Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: report odu jmu to be added to sun belt next week

Default Re: report odu jmu to be added to sun belt next week

found the burner!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    Some of you guys are real pieces of work. I know, captain obvious right Obviously there is a plan in place to go FBS. Do we really think we are just going to sit around and watch everybody else make the jump and not doing anything about it? Come on! And the bitching and whining about ML not letting the fan base know his every move and thought? Cry some more. Again, its a matter of when, not if, and it probably will be soon based on everything else that is going on around the country. And I can promise you this. The one thing ML is not is lazy. I'd be willing to be the last couple years are the least amount of sleep hes ever had in his life, dealing with all the covid shit and everything that comes with it. I've said this before, but people really need to work on walking a mile or two in somebody else's shoes. Could really help perspective.
    Did Matt Larsen's wife write this?
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Did Matt Larsen's wife write this?
    Haha, no, sorry. I'm just not a moron.

Did Matt Larsen's wife write this too?
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Come on now, I'm his grandson.

Come on now, I'm his grandson.

That was a Grade A response, well done Sir
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    CUSA will need at least 8 schools that play everything: Football AND everything else. Six everything schools, two non-football, and two football-only won't cut it. Not sure if that is what you are suggesting or not. So schools like UALR and UTA could help CUSA keep its basketball autobid, but they don't do anything for its FBS status. And NDSU or SDSU as football-only members wouldn't help with either.
    Six everything schools will be easy. They are already at 5. So when they start to bolster the rest of the Olympic sports with non football teams to keep other sports at 2 divisions with a conference game, that's where the uneven numbers could happen. Then again maybe they don't. But they don't have a ton of options

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Six everything schools will be easy. They are already at 5. So when they start to bolster the rest of the Olympic sports with non football teams to keep other sports at 2 divisions with a conference game, that's where the uneven numbers could happen. Then again maybe they don't. But they don't have a ton of options
    FCS needs 6 members for a conference, but FBS needs 8. They also need to be full members, football affiliates don't count. CUSA is in a really tough spot. Liberty is the only current FBS school I see as even a possibility. No way are you pulling UCONN or UMASS away from their basketball conferences. New Mexico State is already in the WAC, and their recent realignment is widely seen as going back to FBS. They just have to be patient and they're in a much better spot than CUSA would give. None of the schools already in other FBS conferences are going to move to CUSA. They need an absolute minimum of 2 FCS jumps to full members, and probably want 6-7. NDSU as football affiliate just isn't going to happen, they need full members and full members only. If they can't find at least 3 then they cease to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    FCS needs 6 members for a conference, but FBS needs 8. They also need to be full members, football affiliates don't count. CUSA is in a really tough spot. Liberty is the only current FBS school I see as even a possibility. No way are you pulling UCONN or UMASS away from their basketball conferences. New Mexico State is already in the WAC, and their recent realignment is widely seen as going back to FBS. They just have to be patient and they're in a much better spot than CUSA would give. None of the schools already in other FBS conferences are going to move to CUSA. They need an absolute minimum of 2 FCS jumps to full members, and probably want 6-7. NDSU as football affiliate just isn't going to happen, they need full members and full members only. If they can't find at least 3 then they cease to exist.
    New Mexico State in the WAC much like NDSU was in the Great West. That's a no brainer to reunite with UTEP instead of playing Independent. With Sam Houston looking at leaving, that will freak out the WAC teams which is already pretty weak. We could see either the WAC or ASun have some issues before they even get started. They would never get UConn or UMass but football only is an option and it improves the brand. Not very good teams

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    New Mexico State in the WAC much like NDSU was in the Great West. That's a no brainer to reunite with UTEP instead of playing Independent. With Sam Houston looking at leaving, that will freak out the WAC teams which is already pretty weak. We could see either the WAC or ASun have some issues before they even get started. They would never get UConn or UMass but football only is an option and it improves the brand. Not very good teams
    Huh? Nothing in this post makes sense. NMSU is the oldest school in the WAC, they didn't join out of lack of options. Go look at a map, going to the CUSA dumpster fire is an idiotic move. Far, far more likely UTEP joins WAC and plays independent football a few years until the whole WAC is ready to move back to FBS. Who said Sam Houston is leaving the WAC? They just joined after a joint cooperation with their peers. CUSA might be targeting them, but they're desperately looking at anyone. Doesn't mean Sammy is interested, or even able right now. You still don't seem to understand the 8 full member requirement for FBS conferences. Affiliates are useless to CUSA. To most of FBS actually. The only affiliates in all of G5 are Hawaii and Navy, and I hope I don't need to explain the special circumstances for both of them.