View Poll Results: Your best guess: Where does NDSU sit after current realignment?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain FCS

50 56.18%
  • FBS Football-only in CUSA / Summit everything else

27 30.34%
  • FBS Full member in CUSA

5 5.62%
  • FBS independent / Summit everything else

0 0%
  • Other

7 7.87%
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU After Realignment

Default Re: NDSU After Realignment

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    What's the point of this survey? I'd expect a very high percentage would say yes. Considering 100% of them DID come when we are FCS it's almost like the subdivision doesn't matter and they're more interested in NDSU's academics, culture, region, etc. Look at our main recruiting regions and ask why we'd want to move to a failing CUSA.

I really don't understand how some people can't comprehend this. CUSA doesn't want us, we(and apparently nearly everyone else in the country) doesn't want the CUSA, a football only invite is essentially impossible, and this round of realignment is basically done with CUSA probably folding completely. Thinking that there are ZERO benefits to jumping at this time doesn't make me an FCS forever person.
    Can you read? I wanted people's best guess of where things will fall--regardless of what anyone wants. I think a lot of people here have a good sense and are smart about such things, even many of those who are against moving up (you being the exception). I wanted to see people's honest opinion of how realignment plays out (or not) for us this time. It wasn't a survey about what one prefers, but rather what one suspects will happen. My guess is that we remain FCS and that's how I registered it. Sounds like your prediction is likewise that we remain FCS. Fine. If you see no interest or point in the discussion, you are free to ignore the thread.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

MWC has Hawaii, who's a special circumstance. MAC tried affiliates awhile back but KICKED THEM OUT after deciding to stick with only full members. We're not getting a FB only invite. Deal with it.
    Had the MWC lost a few schools, I think it may have been a real possibilty. Footbally only CUSA remains a possibility, do we want it probably not based on what I can read from the tea leaves. Our admin seems to want a perfect FBS spot handed to them on a silver platter which is never going to happen.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

lets put ALL of our sports FBS. shit or get off the pot

I'm almost to the point of ... if we gonna be Football Only FBS. why not ask the Sun Belt?

built in FCS rivalries already exist, if we gonna fly, might as well fly another hour...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Can you read? I wanted people's best guess of where things will fall--regardless of what anyone wants. I think a lot of people here have a good sense and are smart about such things, even many of those who are against moving up (you being the exception). I wanted to see people's honest opinion of how realignment plays out (or not) for us this time. It wasn't a survey about what one prefers, but rather what one suspects will happen. My guess is that we remain FCS and that's how I registered it. Sounds like your prediction is likewise that we remain FCS. Fine. If you see no interest or point in the discussion, please GTFO of the thread.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding here. The poll in this thread is great. My post was about another poster's hypothetical survey of past athletes on whether they would have come to NDSU if we were FBS.

Why is UConn currently talking to CUSA if football-only invites are dead?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Sorry for the misunderstanding here. The poll in this thread is great. My post was about another poster's hypothetical survey of past athletes on whether they would have come to NDSU if we were FBS.
    Well dang...now I feel bad. Sorry for biting your head off. For what it is worth, even before your clarification, I did go back and edit my response to you and removed the "GTFO". Unnecessarily combative on my part.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    lets put ALL of our sports FBS. shit or get off the pot

I'm almost to the point of ... if we gonna be Football Only FBS. why not ask the Sun Belt?

built in FCS rivalries already exist, if we gonna fly, might as well fly another hour...
    Our softball team is good but idk how they’d be able to compete in the FOOTBALL bowl subdivision. Idiot lol you’re making FBSers look bad
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Our softball team is good but idk how they’d be able to compete in the FOOTBALL bowl subdivision. Idiot lol you’re making FBSers look bad
    wtf you talking about. I'm saying ALL of our SPORTS to a FBS conference DUH

FBS G5 Conferences >>>> night & day better than PUD summit

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    wtf you talking about. I'm saying ALL of our SPORTS to a FBS conference DUH
    Even badminton?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Even badminton?
    AND beach volleyball yes.