Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game 8 Preview: Indiana State

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021 Game 8 Preview: Indiana State

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I’ve witnessed personally the same thing happening to SDBison during tailgate, and he walked it off.
    I saw the same thing and SD had to switch his shotgunning arm and was never really the same. He went from a 3.2 sec/can to 3.5 sec/can which will get you get you beat in a race vs a SDSu heffer every time.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I was really disappointed in our TE blocking on the couple of jet sweeps we ran on Saturday.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Yes, during the plays I was like who missed that block because the defense blew up the run before it eve got started. Then watching the replay on the screen you would see a useless block.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Well, our constant jet-sweep action isn’t doing anything other than putting miles-per-game on Watson, at least how or “why” we are running it now.
    Yeah, I would rather not see that again because I don't like seeing are best offensive player running parallel to the line of scrimmage - that's how EWU got to play a second half without Cooper Kupp. Maybe if he went deeper so it looks like he might be passing the ball? At least that way he'd get the ball facing somewhat forward and it might keep a safety from charging in at his knees.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Yeah, I would rather not see that again because I don't like seeing are best offensive player running parallel to the line of scrimmage - that's how EWU got to play a second half without Cooper Kupp. Maybe if he went deeper so it looks like he might be passing the ball? At least that way he'd get the ball facing somewhat forward and it might keep a safety from charging in at his knees.
    How bout a bubble screen or rocket screen to Watson instead----if our QB can make that throw

I'd reallllllly like to see a MIDDLE screen to a RB sometime this yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr----if our QB can make that throw

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The tale of the tape:
    I did the same thing but when I looked at stats for conference-games only, you can really see why people have been saying that the offense has been struggling.

8th in scoring offense (24.3ppg) and 10th in yards gained (325 ypg).

In 2019, NDSU scored 39ppg in conference and was rushing for over 300ypg - total ypg was over 500 in the MVFC. So, yeah, we were a little spoiled in 2019. This year's team reminds me more of the 2011 team - NDSU was dead last in total offense that year.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I did the same thing but when I looked at stats for conference-games only, you can really see why people have been saying that the offense has been struggling.

In 2019, NDSU scored 39ppg in conference and was rushing for over 300ypg - total ypg was over 500 in the MVFC. So, yeah, we were a little spoiled in 2019. This year's team reminds me more of the 2011 team - NDSU was dead last in total offense that year.
    So in your opinion----is this reflective of the QB play or the play calling

Good points. I see a strong resemblance to the 2012 team in this year's team. Questionable offense but an absolutely rock solid defense. The 2012 team got some blowouts in league play though (YSU, USD) and we haven't seen yet out of this year's team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Neither, wholly. It's execution and talent. And the execution is off for all sorts of reasons - some of it is errant throws by the QB, some of it is on guys whiffing on blocks, and some of it is NDSU just not being able to manhandle MVFC defenses this year.

It's always easy to blame playcalling because all you have to do is say that a play didn't work so it was the wrong call... I'm no football genius but that is not a clever take.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Not that you asked me but I think they are inextricably linked. I don’t believe for a second that any of these coaches are fools and therefore they call plays that they feel or know the players on the field can successfully execute.

I noted that they called some different ones once Cam was on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Really? Haven’t heard anything about any of this. Please enlighten us all/me. What happened/when/where how? Crazy.
    Shoulder injury info on QB:

https://twitter.com/McFeely_Inforum/...QB-controversy
    Let's Go Bison!!!