Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Which Seniors will return for next season?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,281

    Default Re: Which Seniors will return for next season?

    Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    That's not true.
    Certainly more of them would be back

    FBS!!!! Stars!!! Bitches!!! Beer!!!! Thick Calves!!!
    17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    15,547

    Default Re: Which Seniors will return for next season?

    Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Certainly more of them would be back
    If a player comes back for his "covid" year, it doesn't count towards the scholarship limit. So simply having more scholarships doesn't make a difference. I talked to a couple of seniors last Friday, and both said they were graduating next month and moving on with their lives.

    503 In a row

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,281

    Default Re: Which Seniors will return for next season?

    Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    If a player comes back for his "covid" year, it doesn't count towards the scholarship limit. So simply having more scholarships doesn't make a difference. I talked to a couple of seniors last Friday, and both said they were graduating next month and moving on with their lives.
    I didn't know that, thanks for the clarification. So we could in theory be an FBS team for 1 year?

    FBS!!!! Stars!!! Bitches!!! Beer!!!! Thick Calves!!!
    17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

  4. #14
    ByeSonBusiness is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Why? Do you have a warrant?
    Posts
    4,632

    Default Re: Which Seniors will return for next season?

    I would assume most of them are probably content to enter the workforce.
    College of Business Alumnus

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    17,210

    Default Re: Which Seniors will return for next season?

    Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I didn't know that, thanks for the clarification. So we could in theory be an FBS team for 1 year?
    Sure right along with everyone else. Except for all the FBS teams with 100 scholarships all of a sudden.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

    We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    17,210

    Default Re: Which Seniors will return for next season?

    Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I would assume most of them are probably content to enter the workforce.
    Right. Can’t imagine why they’d want to do something like that.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

    We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

  7. #17
    ByeSonBusiness is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Why? Do you have a warrant?
    Posts
    4,632

    Default Re: Which Seniors will return for next season?

    Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Right. Can’t imagine why they’d want to do something like that.
    About 5 years ago a three year starter at ND graduated a year early and didn't come back lol. Went to go work for the FBI or something goofy like that.

    I was pissed for a solid 3 min.
    College of Business Alumnus

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    527

    Default Re: Which Seniors will return for next season?

    Didn't Watson imply in an interview early in the year or in fall ball that this was his last year? Thought I remember him saying something like wanting to make his last year of college football a good one.....

  9. #19
    HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,423

    Default Re: Which Seniors will return for next season?

    Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Didn't Watson imply in an interview early in the year or in fall ball that this was his last year? Thought I remember him saying something like wanting to make his last year of college football a good one.....
    If he gets invited to the Senior Bowl, then I don’t see any reason for him not to declare. I think his hands have been much better this year personally, which is probably the biggest concern for him thus far.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oak Ridge, NC
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Which Seniors will return for next season?

    I could see Jasir and Phoenix coming back. Jasir is really coming into his own and Phoenix lost a lot of time due to injury. I can also understand why many would move on.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •