Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HALLOWEEN SIGNS for Oct. 30!

Default Re: HALLOWEEN SIGNS for Oct. 30!

Squid Game mechanical doll in a Bison Jersey and helmet...

Caption:

Red Light
    Red Light
    Red Light

Per McStirsThePot...

Fargodome general manager Rob Sobolik said he was made aware of the sign and has spoken with both NDSU's athletic department and the dome's video crew.

"We'll take steps to make sure something like that doesn't happen again," he said.

AKA - We'll just ban all signs.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they made it once inside? Wasn’t it simply pieces of white paper? Looked impromptu to me. Oh well. Back to Halloween Sign Ideas please: Happy Halloween… Lighting up Jack-o-lanterns… Witches… Ghosts… Scarey…

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    Per McStirsThePot...

Fargodome general manager Rob Sobolik said he was made aware of the sign and has spoken with both NDSU's athletic department and the dome's video crew.

"We'll take steps to make sure something like that doesn't happen again," he said.

AKA - We'll just ban all signs.
    I am with McFeeley on this one, and I sent him an email today to thank him for his column. Our political discourse has taken a turn for the worse in the last 10 years, and I fully support a return to civility when discussing issues. As I tell my students, it is appropriate to disagree, it is inappropriate to be vulgar and disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    I am with McFeeley on this one, and I sent him an email today to thank him for his column. Our political discourse has taken a turn for the worse in the last 10 years, and I fully support a return to civility when discussing issues. As I tell my students, it is appropriate to disagree, it is inappropriate to be vulgar and disrespectful.
    The shallow immaturity of their sentiment is striking compared to the actions they claim to find disrespectful. I'd be willing to listen what they say the meaning of their sign is intended to mean to them, just like I think they should listen to the intended meaning of other's they disagree with. Again those people aren't putting ACAB writing on their shoes which is the equivalent of the sentiment displayed by the students with their sign.

To be honest during the game, I thought the name sign in the student section was cheering on our center who has done an excellent job filling in especially when he came in unexpectedly during the UN- game. I thought it was maybe some of his friends, family girlfriend or sorority/frat friends. Otherwise I am oblivious and don’t doubt many others were too.

Only a lib would find "Let's go Brandon!" offensive. I'm sure they had no issues with "Dump Trump!" signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Only a lib would find "Let's go Brandon!" offensive. I'm sure they had no issues with "Dump Trump!" signs.
    Not offended. Just because I'm aware that it's a thinly veiled vulgarity doesn't mean I find it offensive. Just means I can appreciate the hypocrisy of those who would applauded its use while vilifying others for their social statements at sporting events. This thread wasn't started by a "lib" expressing offense. It was started by a conservative applauding its use. Same one who was among the outraged that student athletes would express concerned about racial injustice in policing, but apparently who applaud middle school level jokes about saying fuck the president. Less offended than disappointed really.

Personally I've never held up a political sign at a sporting event in my life. Never saw a Dump Trump sign at the Fargodome before, so not sure what you're talking about.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I am not offended by the "F*ck Biden" shirts and bumper stickers that I have seen at my school. I am disheartened by the fact that political discourse, for some, has devolved to vulgarities rather than a rational debate about issues and the type of government that people want.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    I am not offended by the "F*ck Biden" shirts and bumper stickers that I have seen at my school. I am disheartened by the fact that political discourse, for some, has devolved to vulgarities rather than a rational debate about issues and the type of government that people want.