Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Indiana State

b15on is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default GDT: NDSU vs. Indiana State

#2 North Dakota State Bison (7-0, 4-0 MVFC) vs. Indiana State Sycamores (4-4, 2-3 MVFC)
    Saturday, October 30, 2021 · 2:30 p.m. · Fargodome (18,700) · Fargo, ND

TV: The statewide ABC network of WDAY (Fargo), WDAZ (Grand Forks), KBMY (Bismarck/Dickinson) and KMCY (Minot/Williston) will have live coverage beginning at 2:30 p.m. with Dom Izzo calling the play-by-play, Kyle Emanuel as color analyst, and Logan Campbell and Zach Staton reporting. ESPN+ subscribers can watch on ESPN.com and the ESPN app.
    RADIO: Coverage begins at 1:30 p.m. on the Peterson Farms Seed Bison Radio Network including 107.9 The Fox in Fargo with Jeff Culhane (play-by-play), Phil Hansen (analyst) and Cole Jirik (sideline). Extended coverage locally on Bison 1660 and 92.7 FM includes "Bison Tailgate" from 10:30-11:30, "Bison Game Day" from 11:30-1:30 and the "Bison Hotline" call-in show following the network broadcast.

Tailgating Weather: Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming cloudy and windy later in the day. High near 50F. SSW winds shifting to NNW at 20 to 30 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.

Game Previews
    NDSU Game Preview
    Indiana State Game Preview
    Missouri Valley Weekly Release

The Fargo Forum
    McFeely blog: Five things to watch in the Bison-Indiana State game

The Analyst FCS/HERO Sports
    FCS: Week 9 Notable Games And How To Watch
    FCS Week 9 Predictions: SIU-UNI, Monmouth-NC A&T, W&M-Nova + More

The Trib Star
    ISU hoping to finish strong, but No. 2 NDSU is a daunting obstacle
    Moala saves his best for last on gridiron for Sycamores
    137-13 Official Bison GDT Starter

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Indiana State

Tune up time before the Bunnies. Impose our will and some Bison football and win big as expected.

Bison: 41
    Wilted Trees: 10
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

F it. I'm going.. KIDS DAY!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Miller Time, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Miller Time, baby.
    I bet we see both. And I bet Entz plays both enough to make the Jackrabbits prepare for both.

Which is fine with me because fuck Stig. We should put Jake Reinholz back there for a series to make Stig think about that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Things I’ll be watching today include:

- Pregame Twitter & TV! QB decision time……
    A couple anecdotes I found interesting;
    My 93 year old neighbor (long-time fan ) thinks it’s Miller Time.
    She thought Quincy Patterson panicked in the pocket last weekend.

Another long-time fan, a co-worker, also thinks it’s Miller Time.
    She noticed QP seems to have tunnel vision (blinders on)
    when looking for a receiver downfield.

Both mentioned they are not coaches or scouts - so gave the usual disclaimers……it does show how Bison fans have been talking about what they have noticed with QBU.

- What do the Coaches, Coach Entz in particular, think?
    If they agree with my anecdotal notes, they have at least one path to travel - e.g. Patterson is banged-up so we are going with Miller……
    If they don’t agree, or remain unconvinced, of my anecdotal notes, Quincy Patterson remains the starter.
    With a strong bullpen……

- Have seen mention of NDSU being about a 4 TD favorite.
    I’d be tempted to take the Sycamores, if I was a betting person.
    Will the Bison play, and play-call, to the competition, similar to Grand Forks?
    Just trying to overpower them, despite all the run-blitzes?
    Or do we see the late Missouri State game play-calling???

- Indiana State is very experienced on Offense, so can they get 1st downs and score on this Bison D?
    The Trees show 8 seniors and 2 juniors starting for the offense, including SR QB Anthony Thompson (Northern Illinois transfer). SR RB Peterson Kerlegrand had 151 yards rushing last weekend during ISU’s 28-17 win against Youngstown State.

- Indiana State is not so experienced on D, showing 3 seniors and one junior on their starting lineup. There are 2 FR safeties starting, looks like opportunities in both run & pass to me.

- ISU has a nice DE in SR Inoke Moala (6’ 4” 250). Moala has 8 sacks and 12 TFL’s this season.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 10-30-2021 at 01:08 PM.

Code Green going for the shut out.
    Herd: 51
    Sick of Morse: 0
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that if we do win today it will be by at least one point.
    Also I am taking bets on that if QP does play that the over under on how many balls he throws into the stands at least 15 rows up is +5. $50 bet for any takers.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb here and say that if we do win today it will be by at least one point.
    Also I am taking bets on that if QP does play that the over under on how many balls he throws into the stands at least 15 rows up is +5. $50 bet for any takers.
    Iswydt... Going out on a limb.

Prediction: defense dominates, offense struggles to meet expectation, Entz criticizes defense during halftime and postgame interviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*