Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: report odu jmu to be added to sun belt next week

Default Re: report odu jmu to be added to sun belt next week

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    You can say “screw those fans” all you want but funding our sports programs is dependent on their engagement. I understand the sentiment but without those fans our programs will likely descend into mediocrity.
    Lol yeah those aren't real fans like us who wear our Bison undies to bed and throw passes to the Zach Vraa poster on our wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    After listening to the Insiders this morning, this is my thought. Jeff teased to the level that you don't tease if there's not big things happening behind the scenes. Yes, it's N Korean media (god i love that reference, thanks to whoever that was), but if things weren't in motion, the play by play voice of the Bison wouldn't be talking like that.

It's shrouded, coachspeak, vague, etc., but to me it came off very much as a "things are in the work and you'll be happy about it when it comes out". Sounds like levers are getting pulled, traps are getting run and shit is happening. If I had to guess, I would say it's something like a western CUSA division with NDSU, SDSU and maybe some others from the MVFC.

Idk, my $.02. Maybe my heart just can't stand to be so negative about this anymore and so I'm flipping to boundless optimism. Who knows
    From your guess to God's ears. Please, pretty please.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    From your guess to God's ears. Please, pretty please.
    Jeff, Andy and Keith have talked about FBS before on the show many times before when stuff gets brought up. It has always been "Look guys, FBS isn't happening, we have a good thing going for us, etc."

It has never sounded like that before. Jeff was openly opining as a pro-FBSer hypothetically talking to FCSers. That doesn't happen without buyout from the top. State media
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    After listening to the Insiders this morning, this is my thought. Jeff teased to the level that you don't tease if there's not big things happening behind the scenes. Yes, it's N Korean media (god i love that reference, thanks to whoever that was), but if things weren't in motion, the play by play voice of the Bison wouldn't be talking like that.

It's shrouded, coachspeak, vague, etc., but to me it came off very much as a "things are in the work and you'll be happy about it when it comes out". Sounds like levers are getting pulled, traps are getting run and shit is happening. If I had to guess, I would say it's something like a western CUSA division with NDSU, SDSU and maybe some others from the MVFC.

Idk, my $.02. Maybe my heart just can't stand to be so negative about this anymore and so I'm flipping to boundless optimism. Who knows
    Where there's smoke there's fire.

Conference USA is literally a blank canvas right now and it could go many ways. North and South. East and West. The remaining teams are in a way irrelevant much like the original Mid Con Conference was. So many possibilities. When you have to replace 9 teams it's crazy

The obvious one is adding New Mexico State in all sports (to pair with UTEP). After that anything is possible.

There are 2 or 3 teams in the Sunbelt who are non football members who have been rumored to be kicked out. What if they go to Conference USA? If they pick up 2 or 3 non football... duh they need 2 or 3 football only. That's where things will happen.

If Sam Houston leaves, the high ambitioned WAC/ASUN teams will freak out and at least 1 will follow. Tarleton doesn't do much but Stephen F Austin, Central Arkansas or Jacksonville State would be interesting

But looking at the map, Youngstown, Illinois State, Southern Illinois, and Mo state seem to fit geographically

I actually think UMASS and UConn for football only would be a smart move for the brand. I know they suck but strong names

It will be fun to see what happens

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I listened too. covering for Matt Larsons silence/laziness is a bad look. and Culhane is in a tough spot & I feel for him.

NDSU and the Sunbelt would be fun just to get back with fcs rivals,
    but CUSA would be closer and we ALL should be clamoring for Mountain West

NDSU plateaued about 3-4 years ago, Trey Lance get it afloat in 2019. NDSU. HAS TO DO SOMETHING
    STATUS QUO will kill it.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I listened too. covering for Matt Larsons silence/laziness is a bad look. and Culhane is in a tough spot & I feel for him.

NDSU and the Sunbelt would be fun just to get back with fcs rivals,
    but CUSA would be closer and we ALL should be clamoring for Mountain West

NDSU plateaued about 3-4 years ago, Trey Lance get it afloat in 2019. NDSU. HAS TO DO SOMETHING
    STATUS QUO will kill it.
    I think it'll be CUSA, with a west/north division of some flavor as has been mentioned. If it wasn't something so big, CUSA would've announced something by now. A lot of slots to fill in before anything goes public, obviously everyone would be on hush-hush orders.

Selfishly would love east/west due to living in TX. Put us in the west with La Tech and UTEP, could fill in with NDSU and three others from the MVFC or former Southland. NM State probably finally gets that bone thrown to them.

No rumors, no texts, just a feeling. A really good feeling.
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Where there's smoke there's fire.

Conference USA is literally a blank canvas right now and it could go many ways. North and South. East and West. The remaining teams are in a way irrelevant much like the original Mid Con Conference was. So many possibilities. When you have to replace 9 teams it's crazy

The obvious one is adding New Mexico State in all sports (to pair with UTEP). After that anything is possible.

There are 2 or 3 teams in the Sunbelt who are non football members who have been rumored to be kicked out. What if they go to Conference USA? If they pick up 2 or 3 non football... duh they need 2 or 3 football only. That's where things will happen.

If Sam Houston leaves, the high ambitioned WAC/ASUN teams will freak out and at least 1 will follow. Tarleton doesn't do much but Stephen F Austin, Central Arkansas or Jacksonville State would be interesting

But looking at the map, Youngstown, Illinois State, Southern Illinois, and Mo state seem to fit geographically

I actually think UMASS and UConn for football only would be a smart move for the brand. I know they suck but strong names

It will be fun to see what happens
    CUSA will need at least 8 schools that play everything: Football AND everything else. Six everything schools, two non-football, and two football-only won't cut it. Not sure if that is what you are suggesting or not. So schools like UALR and UTA could help CUSA keep its basketball autobid, but they don't do anything for its FBS status. And NDSU or SDSU as football-only members wouldn't help with either.

If we are not going to move FB to FBS there's no point in spending more money on it at the FCS level. Might as well dump all future FB spending into BB.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Thats a worn out trope. Anytime some one counters the FBS or bust crowd they pull that POS out. geez.
    Actually the onus is on you to say how this is NOT exactly like he says it is.

The situations are nearly identical: a subdivision that is dying at the vine, the potential to change subdivisions at a high financial cost, risking our relevancy of our athletic programs in the process.

So please enlighten us, how is this situation vastly different than the decision to jump to FCS in the first place? I'll hang up and listen
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Some of you guys are real pieces of work. I know, captain obvious right Obviously there is a plan in place to go FBS. Do we really think we are just going to sit around and watch everybody else make the jump and not doing anything about it? Come on! And the bitching and whining about ML not letting the fan base know his every move and thought? Cry some more. Again, its a matter of when, not if, and it probably will be soon based on everything else that is going on around the country. And I can promise you this. The one thing ML is not is lazy. I'd be willing to be the last couple years are the least amount of sleep hes ever had in his life, dealing with all the covid shit and everything that comes with it. I've said this before, but people really need to work on walking a mile or two in somebody else's shoes. Could really help perspective.