Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game 8 Preview: Indiana State

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021 Game 8 Preview: Indiana State

A couple big reasons I feel Cam has to be the starter going forward. The past few games we have struggled with the blitz. Mainly 3-4 blitzing teams (UND, Illinois St). A consistent short passing game will help prevent teams from just selling out. Screen passes, quick reads, etc. Also, I feel like Cam knows the playbook better. He will be able to make checks into plays that put us in a better situation against things like the blitz. I also think this will help with run checks and possibly help get our running game going.

Might be the only remaining game where I bet ndsu no matter the spread.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Their offensive line is huge... their two OTs are both 6-7 (315/340), OG 6-4 375 and 6-3 335 and their C is a squat 320. They don't allow many sacks.

DE Inoke Moala has 8 sacks on the season and they play a 3-4 so we're doomed on offense too.

Honestly, I don't see why they've been so mediocre this year. I'm guessing it's because their offense is so sporadic - they even take pretty good care of the ball.

Their last game notes: INS Wk8 Youngstown State (PDF) - Indiana State University Athletics (gosycamores.com)
    Yeah, their offense is not good. In the FCS they're ranked 94th in passing offense, 96th in rushing offense, 106th in total offense, and 104th in scoring offense. So I'm gonna guess they don't match up well with the Bison defense.

Their defense is ok but they're 104th in TOP so their defense has had to be on the field a lot. Whoever the Bison QB is will have opportunities through the air. Both SDSU's and USD's QB had a lot of success throwing the ball against them in the first half of their respective games. If the Bison offense can keep the chains moving and finish drives in the endzone it'll be a long Trees Bowl for the Trees.

If that awesome video guy could work this into his next hype video for the Trees Bowl against the Trees like the last Bear Hunt one, that's be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, their offense is not good. In the FCS they're ranked 94th in passing offense, 96th in rushing offense, 106th in total offense, and 104th in scoring offense. So I'm gonna guess they don't match up well with the Bison defense.
    It is really hard to get a handle on college football this year.

I was listening to Bison1600 and they've switched their OC and he loves reverses and whatnot. I do not expect an easy game but would love to be surprised. I just don't think our rush offense is doing well enough to bulldoze conference teams this year.

I was listening to Bison1600 and they've switched their OC and he loves reverses and whatnot. I do not expect an easy game but would love to be surprised. I just don't think our rush offense is doing well enough to bulldoze conference teams this year.
    It would be nice to see a similar about face for the o-line that we saw in 2015 when Stick took over for Wentz under center. As I recall, the run game was very pedestrian to that point in the season and the o-line took it personally to improve that aspect of the offense from there on out. Hopefully that can happen again this year regardless of whether there's a midseason QB change or not.

Couldnt agree more. A lot of game are like WTF is going on here? Crazy stuff.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Well, our constant jet-sweep action isn’t doing anything other than putting miles-per-game on Watson, at least how or “why” we are running it now.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Well, our constant jet-sweep action isn’t doing anything other than putting miles-per-game on Watson, at least how or “why” we are running it now.
    I was really disappointed in our TE blocking on the couple of jet sweeps we ran on Saturday.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I was really disappointed in our TE blocking on the couple of jet sweeps we ran on Saturday.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Cuz TE’s are sick of it. Insanity: repeating the same conduct thinking there will be a different result. This is especially true with our O and the jet sweep. Everyone in the effing stadium knows what is coming. Hell, sometimes it feels like we run that action just out of habit.

”Ok, line up, run jet-sweep action for the hell of it, and then run the QB up the middle cus we just faked them out with the jet-sweep action that we run every play regardless.”
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.