View Poll Results: Your best guess: Where does NDSU sit after current realignment?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain FCS

50 56.18%
  • FBS Football-only in CUSA / Summit everything else

27 30.34%
  • FBS Full member in CUSA

5 5.62%
  • FBS independent / Summit everything else

0 0%
  • Other

7 7.87%
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU After Realignment

Default Re: NDSU After Realignment

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I mentioned it earlier this season but I it much easier to miss a game or think about maybe not being able to watch an away game on tv this year.

I know this is crazy but honestly it NDSU stays FCS and eventually falls back to the pack and doesn't win it all every other year it won't make things more exciting. It will mean we can't even beat the pud programs that were left behind by all the FBS realignment.

Which stage of grief is this? Isolation, anger, bargaining or depression?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I really hope we get some news and a jolt to the fanbase, would be fun to re energize.

I'm bored with this now and so is my group, harder and harder to spend the cash
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

When NDSU moved to FCS it was such an unknown for ability to COMPETE/continue to recruit local that was always the concern. Now there is no question about competition with the G5 and lower P5. I think big donors would be much more interested in committing to more dollars in helping them to succeed with this jump.

No invite? C-USA looks like they are begging.

Geography? Plane trip is a plane trip for the school. Non-revenue wrestling is already big12 and depending who may be open to a “Super-C-USA” they may make this a positive move for their conference if pick up the remaining quality FCS teams (in NDSU footprint). Bigger concern is fan/parent travel costs, but many parents have been Minneapolis/Wisconsin over the years with special talents from Missouri and Chicago etc.

Population? If NDSU performs like most think they are capable it’s an internet/tv/eyeball market and G5 sexy Cincy (can they get in? Could they beat an Oklahoma?) is more interesting and longer term interest to average college fans than unique punch up NDSU. It’s cool when NDSU beats an iowa. But that was 5 years ago. The interest is GONE if something doesn’t shake up soon. (Still think NDSU should have made a stink about loosing the Oregon game, it was VERY hard on the program in my opinion.)

Gene was unique and hard to lay that expectation on anyone- but that is the deal at NDSU. Gene had the stones to pass on Gus and bring in Bohl to get where they needed to be. Possible need to consider if there was a move. Not sure if still necessary with this switch, and Bohl was a lucky get risk/reward thing.

Fans are going from curious about what the actual strategy is- to pissed off. And unlike Cincy- if NDSU got in, they have the program to punch up pretty damn hard on a good year. But unfortunately it won’t be EVERY year as we have become accustomed.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Yeah, I really hope we get some news and a jolt to the fanbase, would be fun to re energize.

I'm bored with this now and so is my group, harder and harder to spend the cash
    You can feel it across our whole group as well. Went from 25-30 every single tailgate to maybe 12-15 on a good day. They all still have their tickets but almost never come to the games.

I think the strange season and no tailgating did open a lot of people's eyes to the amount of time they spend on Bison football and it's not drawing a decent amount of them back.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/s...248460804?s=20

NMSU, Liberty, SHU, JSU all sports. That’s a start. If true I’m impressed and my interest is rekindled
    I think this would be the beginning of a pretty cool comeback for CUSA and a big middle finger to the Sunbelt, MAC, and AAC. I want to be a part of that! Besides, I would love playing UTEP, Liberty, SHSU, LA Tech and NMSU. The only one I'm not super thrilled about is FIU, but I'd get over it quick every time we play a P5 in non-conference games and get a payout north of a $1 million. And yes, JSU is a small school (about 9K students). But they've generally been competitive in football and would probably do well from the get-go.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

28-11-3-26-38-28-32-2-26-27-42-4-23-14-28-8 the margins of victory for NDSU in the semi and title game the 8 years they won- 21 point win on average and 9 of those 16 games features an opponent that has now left for FBS possibly...

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I think this would be the beginning of a pretty cool comeback for CUSA and a big middle finger to the Sunbelt, MAC, and AAC. I want to be a part of that! Besides, I would love playing UTEP, Liberty, SHSU, LA Tech and NMSU. The only one I'm not super thrilled about is FIU, but I'd get over it quick every time we play a P5 in non-conference games and get a payout north of a $1 million. And yes, JSU is a small school (about 9K students). But they've generally been competitive in football and would probably do well from the get-go.
    Yep, absolutely in on this. Pull the trigger. We aren't building a world class IPF just to continue boat racing Indiana State and Valparaiso. Let's see what this baby can do when you take the governor off.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I mentioned it earlier this season but I it much easier to miss a game or think about maybe not being able to watch an away game on tv this year.

I know this is crazy but honestly it NDSU stays FCS and eventually falls back to the pack and doesn't win it all every other year it won't make things more exciting. It will mean we can't even beat the pud programs that were left behind by all the FBS realignment.

Which stage of grief is this? Isolation, anger, bargaining or depression?

What was announced attendance this weekend? Something like 14k? I don't even bother selling my tickets. If my tickets weren't connected to my uncle's, I'd not renew next year. Zero desire to attend, especially living out of the area - I don't think I've attended a game since 2018, easily the longest I've gone since I was like 8.

Absolute snoozefest - reminds me of the 90s in the dome. They needed to get out in front of this and be actually proactive. Maybe they have behind the scenes, but I want nothing to do with CUSA, which literally covers 80% of the US(and probably will get worse). Don't underestimate the impact of our subpar basketball arena plays in this either. While it's a huge upgrade over the BSA, what a layup that was at the time.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

UTEP
    New Mexico State
    Louisiana Tech
    Florida international
    Liberty
    Sam Houston
    Jacksonville State

That's 7 need 1 more because Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky are likely gone to the MAC.

I would target at least 5 more

Maybe once it's stable we could get Uconn or UMASS for football

If we could get SDSU for football only and then get a few others in this half if the country, we got ourselves a good league
    Last edited by HerdBot; 11-02-2021 at 03:15 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    UTEP
    New Mexico State
    Louisiana Tech
    Florida international
    Liberty
    Sam Houston

That's 6 need 2 more because Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky are likely gone to the MAC.

I would target at least 6 more

Maybe once it's stable we could get Uconn or UMASS for football

If we could get SDSU for football only and then get a few others in this half if the country, we got ourselves a good league
    You’re missing Jacksonville State
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Bahamas or Hawaii Bowl or Brown Grass & 42 , 30 kph winds in Frisco?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?