View Poll Results: Your best guess: Where does NDSU sit after current realignment?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain FCS

50 56.18%
  • FBS Football-only in CUSA / Summit everything else

27 30.34%
  • FBS Full member in CUSA

5 5.62%
  • FBS independent / Summit everything else

0 0%
  • Other

7 7.87%
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU After Realignment

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU After Realignment

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Well dang...now I feel bad. Sorry for biting your head off. For what it is worth, even before your clarification, I did go back and edit my response to you and removed the "GTFO". Unnecessarily combative on my part.
    Things move fast in these threads. No worries. I do wish Bisonville would have nested quotes, it's easy to only get part of a conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Why is UConn currently talking to CUSA if football-only invites are dead?
    They are dead if wanting to get into the Sunbelt, MWC or MAC. Not going to happen …..

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    lets put ALL of our sports FBS. shit or get off the pot

I'm almost to the point of ... if we gonna be Football Only FBS. why not ask the Sun Belt?

built in FCS rivalries already exist, if we gonna fly, might as well fly another hour...
    The Unbelt has voted out their football only members so why would they go back in that and start adding more? Also isn’t there talk they are going to vote out their non football playing members? People lose respect for the FBS movement when they read your crazy posts, you are not helping……

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    JMU was in a different spot. They were upset with the CAA with a nice geographical path to a starter all-sports FBS league. It’s a much safer gamble for them to lay it all out there. NDSU’s natural path leads/led to higher-tier FBS leagues (MWC, AAC) and is much more challenging. It would be stupid for NDSU to piss off Patty V when an FBS path is not clear.

CUSA is a mess right now. They have two options: promote regional sucky FCS teams or form two wings and poach heavily from the MVFC (https://www.csnbbs.com/thread-933839.html). UConn and UMass are not valid options. While FB-only invites are historically rare, all of that could change with the new NCAA constitution.

None of us know, but the tenor of 1660 on this question has most definitely changed. Everyone (Culhane, Brake, Andy, etc.) has openly said that the right FB-only move is a no-brainer. I also think they are getting sick of talking about it because there’s not a lot happening now, and we’re clearly poised for another Frisco run. Valid point.

Looking at what has been out there in the press, they most definitely have put feelers out. DB isn’t interested but he’ll be gone soon, and most of the FCS-for-lifers are locked in on what he says. It won’t matter what DB thinks soon enough.

I started out as FBS, went back to FCS, and have now come full circle, so here’s a point for the FCS-forever crowd to contemplate. There are basically two options going forward – stay hot or fade. The latter is unacceptable, at least if you’re really a Bison fan, so it comes down to this – can we stay dominant in FCS?

Obviously, the program can, but I honestly don’t think the FCS will allow it. It will start by getting snubbed for playoff seeds, difficult road berths, and eventually scholarship constraints. Be objective here. FCS doesn’t want a juggernaut anymore. It gets old for them. 8 of the last 10 ffs. Our recruiting, facilities and success are annoying to the rest of FCS, and no other FCS team with this level of success has stayed this long at the dance.

Beyond the lack of an invite, the only valid concern is recruiting. Would recruiting take hit? That question can be answered easily through analytics and player surveys and IMO this has already been done.

The P5 split thing is just a stupid talking point. I’d rather be in a G5 if/when that happens because they will have much more power in dictating the form of the new 2nd tier. Much of FCS wouldn’t make that cut.

So, we’re back to waiting on an invite and lobbying as best we can with a lame duck president. Hurry up and wait, as we used to say.

I didn’t vote in the poll because I don’t have enough info yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Whats this survey people are speaking of?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Ask the players, past and present – would you have come to NDSU if it were FBS? Simple enough, no?
    Former players is a silly question because who would change history in hindsight. Most have 4 rings, something they didn't anticipate.

But of course recruiting would improve. We would have 22 more scholarships

How many players will choose St Thomas over the Gophers, since the Gophers will never win a national championship ? Trey Lance would have been a Gopher if they offered him at QB.

Most of our recruits are from a 4 or 5 state area and didn't get a power 5 offer. We would continue to get them.
    FBS gives you better road games, a conference championship, a conference championship game on national TV, a bowl game and road trips to power 5 schools.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    MWC has Hawaii, who's a special circumstance. MAC tried affiliates awhile back but KICKED THEM OUT after deciding to stick with only full members. We're not getting a FB only invite. Deal with it.
    Both Temple and UMass chose to leave the MAC. Marshall also had football only and left for the CUSA.

If MTU and WKU move to the MAC I dont see our admin vying for CUSA with so many schools scattered around. Good chance this conference doesnt exist a few years from now even if they find enough to stay alive. Whats to stop the Sun Belt from adding FIU, Liberty, or LA Tech down the road? FIU was in Sun Belt once. Louisiana Tech is right in Sun Belt territory. Whats to stop the MAC or AAC coming around and adding UConn?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    If MTU and WKU move to the MAC I dont see our admin vying for CUSA with so many schools scattered around. Good chance this conference doesnt exist a few years from now even if they find enough to stay alive. Whats to stop the Sun Belt from adding FIU, Liberty, or LA Tech down the road? FIU was in Sun Belt once. Louisiana Tech is right in Sun Belt territory. Whats to stop the MAC or AAC coming around and adding UConn?
    I would see it as an opportunity. We wouldn't be an interloper at this point...we'd be a rescuer. It is a free opportunity at FBS in a conference for which we would play a major role in defining. Heck, we'd basically be charter members of a new FBS conference. As others have noted, we're not likely going to be picked up by a stable conference while we are in FCS. I think this is our best shot. And once CFP goes to 12 and the payouts go up even more, we are NEVER getting into an FBS conference. The door is closed at that point.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here is a YT video analysis of NDSU chances to moving to FBS ... some good stuff here.

One last thought at the end the YT video is about a block of 4 MVFC teams moving together ... somewhere.

What would it take for the MVFC to move the entire conference to FBS .... or at least enough conference team to make an FBS conference?

EDIT: Scrolling down, one YT commenter suggested that MVFC and Big Sky join forces and create a C-USA-like FBS conference.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Here is a YT video analysis of NDSU chances to moving to FBS ... some good stuff here.

One last thought at the end the YT video is about a block of 4 MVFC teams moving together ... somewhere.

What would it take for the MVFC to move the entire conference to FBS .... or at least enough conference team to make an FBS conference?

EDIT: Scrolling down, one YT commenter suggested that MVFC and Big Sky join forces and create a C-USA-like FBS conference.
    You can't do that. Clap, clap, clap clap clap

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post

25 minutes long? does it take him that long to pronounce "geography" or does he just repeat it 4000 times?

any summary?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*