Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Which Seniors will return for next season?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oak Ridge, NC
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Which Seniors will return for next season?

    Because I can't stand to think anymore about the FBS stuff, I thought I'd ask another question.

    Which Seniors do you see staying for another year since they all get an extra year due to COVID?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    8,902

    Default Re: Which Seniors will return for next season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Because I can't stand to think anymore about the FBS stuff, I thought I'd ask another question.

    Which Seniors do you see staying for another year since they all get an extra year due to COVID?
    It was said by Kolpack and Izzo on Dom's show today or maybe it was the Bison Zone SDSU preview show that Hankey is not coming back.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    15,547

    Default Re: Which Seniors will return for next season?

    My guess is that most do not return. Those that redshirted are in their 5th year now, and many of those will graduate this semester.

    Waege said he would return.

    503 In a row

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: Which Seniors will return for next season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Because I can't stand to think anymore about the FBS stuff, I thought I'd ask another question.

    Which Seniors do you see staying for another year since they all get an extra year due to COVID?
    None.. they will all transfer to FBS JSU-JMU-Coastal Carolina-SHSU...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,543

    Default Re: Which Seniors will return for next season?

    Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    My guess is that most do not return. Those that redshirted are in their 5th year now, and many of those will graduate this semester.

    Waege said he would return.
    His situation is a bit unique since he has a realistic chance at the league, and this injury really hurt that chance. That is a very good decision on his part.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7,246

    Default Re: Which Seniors will return for next season?

    Jasir Cox, Phoenix Sproles, and James Kaczor would be a few I could think of who may return since they never redshirted.

    Barty Ogbu is an interesting one since he's listed as a senior even though he didn't play at all his true freshman season (2018) and has appeared sparingly ever since. I would think he could see some increased playing time at DE with McCormick and Thomas likely done after this year but maybe the fact he's listed as a senior when he could be a redshirt junior means he's done after this year.

    Seth Wilson is another guy that might be worth watching since he is still on the roster despite his injury last spring. He took a redshirt and has basically lost two seasons to injury on top of that (the only season he really played significant time was his true freshman season in 2017). How great of a story would that be if he could battle back from yet another serious injury to be a contributor in his 6th and final season? The RB room is kinda crowded though.

  7. #7
    Snowgoose's Avatar
    Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bismarck
    Posts
    1,025

    Default Re: Which Seniors will return for next season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Jasir Cox, Phoenix Sproles, and James Kaczor would be a few I could think of who may return since they never redshirted.

    Barty Ogbu is an interesting one since he's listed as a senior even though he didn't play at all his true freshman season (2018) and has appeared sparingly ever since. I would think he could see some increased playing time at DE with McCormick and Thomas likely done after this year but maybe the fact he's listed as a senior when he could be a redshirt junior means he's done after this year.

    Seth Wilson is another guy that might be worth watching since he is still on the roster despite his injury last spring. He took a redshirt and has basically lost two seasons to injury on top of that (the only season he really played significant time was his true freshman season in 2017). How great of a story would that be if he could battle back from yet another serious injury to be a contributor in his 6th and final season? The RB room is kinda crowded though.
    Barty Ogbu could not redshirt due to some international rules. Not sure how all of that works with the Covid stuff. Someone could probably find out.
    If it flies it dies.

    Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,281

    Default Re: Which Seniors will return for next season?

    If we had 85 scholarships, all of them would be back.

    FBS!!!! Stars!!! Bitches!!! Beer!!!! Thick Calves!!!
    17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    15,547

    Default Re: Which Seniors will return for next season?

    Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If we had 85 scholarships, all of them would be back.
    That's not true.

    503 In a row

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    24,089

    Default Re: Which Seniors will return for next season?

    I heard theyre transferring to CUSA teams.

    That being said, Watson is going draft most likely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •