Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1060

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    When did the student attendance start declining?
    After Lakes made up the Lets go Bison cheer... They had nothing to strive for...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Granted, MACtion is gimmicky. But it is also on national TV on a weekly basis. Unlike FCS for which ESPN barely promotes its own broadcast of the national championship game.
    Toaster oven infomercials go on national TV on a weekly basis too. How much has that helped their branding?

I'm a borderline hardcore sports fan and even I haven't watched more than 2 minutes of a MACTION game during the week in 7 years. I'm not in the football mood on a Tuesday at 9pm. Neither is anyone else
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    We would still need to get two quality non-conference wins in an unbeaten season to get into the playoff and would we even get on their schedule?
    Depends, do you have patience to wait the 10 years it would take to get us established? Or are you thinking that if we're not in yearly contention for the CFP by 2024 we'd be wasting our time?

I'm 29, I got time. Jump relatively soon and I'd be willing to bet that within 5 years we'd be on equal footing with where Appy, Coastal Carolina and Liberty are, if not better. 10 years from now we could be similar to what Boise is/was. That would put us on the periphery of yearly CFP contention.

Like I said, would take vision and patience. Don't think there's much of that around here collectively unfortunately. I enjoy watching us play in FCS, but think we can do better. Don't matter, I'll wear my NDSU gear every saturday and watch the game just the same.

Need an invite, but I don't think we're working very hard to make one happen. Who knows, maybe everyone told ML we needed a mega-IPF before we get an invite.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Depends, do you have patience to wait the 10 years it would take to get us established? Or are you thinking that if we're not in yearly contention for the CFP by 2024 we'd be wasting our time?

I'm 29, I got time. Jump relatively soon and I'd be willing to bet that within 5 years we'd be on equal footing with where Appy, Coastal Carolina and Liberty are, if not better. 10 years from now we could be similar to what Boise is/was. That would put us on the periphery of yearly CFP contention.

Like I said, would take vision and patience. Don't think there's much of that around here collectively unfortunately. I enjoy watching us play in FCS, but think we can do better. Don't matter, I'll wear my NDSU gear every saturday and watch the game just the same.

Need an invite, but I don't think we're working very hard to make one happen. Who knows, maybe everyone told ML we needed a mega-IPF before we get an invite.
    If the last round taught us anything, it’s that these conferences expect the presidents of interested schools to contact them. I honestly have no idea if that has happened, but I’d be shocked if there hasn’t been contact of some sort with the MWC. The fact that someone in that conference brought up NDSU unsolicited speaks volumes to me. We shall see … Like you, I’ll support and follow the Bison either way. You gotta admit that this playoff system is pretty cool. Get through this Saturday and things start to get even more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    If the last round taught us anything, it’s that these conferences expect the presidents of interested schools to contact them. I honestly have no idea if that has happened, but I’d be shocked if there hasn’t been contact of some sort with the MWC. The fact that someone in that conference brought up NDSU unsolicited speaks volumes to me. We shall see … Like you, I’ll support and follow the Bison either way. You gotta admit that this playoff system is pretty cool. Get through this Saturday and things start to get even more interesting.
    Yeah. Like was even said on 1660, a lot of the conversations are done by consultants. A) They're the experts and B) Gives everyone a clear slate on FOIA or not getting caught when questioned by media.

As to your playoff comment, yeah FCS playoffs are pretty sweet. Although, my dream scenario:

12 team CFP, with top-rated G5 eligible if conference champion.

G5 playoff, top 24 teams and same format as FCS except no conference champs.

My fiancee would murder me with how much football I'd be watching in December/early Jan
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    We could always shoot for this one---OOPs thats in Frisco also.

Frisco Tropical Smoothie Café Frisco Bowl

Tues., Dec. 21 – ESPN at 7:30 p.m. (Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas)
    Matchup: UTSA vs. San Diego State

Or this one---

Frisco Football Classic

Thurs., Dec. 23 – ESPN at 3:30 p.m. (Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas)
    Matchup: North Texas vs. Miami (Ohio)

Frisco is a bowl hot spot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope we can make it there someday!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Or this one---

Frisco Football Classic

Thurs., Dec. 23 – ESPN at 3:30 p.m. (Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas)
    Matchup: North Texas vs. Miami (Ohio)

Frisco is a bowl hot spot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope we can make it there someday!!!
    Wow, I didn’t know Frisco was such a hotbed for FBS football. And, the games are on tuesday and thursday nights right before Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Yahoo blog:

The C-USA is focused on the FBS level, though several members of the Missouri Valley Conference make sense: Youngstown State, Indiana State, Illinois State, and Northern Iowa, among them. The golden goose would be North Dakota State, an FCS powerhouse with a strong national brand and NFL cachet.
    talked to 1 of the mod's at CUSA CSNBB today privately today. There is some talks of NDSU & Missouri State to CUSA as All Sports members. But as stated here before the wish is to stay below the Mason/Dixon line.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    talked to 1 of the mod's at CUSA CSNBB today privately today. There is some talks of NDSU & Missouri State to CUSA as All Sports members. But as stated here before the wish is to stay below the Mason/Dixon line.
    Frankly, I’d be all in on that. Mo state would be a reasonable name to play regularly in FB and BB. Goto CUSA and wait for MW opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Frankly, I’d be all in on that. Mo state would be a reasonable name to play regularly in FB and BB. Goto CUSA and wait for MW opening.
    Hell yes, would be even better if we could add SDSU, UNI and Illinois State too.