I completely agree with you.
    Sorry?

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    From an article written by Colton Foster for the Huntsville Item regarding Sam Houston's potential move to CUSA:

"It has also been reported that Conference USA could ink a deal with FloSports for games in the coming years."

So there's that.
    If ESPN is not directly involved with the rebranding of CUSA, I would stay far far away

You lose donors either way, apparently. Media deal is critical

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The yearly P5 game would be more exciting to me than Frisco. And that's coming from a guy who moved to Frisco bought a house a mile from Toyota Stadium.

Conference championship games, when they would happen, would be icing on top. And bowl games that would happen in most years would be even better.

"Deep playoff runs" where we boat race Montana State or Colgate or beat a team 9-3 because they literally don't have a quarterback is not exciting anymore.
    I will laugh my ass off when our first Bowl bid is to the Frisco Bowl.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

Under this premise, NDSU football would become easier to schedule because they wouldn't pose as much a threat to win.

Are you then proposing that a FBS move would make the team worse on the field?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    I stopped going to Frisco after my 6th time. It got stale for me.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Under this premise, NDSU football would become easier to schedule because they wouldn't pose as much a threat to win.

Are you then proposing that a FBS move would make the team worse on the field?
    No, NDSU would become easier to schedule because they wouldn't be FCS. Cincy, UCF, Boise State, etc. don't have problems with scheduling and they are all arguably better or much better than us.

FBS schools schedule FCS schools because they want a bye week. They've always been idiots for scheduling us, they just didn't realize it.

in 17, 18, 20 Appy played Georgia, Miami and Penn State. They get exactly 0 of those games if they're still FCS.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Barely counting FCS wins? They count exactly the same as a G5 win for bowl eligibility, +1 in the win column.....and I've never heard anyone bring up an FCS game during the conversation about CFP resumes. They'd probably get penalized for a loss to FBS NDSU less than they would for a loss to FCS NDSU, but a win would count the same. And that was my point; they don't hang up the phone because of the division we play in, they hang up because they'd rather pay for a win than risk a loss.

I replied to a statement that implied we should get excited about a home and home with any G5 school......and I wouldn't get excited about a home and home with probably half the G5.
    Do you get excited about a H&H with a Towson or East Tennessee State? There's only a handful of FCS programs that would make me excited about a H&H and some of them are leaving FCS.