Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: report odu jmu to be added to sun belt next week

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default report odu jmu to be added to sun belt next week

The long-awaited reunification of old Colonial Athletic Association foes Old Dominion and James Madison appears imminent.

report odu jmu to be added to sun belt next week

You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Default Re: report odu jmu to be added to sun belt next week

NDSU admin has Failed NDSU. the ONLY Logical Rational reason NDSU isn't getting mentioned is because the NDSU admin has sat with a limp --- for years now and Conferences view that as wanting to stay in FCS and chase trophies.

argh. this is sad.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU admin has Failed NDSU. the ONLY Logical Rational reason NDSU isn't getting mentioned is because the NDSU admin has sat with a limp --- for years now and Conferences view that as wanting to stay in FCS and chase trophies.

argh. this is sad.
    We have been loosely mentioned once during the MVFV talks...

but the Sunbelt is a little bit out of footprint, don't you think?

It will fall into place. Once CUSA stabilizes, then we can make a move. Missouri State getting in would help. I'm sure you read Mo State might be moving up

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Yeah Sunbelt would be bad for NDSU. I feel it's coming soon for us though in MWC once 2 of them leave to join the big 12.

Seeing Coastal Carolinas success has gotten me on board a little bit, but I'd still rather play a tourney for a title over a bowl game in my opinion.

Maybe once the big dogs do their own thing mid tier fbs can get a playoff format going.

Bet we go nowhere, and i bet in 10yrs Bison Football is an afterthought to most.

Fanbase is getting older, donors dwindling, apathy for watching Valpo ect...

Too bad, maybe im wrong but just dont feel it anymore.

But hey...we can brag about FBS facilities and still be the FCS...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's funny that only a few years ago the Sunbelt was considered to be the laughing stock of the FBS. But now with the success of App State, Coastal Carolina, to a lesser extent GSU1/GSU2/Troy/UL, they may be considered to be the strongest G5 conference once all this shakes out.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Bet we go nowhere, and i bet in 10yrs Bison Football is an afterthought to most.

Fanbase is getting older, donors dwindling, apathy for watching Valpo ect...

Too bad, maybe im wrong but just dont feel it anymore.

But hey...we can brag about FBS facilities and still be the FCS...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Considering all the good teams are leaving, we may win another 10 National Championships but by then Moorhead State and Concordia will probably be FCS and replace Mo State when they leave. Maybe Augustana

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Considering all the good teams are leaving, we may win another 10 National Championships but by then Moorhead State and Concordia will probably be FCS and replace Mo State when they leave. Maybe Augustana
    Hell, I'm starting to worry that the dump schools like Jamestown College will be moving up at the rate things are going. Until now I've given Matt Larsen the benefit of the doubt when it comes to trying to move, but no more.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

A tourney filled with chumps means little to me. That is where the FCS is headed, going to be lit when these puds decide to cut scholarships. The highlight of most of the schools in our subdivision is collecting a big fat check against an FBS team. It isn't about putting a great team on the field, many just want to exist as a distraction until basketball season starts. You want to gutter our football program, keep it in pudville.

Our admin is completely clueless about how little FCS support exists outside of the Frisco Forever Cult.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 10-26-2021 at 03:10 AM.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Hell, I'm starting to worry that the dump schools like Jamestown College will be moving up at the rate things are going. Until now I've given Matt Larsen the benefit of the doubt when it comes to trying to move, but no more.
    Well were about to lose JMU. Sam Houston and some other team in their conference who I can't even remember their name have been in discussions

Central Arkansas and Mo State have been mentioned in the media. Teams like Jacksonville State, Kennisaw and Illinois State have been mentioned

We waited a decade to long to move up to FCS. Hopefully we don't make the same mistake

I really hope we are having discussions with SDSU, Mo State, Illinois State, Southern Illinois and the Montana schools. When the Great West was formed, it didn't just magically happen