View Poll Results: Your best guess: Where does NDSU sit after current realignment?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain FCS

50 56.18%
  • FBS Football-only in CUSA / Summit everything else

27 30.34%
  • FBS Full member in CUSA

5 5.62%
  • FBS independent / Summit everything else

0 0%
  • Other

7 7.87%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU After Realignment

Default Re: NDSU After Realignment

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Casual fans I know joke about us playing Fargo South and Shanley every week, I pretty much just nod in agreement at this point. Haven't gotten excited about a single game we have played this year, maybe SDSU will spark something but after that it will another long wait for a compelling match up. This isn't how things should be and it isn't going to get better anytime soon.

Sad that our admin has zero ambition, they are just happy to beat up on a bunch of basketball and hockey schools. While our real peers like GSU, App State, JMU...go to where they belong.
    The sad part is the three schools you listed are former teachers colleges with less than half the endowment we have. I don’t even know if saying they are our peers is shooting high enough.

Regardless, in FCS we are the neighborhood bully beating up on the younger kids. It’s time for us to grow up and realize we don’t belong. Let the little schools have their subdivision back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I'm watching FAU UTEP espn+ great game

FAU flashes their lights on & off and big plays and scores and end of game. it's AWESOME. Boca Raton Florida baby
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The sad part is the three schools you listed are former teachers colleges with less than half the endowment we have. I don’t even know if saying they are our peers is shooting high enough.

Regardless, in FCS we are the neighborhood bully beating up on the younger kids. It’s time for us to grow up and realize we don’t belong. Let the little schools have their subdivision back.
    From a football perspective they are, high level of support and success. Take them away and you have what? The Montana schools...maybe Delaware, SDSU, JSU and SHSU. Of course JSU and SHSU could go FBS as well.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Gene and Joe...........where art thou ??

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I'm watching FAU UTEP espn+ great game

FAU flashes their lights on & off and big plays and scores and end of game. it's AWESOME. Boca Raton Florida baby
    That's the power grid failing bro. We need the infrastructure bill bro.

Are you feeling OK?

Lardsin must go!

JMU was in a different spot. They were upset with the CAA with a nice geographical path to a starter all-sports FBS league. It’s a much safer gamble for them to lay it all out there. NDSU’s natural path leads/led to higher-tier FBS leagues (MWC, AAC) and is much more challenging. It would be stupid for NDSU to piss off Patty V when an FBS path is not clear.

CUSA is a mess right now. They have two options: promote regional sucky FCS teams or form two wings and poach heavily from the MVFC (https://www.csnbbs.com/thread-933839.html). UConn and UMass are not valid options. While FB-only invites are historically rare, all of that could change with the new NCAA constitution.

None of us know, but the tenor of 1660 on this question has most definitely changed. Everyone (Culhane, Brake, Andy, etc.) has openly said that the right FB-only move is a no-brainer. I also think they are getting sick of talking about it because there’s not a lot happening now, and we’re clearly poised for another Frisco run. Valid point.

Looking at what has been out there in the press, they most definitely have put feelers out. DB isn’t interested but he’ll be gone soon, and most of the FCS-for-lifers are locked in on what he says. It won’t matter what DB thinks soon enough.

I started out as FBS, went back to FCS, and have now come full circle, so here’s a point for the FCS-forever crowd to contemplate. There are basically two options going forward – stay hot or fade. The latter is unacceptable, at least if you’re really a Bison fan, so it comes down to this – can we stay dominant in FCS?

Obviously, the program can, but I honestly don’t think the FCS will allow it. It will start by getting snubbed for playoff seeds, difficult road berths, and eventually scholarship constraints. Be objective here. FCS doesn’t want a juggernaut anymore. It gets old for them. 8 of the last 10 ffs. Our recruiting, facilities and success are annoying to the rest of FCS, and no other FCS team with this level of success has stayed this long at the dance.

Beyond the lack of an invite, the only valid concern is recruiting. Would recruiting take hit? That question can be answered easily through analytics and player surveys and IMO this has already been done.

The P5 split thing is just a stupid talking point. I’d rather be in a G5 if/when that happens because they will have much more power in dictating the form of the new 2nd tier. Much of FCS wouldn’t make that cut.

So, we’re back to waiting on an invite and lobbying as best we can with a lame duck president. Hurry up and wait, as we used to say.

I didn’t vote in the poll because I don’t have enough info yet.
    Last edited by WhoRepsTheLurker; 10-31-2021 at 03:29 PM.

Whats this survey people are speaking of?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I wouldn't want NDSU to be a part of the train wreck that is C-USA. I would prefer a more established conference like the Mountain West. It feels like C-USA would just a random patchwork of teams thrown together in an attempt to stay relevant/a conference. Doesn't feel like something NDSU should do.

Quote Originally Posted by rutlandbison View Post
    I wouldn't want NDSU to be a part of the train wreck that is C-USA. I would prefer a more established conference like the Mountain West. It feels like C-USA would just a random patchwork of teams thrown together in an attempt to stay relevant/a conference. Doesn't feel like something NDSU should do.
    I highly doubt there’s one person that would prefer CUSA to the MW. I don’t like CUSA either, but it’s either CUSA, MAC or MW. And the MAC and MW are a long ways off from needing to expand to an FCS program well outside their geographic footprint.

Any date to the dance will do for me. I hope we’re all-in on making CUSA viable again. It’s an opportunity to take control of the situation. I know what Chapman and Gene Taylor would be doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Whats this survey people are speaking of?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Ask the players, past and present – would you have come to NDSU if it were FBS? Simple enough, no?

CUSA may be all you get: Mac (NE), Sunbelt (SE), CUSA (TX, mid), MWC (overextended West), AAC (everywhere)

If it survives, CUSA will be the mini version of AAC